Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Contador- TdF positive for Clenbuterol [de-tri-mental] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
Agreed.

In addition, if they assay at this sensitivity, the amount of false positives increases dramatically.

I would want to know how many more riders were showing up positive.
Hard to believe he was the only one who showed up positive. All depending who they tested and if that particular procedure was used for all racers.

I do believe in the "contamination" excuse. But I am more inclined to believe that it may be from a masking agent or supplement.

What they aren't telling us is what the linearity of the instrument is. I do drug testing all the time in my lab and the line between positive and negative is clear, and it is always set much higher than the linearity of the instrument. The machine may be able to detect very small amounts, but when they get below a set point, the number cannot be guaranteed. That's why those things are tested, repeatedly.
CS

To be sure of hitting the target, shoot first and call whatever you hit the target.
Quote Reply
Re: Contador- TdF positive for Clenbuterol [fartleker] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Regardless of the truth, the timing is interesting.

Contador was informed in late August, yet the news is announced during the middle of the World Championships.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
So THAT's how he beat LA. I knew there had to be something else to it.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
The good news is that, fortunately, the entire team didn't eat the contaminated beef. That would have created quite a controversy!

Mark

Fast-Finishes.com
Triathlon and Running Race Timing
Athletic Event Management
Quote Reply
Re: Contador- TdF positive for Clenbuterol [NJSteve] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Landis is kind of like Conseco. The source is slimy but they are probably the ones telling things closer to the truth than anyone out there.

Is it cheating if everyone does it?
Quote Reply
Re: Contador- TdF positive for Clenbuterol [Z fan] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
So THAT's how he beat LA. I knew there had to be something else to it.

And how LA beat Wiggins!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Ahhhh, NOW I get it!

So you call up one of those cattle farms where you can Pre-order your own cow, and then you stuff it full of GH, clenbuterol, etc. Then you have it slaughtered, eat it and train like hell......then go race.

Get caught?
No problem,........ it was contaminated beef!

persequetur vestra metas furiose
Quote Reply
Re: Contador- TdF positive for Clenbuterol [E_moto] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Step 1: Eat beef
Step 2: ???
Step 3: Profit!

speedySTATES
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
good piece on the topic

http://www.sportsscientists.com/
Quote Reply
Re: Contador- TdF positive for Clenbuterol [gerard] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Wow. It's Gerard Vroomen. Thanks for your insight into that one aspect. I still cry foul but only because I've grown skeptical. I love NFL football and despite their less stringent testing, rarely do r they win ' contamination' cases. Even STARCAPS case is legal wrangling over state testing laws
Quote Reply
Re: Contador- TdF positive for Clenbuterol [ttram] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Awesome

Greg C. Moriates
Owner/Coach
GCMendurance.com
Quote Reply
Re: Contador- TdF positive for Clenbuterol [JollyRogers] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Wow, good reading. Thanks for posting.
Quote Reply
Re: Contador- TdF positive for Clenbuterol [SeasonsChange] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
has anyone looked at the effectiveness of this drug? its really not that good... and the evidence isnt there.

Wasn't that landis testosterone defense? "Why would I take that? It's not much of a PED for an endurance athlete."

P.S. The Magic Mountain Man bike is intimidating me. Any chance I can get EPO contamination from In n Out Burger but next weekend?
Last edited by: johnbrain: Sep 30, 10 7:43
Quote Reply
Re: Contador- TdF positive for Clenbuterol [ninesixfour] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
Food contamination? That's almost as good as, "I tested positive for testosterone because I got shit-faced last night. Then while hung over I rode solo to victory on a mountain stage. Really."

"That baggie of white powder in my purse? It's not mine, and I think it's gum" - Paris Hilton

"What's your claim?" - Ben Gravy
"Your best work is the work you're excited about" - Rick Rubin
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
Step 1: Eat beef
Step 2: ???
Step 3: Profit!

Actually....it should read like this

Phase 1: Eat Beef
Phase 2: ???