I just checked the guide.

6:00 start all half men
6:05 all half women
6:10 all half relay and AB.

7:00 mass start for ALL full, relay and AB
Quote Reply
Re: Challenge Atlantic City [noofus] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I emailed the race director and he just told me that the half is a mass start. I read the guide but it doesn't specify, just says "6:00 am start" as you all have noted.

I also asked for a map of transition and his response was, "When you come Saturday to drop off your bike you can and will see the whole set up"

OK, thanks....

Also nothing for spectators in the guide.. not that it is difficult to figure out (stand on the boardwalk), but usually this information is provided. I would like to hand something to my fiance and her family so they know exactly where to be. Especially for viewing the swim/bike, just hang out near Bader Field??

Strava
Quote Reply
Re: Challenge Atlantic City [sch340] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
sch340 wrote:
I emailed the race director and he just told me that the half is a mass start. I read the guide but it doesn't specify, just says "6:00 am start" as you all have noted.

I also asked for a map of transition and his response was, "When you come Saturday to drop off your bike you can and will see the whole set up"

OK, thanks....

Also nothing for spectators in the guide.. not that it is difficult to figure out (stand on the boardwalk), but usually this information is provided. I would like to hand something to my fiance and her family so they know exactly where to be. Especially for viewing the swim/bike, just hang out near Bader Field??

A map of transition? That seems a bit much. In any case it is a simple setup - the swim exit goes into T1 through a chute where they have a firetruck pumping a fresh water shower. You run past the truck, into the row of bags on the ground (assuming you are racing the full I guess) and into the tent. Do what you need and hand off the bag, out to the bikes and go.

For the half, well, I don't know as that is new this year. I suspect you would just veer off left of the tent to just go to your spot.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
How many are registered for the full? Did I read correctly somewhere that it was around 250? Kind of a sad little number... but I do love the small races.. Will make the mass start pretty mellow. But we're going to be pretty lonely out on the bike!!
Quote Reply
Re: Challenge Atlantic City [Chihuahua] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Chihuahua wrote:
How many are registered for the full? Did I read correctly somewhere that it was around 250? Kind of a sad little number... but I do love the small races.. Will make the mass start pretty mellow. But we're going to be pretty lonely out on the bike!!

It will be an honest bike then, but I can assure you won't be alone on the boardwalk. Fantastic race, have a great time - I wish I could be racing!!!

Save: $50 on Speed Hound Recovery Boots | $20 on Air Relax| $100 on Normatec| 15% on Most Absorbable Magnesium

Blogs: Best CHEAP Zwift / Bike Trainer Desk | Theragun G3 vs $140 Bivi Percussive Massager | Normatec Pulse 2.0 vs Normatec Pulse | Speed Hound vs Normatec | Air Relax vs Normatec | Q1 2018 Blood Test Results | | Why HED JET+ Is The BEST value wheelset
Quote Reply
Re: Challenge Atlantic City [Chihuahua] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Chihuahua wrote:

Entry list for the full:
http://timing.rev3tri.com/...-84C6-81E41217D242/2
Quote Reply
Re: Challenge Atlantic City [Thomas Gerlach] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thomas Gerlach wrote:
Chihuahua wrote:

It will be an honest bike then, but I can assure you won't be alone on the boardwalk. Fantastic race, have a great time - I wish I could be racing!!!

They still have you, and many pros on the registration list. Did they just not remove you guys, or are there some pros actually planning to participate just for shits and giggles (which I can't possibly imagine doing)?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
noofus wrote:
Thomas Gerlach wrote:
Chihuahua wrote:

They still have you, and many pros on the registration list. Did they just not remove you guys, or are there some pros actually planning to participate just for shits and giggles (which I can't possibly imagine doing)?

I would not be surprised if a few elite license guys show up - however, I will not be showing up for S&G. Wish it was a pro race still, maybe again in the future because I would love to go back and especially now with IMCDA moving to August.

Save: $50 on Speed Hound Recovery Boots | $20 on Air Relax| $100 on Normatec| 15% on Most Absorbable Magnesium

Blogs: Best CHEAP Zwift / Bike Trainer Desk | Theragun G3 vs $140 Bivi Percussive Massager | Normatec Pulse 2.0 vs Normatec Pulse | Speed Hound vs Normatec | Air Relax vs Normatec | Q1 2018 Blood Test Results | | Why HED JET+ Is The BEST value wheelset
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
noofus wrote:

A map of transition? That seems a bit much. In any case it is a simple setup - the swim exit goes into T1 through a chute where they have a firetruck pumping a fresh water shower. You run past the truck, into the row of bags on the ground (assuming you are racing the full I guess) and into the tent. Do what you need and hand off the bag, out to the bikes and go.

For the half, well, I don't know as that is new this year. I suspect you would just veer off left of the tent to just go to your spot.

A transition map is a nice-to-have. I only ask because I have been the 1st out of the water twice in races from this RD, and twice, volunteers have sent me in the wrong direction. I've also found course markings to be a bit light and/or misleading. Two weeks ago at Escape the Cape some police officers directed me down the wrong side of the road and cost me almost 60 seconds on the bike. But I'll stop complaining now and HTFU.

Weather looks to be improving from what I can tell! Wunderground has the heavy stuff stopping right around 6 am (unfortunately this won't spare our bikes from the rain).

Does anyone know where spectators can watch the swim/bike?? No info on this in the athlete guide or the email they sent around 2 days ago.

Strava
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Looks like you guys are gonna luck out with the weather, I was down the shore near AC last week, it was hot and humid, but not this weekend, Good luck to those competing.
Quote Reply
Re: Challenge Atlantic City [wcroadie] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Anyone know if there's an athlete tracker? I know there was last year, can't find it this year.

"I think I've cracked the code. double letters are cheaters except for perfect squares (a, d, i, p and y). So Leddy isn't a cheater... "
Quote Reply
Re: Challenge Atlantic City [Leddy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Leddy wrote:
Anyone know if there's an athlete tracker? I know there was last year, can't find it this year.

I believe ia link will show up tomorrow or late tonight closer to race time.

Genetics load the gun, lifestyle pulls the trigger.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I was looking at results from last year and the timing company had four mats on the full distance bike course. I don't know if it's the same this year, but I'm hoping the mats will be out there again this year and you'll have link off the Challenge AC website to those times while the athlete is out on the course.
Quote Reply
Re: Challenge Atlantic City [hyr00] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Did anyone else have the bike course being long by about 2 miles?
Quote Reply
Re: Challenge Atlantic City [JPDMD25] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I did the full relay and I had the bike course as being spot on.

I thought that was a pretty good course, a few turns were a little sketchy though. Like when turning into the gas station and having to hop that little lip.
Last edited by: Granth9: Jun 29, 15 4:46
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
JPDMD25 wrote:
Did anyone else have the bike course being long by about 2 miles?

I had it around 58. It listed as that on the results.

"I think I've cracked the code. double letters are cheaters except for perfect squares (a, d, i, p and y). So Leddy isn't a cheater... "
Quote Reply
Re: Challenge Atlantic City [Granth9] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Granth9 wrote:
I did the full relay and I had the bike course as being spot on.

I thought that was a pretty good course, a few turns were a little sketchy though. Like when turning into the gas station and having to hop that little lip.

That was indeed interesting...

One suggestion I would have for Delmo is LARGER SIGNS. I have to constantly keep my eyes peeled for the tiny 1 foot long sign with an arrow on it, plus a few strips of neon tape on the road. I was 2nd almost the entire way on the bike and this was stressful, even after studying the course pretty intensely beforehand.

Not to mention a few unguarded intersections where I had to look both ways before crossing, and cars making u-turns across the course without looking.

I had the bike course as being 2 miles long, too.

Strava
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I also had 58 miles on the Garmin. More aid stations on the run were needed. I was dying between mile 4-7. Should have brought my fuel belt. Post-race food was great!
Quote Reply
Re: Challenge Atlantic City [jdais] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yup. I had 58 miles too. Did anyone miss there finisher shirt? I didn't see any.
Quote Reply
Re: Challenge Atlantic City [kquantum] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
You had to go into Boardwalk Hall to get your tshirt.. not well advertised.. I had to ask a few volunteers before someone knew where the shirt was.

Strava
Quote Reply
Re: Challenge Atlantic City [jdais] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
jdais wrote:
I also had 58 miles on the Garmin. More aid stations on the run were needed. I was dying between mile 4-7. Should have brought my fuel belt. Post-race food was great!

I think they must agree with this number because on the results, if you add up the different segments, it comes to 58 miles. And, if you divide your time by 56, it doesn't work out to the average speed in the results, but if you divide that time by 58, it does match up.

I agree about miles 4-7. Me too. Totally bonked in there and the distance between aid stations was toooo far.
Quote Reply
Re: Challenge Atlantic City [gienopes] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
What about the swim distance? I didn't do the race but the swim times seemed slow.
Quote Reply
Re: Challenge Atlantic City [RandyS] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
RandyS wrote:
What about the swim distance? I didn't do the race but the swim times seemed slow.

I think it was probably just about right. I was a minute slower than usual, and I'm usually pretty consistent, but I went off course a bit in the middle which probably cost me at least 30 seconds.

Strava
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Anyone know where you can see overall results. I saw the link for looking up individual but I am curious who won OA and AG's?

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Quote Reply

Prev Next