Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Cervelo P-series - Setups
Quote | Reply
Hi everyone, I just picked up a cervelo p-series and was wondering what general setups (hydration systems, aerobars, mounts etc.) people have out there? I'm looking at possibly changing out the aerobars for something cleaner (the 51 speedshop monobar or the vision metron TFA look tasty) so looking for some inspiration. All photos welcomed!
Quote Reply
Re: Cervelo P-series - Setups [khash21] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Here's probably the slickest P-series out there. Delta cover allows the brake cable to be hidden but is otherwise not a totally necessary part of the build I'd say.

Benjamin Deal - Professional - Instagram - TriRig - Lodi Cyclery
Deals on Wheels - Results, schedule, videos, sponsors
Quote Reply
Re: Cervelo P-series - Setups [realbdeal] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Wow that's super clean and a great custom colour! I like the idea of having monobar with a bottle cage mounted in front, but we're quite limited on the options, 51 speedshop or Tririg I think.

Are there BTA mounts out there that allow for the xlab gorilla cage to be mounted on non-monobar systems?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply

Routing the cable down the steerer is key to looking clean from the front

If you're building for speed, don't waste time with aerobars that can't use the HSF Aeria bottle.
Quote Reply
Re: Cervelo P-series - Setups [realbdeal] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
That is a sweet ride. Thanks for posting.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I've got a Di2 P-Series and replaced the cockpit with the 51-Speedshop setup and some TriRig closed back scoops. I love it. It's very comfortable and easy to adjust, just pay close attention to the length of the bolts you use when installing the spacers. For hydration I just run an XLAB cage BTA with a standard bottle, along with two more attached to my saddle rails. I kept the Cervelo aero bottle and use that for a Gu/water mixture for longer rides or races. Other changes include Rotor 165mm cranks, Kogel ceramic BB and oversized pulley wheels, JCOB Delta 38 saddle, and AeroCoach Zephyr wheels. Here's a fairly recent picture before I got the TriRig scoops.

https://i.imgur.com/ufon6oD.jpg
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I have a brand new Tririg Delta aero cover in an unopened package. If you are interested, let me know.
Quote Reply
Re: Cervelo P-series - Setups [Th4ddy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Nicely done. Looks clean and sharp!
Quote Reply
Re: Cervelo P-series - Setups [mdeck] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
mdeck wrote:
I have a brand new Tririg Delta aero cover in an unopened package. If you are interested, let me know.

Message sent
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I’m going to be building up a P-Series for a friend shortly that will use the HSF Aeria stem/bottle and the Vision Metron TFA aerobars, with TFE extensions. Should be a crazy fast setup - will post pics when I do.

In the meantime, here’s a picture of my wife’s P-series, built with Di2, a Tririg Alpha X aerobar and a custom Aeria HSF bracket and bottle.

Quote | Reply
That's a sweet setup, I'd like to do something similar. Just can't get a hold of one of those 51 speedshop aerobars!
Quote Reply
Re: Cervelo P-series - Setups [IKnowEverything] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
IKnowEverything wrote:
I’m going to be building up a P-Series for a friend shortly that will use the HSF Aeria stem/bottle and the Vision Metron TFA aerobars, with TFE extensions. Should be a crazy fast setup - will post pics when I do.

In the meantime, here’s a picture of my wife’s P-series, built with Di2, a Tririg Alpha X aerobar and a custom Aeria HSF bracket and bottle.

I'd be very interested to see what the P-series looks like with the vision metron TFA aerobars
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I wouldn’t overthink this. There is nothing special about the P Series frame. In fact, it’s Cervelo’s vanilla-looking frame. You can set this bike up with Pretty much any cockpit, BTS and other options that you can find out there. Hundreds of pics on here, IG etc that you can look at for ideas.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
It looks pretty good. Helped a friend build hers with the tfa aerobar without the snakebite stem, it's a pretty sweet setup IMO
Quote Reply
Re: Cervelo P-series - Setups [imswimmer328] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
imswimmer328 wrote:
It looks pretty good. Helped a friend build hers with the tfa aerobar without the snakebite stem, it's a pretty sweet setup IMO

Don't suppose you have an image of what it looks like with it? I could only find one image on IG and it had a lot of other things in the background so couldn't get a clear view of it.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
W/ vision metron tfa.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Wow. This looks really nice. What is the box behind the saddle? I can’t quite make it out.

Also, what is that computer mount called?

Thanks!
Last edited by: mowilder: Jan 18, 22 10:45
Quote Reply
Re: Cervelo P-series - Setups [mowilder] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
mowilder wrote:
Wow. This looks really nice. What is the box behind the saddle? I can’t quite make it out.

It's a 3D printed box from Custom Bike Xcessories (https://custombikexcessories.com/products) He's a member here actually. It's held up pretty well and fit everything I need, which is a spare latex tube, small Leznye hand pump, multi-tool, disc wheel adapters, and some cash.

edit: The computer mount is this from XLAB.
Last edited by: Th4ddy: Jan 18, 22 11:01
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
khash21 wrote:
That's a sweet setup, I'd like to do something similar. Just can't get a hold of one of those 51 speedshop aerobars!

TriRig is also a good option, as is Vision. I'm pretty sure I got the last setup they had because I haven't seen them in stock since last summer when I bought mine!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I think you’re right. I emailed 51 Speed Shop and they said it could be til late Spring or early Summer, but no hard date set yet.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I've been building mine up over the winter. Have put Revolver long arm rests which narrowed the space where the BTA bottle cage should go, so I am experimenting with a 3D printed platform. Has held up so far...

Quote Reply
Re: Cervelo P-series - Setups [Stanners] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Amazing bike, but isn't that the p5? I think he's looking for what used to be the p2 version, and is. Ow called the p-series.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I tried the Vision Metron aerobars with the snakebite stem on my p-series. I have mechanical disc brake. After routing the front brake cable routed through the stem and down the fork steerer tube, there was too much binding of the brake cable for the front brake to work. I tried new cables and housing as well as routing it a few ways, but it never worked for me. It may work with hydraulic front brakes, I’m not sure.
khash21 wrote:
IKnowEverything wrote:

I'd be very interested to see what the P-series looks like with the vision metron TFA aerobars
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
this was mine and here's the full article with more pics:

the profile front hydration really comes into its own on disc brake bikes, because the brake housing from a side pull rim brake forced the flap on the side of that system outboard. the best implementation of that hydration system is the new QR V-PR, because the folks at QR took that hydration system and really sculpted it to match it to their frame. but the P-Series with that stock hydration system works great. that bike above had a whole PD front end, that replace the vision front end that came on that bike as original equipment.

Dan Empfield
aka Slowman
Quote Reply
Re: Cervelo P-series - Setups [khanlon] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
khanlon wrote:
I tried the Vision Metron aerobars with the snakebite stem on my p-series. I have mechanical disc brake. After routing the front brake cable routed through the stem and down the fork steerer tube, there was too much binding of the brake cable for the front brake to work. I tried new cables and housing as well as routing it a few ways, but it never worked for me. It may work with hydraulic front brakes, I’m not sure.
khash21 wrote:
IKnowEverything wrote:

Do you have any photos of what the P-series looks like with the snakebite stem and the Vision Metron Aerobars? I'm not too worried about routing the front brake cable through the stem. Maybe 1 or 2 watts difference from what I hear.
Quote Reply

Prev Next