Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Critique my position on the R3 (Not really, just want to hear about my decor)
Quote | Reply
this is a FIST fitting. It feels much longer than I am used to on the old Trek 1200 but it feels very good.

By the way, took first ride and it was awesome. Climbs like I am using someone else's legs.

Last edited by: MHCoburn: Apr 20, 06 21:56
Quote Reply
Re: Critique my position on the R3 (Not really, just want to hear about my decor) [MHCoburn] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
That floor sure is shiny.. but is that really your house, or did you just drag your bike into some random open house in your neighborhood?

Oh, and I'm not sure about the tri-shoes with the road bike. Some nice black Sidi Genius 5's would look good.

http://www.churchofcycling.org
Quote Reply
Re: Critique my position on the R3 (Not really, just want to hear about my decor) [KLinggi] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Brilliant. Yes, my house...for sale. New Specialized S-Works BG Carbon shoes get picked up tomorrow with Look Carbon Ti pedals Keos.

Bring it the rest of you. I always read these for the "plant growing out of your ass" comments.
Quote Reply
Re: Critique my position on the R3 (Not really, just want to hear about my decor) [KLinggi] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Well I think your seat is too high for starters, you're not even at the bottom of your stroke and your knee doesn't have squat all bend in it.

Slowtwitch Planet-X mafia
Quote Reply
Re: Critique my position on the R3 (Not really, just want to hear about my decor) [sixdog] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
OK, I will take that and can't blame the shop because the seat had to be set with platforms and tennis shoes since I was an out of town buyer. Will fix that Fri with new shoes and pedals. Thanks.
Quote Reply
Re: Critique my position on the R3 (Not really, just want to hear about my decor) [sixdog] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Technically, I think I am at the point in the stroke that gave my knee the least bend. Wouldn't opposite (180 degrees) from the seat angle be the longest point in the stroke? Not necessarilly the bottom?
Quote Reply
Re: Critique my position on the R3 (Not really, just want to hear about my decor) [MHCoburn] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Nice Bike. Not sure you can really call it a "FIST Fitting", since FIST is only a methodology for fitting tri bikes (unless Dan added a road bike system that I haven't heard about).

Enjoy your new ride.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
1.) are you sure you have enough spacers underneath your stem? Is that even safe? If that is what you need to feel comfortable, maybe a higher rise stem is in order....

2) since powerbar is your sponsor...couldnt they give you a clean bottle for when you post on a public forum ;)

hehe all that aside - sweet ride
Quote Reply
Re: Critique my position on the R3 (Not really, just want to hear about my decor) [BK] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Damn, you are right. It was fit by a FIST certified shop. So what it tells me is that they care enough about fitting people on bikes that they flew their shop manager to Vallerymo from Ohio to get the training. But your statement is correct. I guess I was just so excited they even had Slowtwich on their fitting questionaire.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Either the photographer is crooked or that picture is.

Water bottle colors clash with the bike (sorry PB).

clm

clm
Nashville, TN
https://twitter.com/ironclm | http://ironclm.typepad.com
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Oh I was just nit-picking, I knew what you meant.
Quote Reply
Re: Critique my position on the R3 (Not really, just want to hear about my decor) [ironclm] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
OK, waterbottle will go. Picture is straight, just checked it, wife must have been crooked. Or just paralax from the lens.
Quote Reply
Re: Critique my position on the R3 (Not really, just want to hear about my decor) [BK] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
That is what these posts are about.. Nit Picking. I love it. The thread I really regret starting is the one about how to make the bike lighter and then everyone basically told me to get rid of everything but the frame. I forgot the premise of my original post and started to feel bad about my awesome new bike. Then Gerard and others (Julian) helped me get back on track. Off to the races on Sat/Sun.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Is that a mullet???

king of the road says you move too slow
KING OF THE ROAD SAYS YOU MOVE TOO SLOW
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Are you biking in someone's real estate office? What's with the house for sale flyers and the business cards in the plexiglass holder?

Portside Athletics Blog
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Definitely get some nice, lightweight carbon water bottle holders. You can get the CSC water bottles online too if you wish.

Stem might be 1cm too long. Too many spacers too. Seat height looks OK to me. Nice stretched out, Euro race position for sure.

Quote | Reply
For the cheapest way to get some matching stuff for your new frame and jersey, check probikekit.com (I'm not affiliated with them in any way)

Tacx Tao cages, just like CSC uses, for just over $10 each. Team CSC bottles for a little less than $5 each. You'll be just cool enough to tic off the tri crowd. Great prices on wheels, too, if you want Mavics for the lightness project.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
One size too small.....what size stem is that?

You have really long forearms.

Bend and tuck your elbows.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Mike,

I am not a fit expert in any way so these are just my visual observations

- Seat does appear to be too high

- Upper body does seem to be about right for road positioning. However, something does not appear to be quite right regarding you and the bike. I seem to recall you saying that you are 6'1" and that it's a 58 frame. I am surprised that you need that much stack height to get the front end right. Perhaps if you lower the seat the front end can come down to. My knee jerk reaction would be to go up a frame size, but a 58 would seem about right for someone who is 6'1". You must have very long legs and arms for someone of your height.

Fleck

Steve Fleck @stevefleck | Blog
Quote Reply
Re: Critique my position on the R3 (Not really, just want to hear about my decor) [Fleck] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks Fleck, Solid, thoughtful comments. I will work with the bikeshop to tweek it.
Quote Reply
Re: Critique my position on the R3 (Not really, just want to hear about my decor) [Diesel] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:

All measures pointed toward 58, it feels plenty big. Stem is 140 and feels long. Will bend more when riding, thx.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
In Reply To:

All measures pointed toward 58, it feels plenty big. Stem is 140 and feels long. Will bend more when riding, thx.
Frame is almost without question too small. The 140 stem and way too tall stack o' spacers are red flags.

Too f@ckin depressed from various injuries to care about having a signature line.

Sponsored by Blue Shield PPO.
Quote Reply
Re: Critique my position on the R3 (Not really, just want to hear about my decor) [sc3826] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
Is that a mullet???

It sure seems dangerously close. . .
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Bike is more like 2 sizes too small.You are extremwly upright with a 140 stem and all those spacers and seatpost. Stop paying attention to frame size and start paying attention to top tube and head tube lengths. No one needs to run a 140 stem. I am 6'5, ride a custom frame that has a 62.5 effective top tube and I run a 130 with only a 2cm spacer for climbing. I drop out the spacer for racing. The only reason I have a 130 stem is building a bike for my dork like body would require me riding something traditional in a 65 or 66cm range.

Kurt Luoni
US Sales Manager
Orca Wetsuits
Quote Reply
Re: Critique my position on the R3 (Not really, just want to hear about my decor) [I Wear a Speedo] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
In Reply To:
Is that a mullet???

It sure seems dangerously close. . .

Ok, now that is starting to hurt. Not a mullet, mearly a little growth to give me that euro-racer look. This takes nerve to pull off in a corporate setting.

I like to call it my Missouri Mud flap, Camero Crash Helmet, Kentucky Waterfall, 10/90, business in the front ...party in the back. I think there is a full mullet thread, but I really have no desire to have one.
Quote Reply

Prev Next