Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Dumb shit that guys say... [cdnbiker] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
cdnbiker wrote:
Late to the game but I can add. Had a couple of girls come into my store this summer. Both of them I am attracted to and was single at the time. I was suprised they came into the store as they never do, I know them from other places. After a bit of small talk, the one asked me if I would like to go for beers with them after work? I was stunned, deer in the headlights stunned. My reply was "I have to pick up my truck from the shop" My truck was in getting an oil change. I didn't need it though as I ride to and from work. After some recovery talk I managed to fix it and did go for beers. Ended up dating the one girl for a bit, but "life" got in the way. Both of them still tease me about " I have to get my truck" every time I see them.

Sorry, cdnbiker, I'm not gonna let this one hang in the "dumb shit" category because it just isn't. Like the earlier post from the guy who told a girl who asked him what he was doing after school that he was going "deer hunting," it's not dumb to not jump at the first opportunity to be with a woman you're into. Too easy = lame.

Man, when you said you were attracted to both of them and they came into the shop together, I thought this post was going to go in a whole different direction. If you had messed up that opportunity we could have put it in the "dumb shit" category;)

--------
Trying to fight gravity on a planet that insists
Quote Reply
Re: Dumb shit that guys say... [luckytotri] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The only one that I can think of is that I hooked up with a long-time friend...once the clothes were off I told her: "You have the best breasts I've ever seen on a live woman...."

We are still friends 19 years later and continue to crack up about that one.

Quote | Reply
QuadsofFURY wrote:
The only one that I can think of is that I hooked up with a long-time friend...once the clothes were off I told her: "You have the best breasts I've ever seen on a live woman...."

That is quite fantastic. Hilarious :)

--------
Quote Reply
Re: Dumb shit that guys say... [QuadsofFURY] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
QuadsofFURY wrote:

For the win, post of the week!
Quote Reply
Re: Dumb shit that guys say... [Recoverie] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Recoverie wrote:
QuadsofFURY wrote:

Quad's post is awesome, but, Recoverie, I'm still giving you the win for the double post. It was brilliant. Really.

--------
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
luckytotri wrote:
Recoverie wrote:
QuadsofFURY wrote:

Quad's post is awesome, but, Recoverie, I'm still giving you the win for the double post. It was brilliant. Really.

Thanks, LTT. It just came to me when I saw two opposing threads. Thanks for the set up!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
luckytotri wrote:
cdnbiker wrote:
Late to the game but I can add. Had a couple of girls come into my store this summer. Both of them I am attracted to and was single at the time. I was suprised they came into the store as they never do, I know them from other places. After a bit of small talk, the one asked me if I would like to go for beers with them after work? I was stunned, deer in the headlights stunned. My reply was "I have to pick up my truck from the shop" My truck was in getting an oil change. I didn't need it though as I ride to and from work. After some recovery talk I managed to fix it and did go for beers. Ended up dating the one girl for a bit, but "life" got in the way. Both of them still tease me about " I have to get my truck" every time I see them.

Sorry, cdnbiker, I'm not gonna let this one hang in the "dumb shit" category because it just isn't. Like the earlier post from the guy who told a girl who asked him what he was doing after school that he was going "deer hunting," it's not dumb to not jump at the first opportunity to be with a woman you're into. Too easy = lame.

Man, when you said you were attracted to both of them and they came into the shop together, I thought this post was going to go in a whole different direction. If you had messed up that opportunity we could have put it in the "dumb shit" category;)

Ha, ha. Cue the music.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
" Like the earlier post from the guy who told a girl who asked him what he was doing after school that he was going "deer hunting," it's not dumb "

Tell that one to my daughter. She's a vegan. It would be a really dumb thing to say to her.
Quote Reply
Re: Dumb shit that guys say... [cerveloguy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
cerveloguy wrote:
" Like the earlier post from the guy who told a girl who asked him what he was doing after school that he was going "deer hunting," it's not dumb "

Tell that one to my daughter. She's a vegan. It would be a really dumb thing to say to her.

No, it would be a "smart" thing to say to her. Vegans are weird.

--------
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Try researching it sometime. Vegan/vegetarian makes a lot of sense healthwise. We don't need that amount of animal products in our western diet. Why else do you think so many people are so obese and unhealthy? Even if you don't want to do it full time, cutting back on animal foods will help anybody's health. I still eat some animal products, but have really cut it way back over the past 15 yrs. I'm 61 yrs old, same B.P. and body weight as age 25, and look a lot younger with more energy than any of my same age friends. I contribute that to diet more than swimming/biking or running.
Quote Reply
Re: Dumb shit that guys say... [cerveloguy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I have researched it; I just don't agree. I think meat is naturally part of a human diet. I think eating processed food is the problem. I think people are obese because they have a sedentary lifestyle, eat too much food, and much of it is processed.

I eat meat almost every day, and have read meat at least 4 meals of the week. I eat cheese and butter a lot. If I make mashed potatoes for 6, I'll start with 1/2lb of butter and go up from there. Bacon, sausage--yum! And we raise pigs, so that's something we have a lot.

BP is always <90/<50. Cholesterol, low. Triglycerides 114*, BF between 9-10%.

I credit it to genetics, minimal processed food, and lots of different strength and speed work.

*Edited to amend a stupid factor of ten problem--not 114, 14. Though I just had more bloodwork done, and they were at 38 this time; maybe I should cut back on the bacon, cheese, and butter.

--------
Last edited by: luckytotri: Mar 8, 13 5:02
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
luckytotri wrote:
genkigirl1 wrote:
Just today I was talking to a male coworker about cars. We have an Altezza - a car he's never heard of. He actually told me that there was no way I had an Altezza as they don't exist. Um, thanks google and iphone. It shut him up pretty quickly but seriously, I don't know what kind of car I have and am being told by some guy who has never ever seen it? Muppet.

This is fantastic. Wow. I'm at a loss here. Is it really possible for someone to not know what kind of car they have? JFC, dude.
Shit like that either doubles me over in laughter or sends me to the heavy bag. It's such a fine line.

Does it make it even better that he's the guy that bleats on about having a family to support?? Am thankfully done with him and that university!
Quote Reply
Re: Dumb shit that guys say... [genkigirl1] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
genkigirl1 wrote:
luckytotri wrote:
genkigirl1 wrote:
Just today I was talking to a male coworker about cars. We have an Altezza - a car he's never heard of. He actually told me that there was no way I had an Altezza as they don't exist. Um, thanks google and iphone. It shut him up pretty quickly but seriously, I don't know what kind of car I have and am being told by some guy who has never ever seen it? Muppet.

This is fantastic. Wow. I'm at a loss here. Is it really possible for someone to not know what kind of car they have? JFC, dude.
Shit like that either doubles me over in laughter or sends me to the heavy bag. It's such a fine line.

Does it make it even better that he's the guy that bleats on about having a family to support?? Am thankfully done with him and that university!

I have found myself thinking about this story a few times since you posted it. It makes me chuckle every time.
I'm so glad you're out of there:) I hope the next environment is a huge improvement. Hugs to you.

--------
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
have read meat at least 4 meals of the week

You shouldn't do that. Reading at meal times takes away from quality interaction with your family.
Sorry, couldn't resist. :)

Quote Reply
Re: Dumb shit that guys say... [squid] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
squid wrote:
have read meat at least 4 meals of the week

You shouldn't do that. Reading at meal times takes away from quality interaction with your family.
Sorry, couldn't resist. :)

Squid! Are you picking on me? My fragile little ego can't take it! ;)

I totally deserve that. I make stupid mistakes like that all of the time. I should actually go through and read stuff before I post it.

--------
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
This really disheveled, older dude in a TRX class told me six-packs aren't attractive and he's never seen them look sexy on women. So, I should give up.

kelly dunleavy o'mara
@kellydomara
Quote Reply
Re: Dumb shit that guys say... [kellydomara] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
kellydomara wrote:
This really disheveled, older dude in a TRX class told me six-packs aren't attractive and he's never seen them look sexy on women. So, I should give up.

And he thought you cared about his opinion because??? :)

What a dumbass thing to say. Yeah, dude, the only reason I workout is to look sexy for guys. Wow. Neat.

--------
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Wife, 34 weeks pregnant with twins, sleeping downstairs because she is unable to walk up the stairs. Me sleeping upstairs so that I can take care of our two year old.

Two in the morning, I her my wife downstairs calling my name. I go to the top of the stairs and she yells that her water just broke. I say " are you sure you didn't wet the bed?". Amazingly, we are still married.
Quote Reply
Re: Dumb shit that guys say... [davec] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Excellent. She's a kind, forgiving woman :)

My first baby came five weeks early; with no signs of labor, my water broke in the middle of the night. I woke up my husband and said, "Either my water just broke, or I just pissed myself, and either way, I'm gonna need your help."

--------
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I just have to share this, kinda fits the forum....My girlfriend of 3 years is totally awesome, much to smart for me :)

I've been nominated for runner of the year from our runners club. I told her that in a couple of weeks, good things could happen and she may be sleeping with a "Runner of the Year" award winner, basicly a major award!!! Without missing a beat her reply was " I sure hope someone good wins" then proceeds to pop me on the bum with a wet dish towel...
Quote Reply
Re: Dumb shit that guys say... [slacker20] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I hope guys can participate here...

I told my current girlfriend (who, by the way, is about 10x hotter than I am)
"Are you sure you don't like girls? 'Cause if you did, I wouldn't consider it cheating if you included me"
To which she replied, "The shit that comes out of your mouth!"

I was kidding, of course...mostly
Quote Reply
Re: Dumb shit that guys say... [slacker20] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Without missing a beat her reply was " I sure hope someone good wins"

Ha ha! that's witty. Reminds me of Rodney Dangerfield when he said "My wife told me that she wants to have sex in the backseat of the car, and she wants me to drive."

Quote Reply
Re: Dumb shit that guys say... [IMPBAZ] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
IMPBAZ wrote:
I hope guys can participate here...

I told my current girlfriend (who, by the way, is about 10x hotter than I am)
"Are you sure you don't like girls? 'Cause if you did, I wouldn't consider it cheating if you included me"
To which she replied, "The shit that comes out of your mouth!"

I was kidding, of course...mostly

The saying we use in our house is "Just kidding...unless you're gonna do it" ;)

Great one, BTW. And I applaud you for owning the hotness disparity between you and your GF.

--------
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Yeah...the saying around work:

Women are crazy
Men are stupid
Somewhere in between, there's love

To which one of the women said,
"It's the stupid men that make us crazy"

I had nothing to say.
Quote Reply
Re: Dumb shit that guys say... [IMPBAZ] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Haha! Excellent!

JFTR, women do and say PLENTY of crazy, dumb shit. Plenty.

--------
Quote Reply

Prev Next