Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Crowie's result at Geelong 2016
Quote | Reply
Anyone have any info on what happened to Crowie this past weekend at Geelong? I had read an article that he had a mechanical but no confirmation or details were given.
Quote Reply
Re: Crowie's result at Geelong 2016 [Phoenixrising] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
From what I understand it was a mechanical where his handlebars snapped. The Ironman tweets said Crowie took full responsibility for the mechanical, so I'm guessing that's either a PR move or he didn't assemble his bike correctly.

Team Zoot 2023
Quote Reply
Re: Crowie's result at Geelong 2016 [Phoenixrising] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I raced that- he was in a good position out of the water, there were some super fast swimmers in the pro field, near the end of the bike he had a mechanical (which I am not sure the exact details) he took full responsibility for it.

He would've spent at least an hour in transition likely taking in what was going on in the race, I saw him when I came into T2 and then at the end of the first (of 2.5) laps on the run.

He was as always a class act throughout the whole weekend.

Quote | Reply
aerobean wrote:
From what I understand it was a mechanical where his handlebars snapped.

Maybe it had something to do with his clownishly small bike. Enough spacers bro?

https://www.facebook.com/CrowieCraigAlexander/videos/10154603285627516/

Quote Reply
Re: Crowie's result at Geelong 2016 [kileyay] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
kileyay wrote:
aerobean wrote:
From what I understand it was a mechanical where his handlebars snapped.

Maybe it had something to do with his clownishly small bike. Enough spacers bro?

https://www.facebook.com/CrowieCraigAlexander/videos/10154603285627516/

2014 World Time Trial Champion:

-------------
Ed O'Malley
www.VeloVetta.com
Founder of VeloVetta Cycling Shoes
Instagram • Facebook
Quote Reply
Re: Crowie's result at Geelong 2016 [RowToTri] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
the difference there is that Wiggo is on the right sized bike and Crowie is not.

Eric Reid AeroFit | Instagram Portfolio
Aerodynamic Retul Bike Fitting

“You are experiencing the criminal coverup of a foreign backed fascist hostile takeover of a mafia shakedown of an authoritarian religious slow motion coup. Persuade people to vote for Democracy.”
Quote Reply
Re: Crowie's result at Geelong 2016 [ericM40-44] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
For what reason? Is there not a legit reason you may want your base bar to be well below the pads? Perhaps you want to stay low with your hands on the base bar? Perhaps they found it to be more aero to have space between your forearms and your base bar?

-------------
Ed O'Malley
www.VeloVetta.com
Founder of VeloVetta Cycling Shoes
Instagram • Facebook
Quote Reply
Re: Crowie's result at Geelong 2016 [Willrc91] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Willrc91 wrote:
I raced that- he was in a good position out of the water, there were some super fast swimmers in the pro field, near the end of the bike he had a mechanical (which I am not sure the exact details) he took full responsibility for it.

He would've spent at least an hour in transition likely taking in what was going on in the race, I saw him when I came into T2 and then at the end of the first (of 2.5) laps on the run.

He was as always a class act throughout the whole weekend.

I heard some nuts weren't tightened up properly.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
RowToTri wrote:
For what reason? Is there not a legit reason you may want your base bar to be well below the pads? Perhaps you want to stay low with your hands on the base bar? Perhaps they found it to be more aero to have space between your forearms and your base bar?

I believe Jim from ERO has posted that the cockpit area is a major area of drag on the bike and by adding spacers, while adding more volume, you actually clean up the cockpit from an aero/cda perspective.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
that's not what I'm talking about. The frame is too small, in Argon sizing, not relative to other types of bikes, say his narrow tall Specialized Shiv. One size bigger is all I'm recommending, to give him / make him use a little more reach.

RowToTri wrote:

Eric Reid AeroFit | Instagram Portfolio
Aerodynamic Retul Bike Fitting

“You are experiencing the criminal coverup of a foreign backed fascist hostile takeover of a mafia shakedown of an authoritarian religious slow motion coup. Persuade people to vote for Democracy.”
Quote Reply
Re: Crowie's result at Geelong 2016 [ericM40-44] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I am no expert but have to agree. First thought I had when I saw the video of the new bike is that the bike is too small.
Quote Reply