Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Drop the Dough / Blue's Battle of the Bulge [Speedy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Back to 222 for me

----------
"...it should be swim, bike, run, cage fight." - el fuser
"I noticed that I am in your sig line! Wow! That's s first for me. Thanks." - Fleck
Quote Reply
Re: Drop the Dough / Blue's Battle of the Bulge [PaulC] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply

From the movie Young Frankenstein.....

Fredrick Frankenstein: Would you mind telling me whose brain I did put in?
Igor: And you won't be angry?
Fredrick: I will *not* be angry!
Igor: Abby Someone.
Fredrick: Abby Someone. Abby Who?
Igor: Abby Normal.
Fredrick: Abby Normal.
Igor: I'm almost sure that was the name.

Last edited by: Speedy: Jan 29, 07 13:08
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I am stuck at 215 for this week and I feel like crap.

http://slow-triathlete.blogspot.com/
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Static at 178 this week. Must have been too much champagne this weekend... got to lay off the booze!

Harry: "I expected the Rocky Mountains to be a little rockier than this."
Loyd: "I was thinking the same thing. That John Denver's full of shit, man."
Quote Reply
Re: Drop the Dough / Blue's Battle of the Bulge [tenacious_b] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In keeping with my new found priorities of

DTD 1st

Building my business 2nd....

results are posted :-)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
This was an ok week on the scales. Down one pound to 165 this week. Took the parents to a hog trough buffet tonight. Will probably pay next week. Thanks for the keeping track for us Speedy.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
01/29/07. 199lbs.

I dunno what's going on. 2 weeks ago ... 198. Last week ... 195. Today ... 199.

Maybe I'm starting my menstruel cycle and retaining water AND my prostate's swollen. =)

I likely need a new scale, although I did eat Pizza Hut on Saturday and bowl of ice cream.

=======================
-- Every morning brings opportunity;
Each evening offers judgement. --
Quote Reply
Re: Drop the Dough challenge is on [Speedy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Speedy,
Tipped the scales at 232 today. Its not coming off as fast as it went on :-=))
I will get next weeks result in before noon.
Thanks - Mike
Quote Reply
Re: Drop the Dough / Blue's Battle of the Bulge [Andrewmc] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Speedy,

Down to 232 this week.
Greg
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I am up 1 lb to 176 for this weeks visit to the scale. I was not very diligent the past few days due to some family issues. Too much take out food and too many missed workouts.

Everbody looks good at the starting line.
Quote Reply
Re: Drop the Dough / Blue's Battle of the Bulge [GregI] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Congrats on your loss

Site has been updated
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I am back up to 145?! How on earth did that happen? Argh. Back to the drawing board...
Quote Reply
Re: Drop the Dough / Blue's Battle of the Bulge [Jodi] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Jodi...you're doing great! Thanks for the inspiration.

Question..do you work out in the evenings? or mainly mornings? I don't know how I could implement the 'no late eating' part because I often start a workout at 6, or 6:30, or even 7:30 pm, due to work.

thanks!
Quote Reply
Re: Drop the Dough / Blue's Battle of the Bulge [bt] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
At least 3 times a week I have workouts in the AM and PM. Those days are tough because I often don't end until 9 or 10pm. But the other days I train in the AM.

This week won't be so good though... I'm sick and will have to cut a few workouts. We'll see what the damage is on Monday...

Jodi
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
The site has been updated.

I am amazed at the all the red this week. For some in the blue, they are back to their original weight or within a pound or two.

Perhaps, the rewards are not great enough & the consequences are not dire enough?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I am applying periodization in my weight loss stratagey. Last week was a build week.

Everbody looks good at the starting line.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
so, when you have an evening workout, you just go to bed hungry? That's the part I'm confused about, since you say you're not eating anything after 7 pm.
Quote Reply
Re: Drop the Dough / Blue's Battle of the Bulge [bt] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
That's what I'm sayin'

Jodi
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
You're a tougher trichick than me, then. Though I have always read/heard that you should refuel your body after workouts for recovery, etc.

At any rate, great work on the weight loss! I'll just keep trying to stick to my plan and be more diligent about not slipping up.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I'm late checking in this week

I weighed in at 217 on Monday, I'm moving slowly!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Good for you. I'm glad it's working for you.

Perhaps you can help me? I was under the impression that within 60 minutes after a workout is the best time to replenish your body with carbs, protein, vitamins & minerals.

It is my understanding that replenishment following exercise goes right to work rebuilding & refueling. I thought that if you don't, the body cannibalizes (Is that a word) itself to do it anyway resulting in muscle loss because it's easier to break down than fat, compromises your immune system & doesn't prepare you for the next workout.

I think I'll stick with my recovery shake or balanced meal following a workout. Perhaps my loss will not be as dramatic, but I believe if I don't fuel properly following a workout I may as well not have bothered. If you don't eat following a workout where do the vitamins A, C, E & beta-Carotene come from for cellular protection (Antioxidants)? What about protein to rebuild the muscle you've worked?

Perhaps you can help & can Lauren can chime in on this?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
To me, it depends on duration. If my workout is more than 75 minutes I have some chocolate milk, but I don't overdo it. If I have a long workout (more than 2 hours) I always plan it before a meal. If I'm doing an hour or 1:15 run or trainer ride and it's late, I tend to just go to sleep. Might not be the best, but I don't like to eat right before bed, at least not when I'm trying to drop a little weight.

I definitely wouldn't take down more than 250 calories right before bed, but a recovery shake is probably good for your body. Especially after high intensity training. Personally, I'm small and don't burn a ton of calories (350/hour in zone 2 running). So it's different for everyone. If I was burning 7-800 calories per hour it would be a different story.

Jodi
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Just checking in to supply some missing data. Believe me, I'd rather not do this...

January 22: 158 (To the best of my recollection)
January 29: 160 (I really hope that was water weight...)

This really stinks because my son starts swimming lessons in late February. It's one of those "Parent and Toddler" classes, so I need to be able to fit into my swimsuit by then...

"Real winners aren't content with yesterday's victories"
Last edited by: SaraJean: Jan 31, 07 12:53
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Maybe people need to set up some mini-rewards along the way so they don't feel like they've got such a long way to go. 10-20 pounds can seem like a long way to go, but if you know you're getting a reward after every 3-5 pounds that can be more motivating. One of the big pitfalls with losing weight is the feeling that you screwed up this day/week/month (whatever) and that the big goal is now even further out of reach. So then you slack off even more and the next thing you know the goal really is out of reach.
Quote Reply
Re: Drop the Dough / Blue's Battle of the Bulge [tenacious_b] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
It's Monday again. No change - 155.
Sigh. I need to be able to run again to get back to losing weight - or increase my volume beyond the current 10-12 hours/week.
Time to suck it up!
Quote Reply

Prev Next