Prev Next
Re: Cervelo P-series - Setups [Savage8778] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
No worries, happy to. Just drop me a message on IG

@danestanley
Quote Reply
Re: Cervelo P-series - Setups [Slowman] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Any idea if the aeria hydration system will work with the tririg sigma xf stem? Very similar shape but im not sure how the hydration system mounts to the stem.

I'm looking to clean up the front end of my older P2 a bit.

Thanks!
Quote Reply
Re: Cervelo P-series - Setups [Fubar44] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
If you can epoxy the little two screw stem mount to the Sigma stem, then it might work. You can see that pictured here. Unfortunately I don't know if the shape of the Tririg stem fits in the cutout area of the hydration bottle. I suspect it probably does but there would be some gaps there that might cause it to shake a lot when riding.

Benjamin Deal - Professional - Instagram - TriRig - Lodi Cyclery
Deals on Wheels - Results, schedule, videos, sponsors
Quote Reply
Re: Cervelo P-series - Setups [Julez_no_1] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
What rear hydration are you using? I’m looking for dual setup that does connect to saddle rails.
Quote Reply
Re: Cervelo P-series - Setups [Th4ddy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Th4ddy wrote:
I've got a Di2 P-Series and replaced the cockpit with the 51-Speedshop setup and some TriRig closed back scoops. I love it. It's very comfortable and easy to adjust, just pay close attention to the length of the bolts you use when installing the spacers. For hydration I just run an XLAB cage BTA with a standard bottle, along with two more attached to my saddle rails. I kept the Cervelo aero bottle and use that for a Gu/water mixture for longer rides or races. Other changes include Rotor 165mm cranks, Kogel ceramic BB and oversized pulley wheels, JCOB Delta 38 saddle, and AeroCoach Zephyr wheels. Here's a fairly recent picture before I got the TriRig scoops.

https://i.imgur.com/ufon6oD.jpg

what brakes are those? they don't exactly look like shimano.

thanks!
Quote Reply
Re: Cervelo P-series - Setups [SingaporeCanuck] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
rybrst wrote:
What rear hydration are you using? I’m looking for dual setup that does connect to saddle rails.
I got the Profile Design RMP, it'll support one or two bottles.

SingaporeCanuck wrote:
Th4ddy wrote:
I've got a Di2 P-Series and replaced the cockpit with the 51-Speedshop setup and some TriRig closed back scoops. I love it. It's very comfortable and easy to adjust, just pay close attention to the length of the bolts you use when installing the spacers. For hydration I just run an XLAB cage BTA with a standard bottle, along with two more attached to my saddle rails. I kept the Cervelo aero bottle and use that for a Gu/water mixture for longer rides or races. Other changes include Rotor 165mm cranks, Kogel ceramic BB and oversized pulley wheels, JCOB Delta 38 saddle, and AeroCoach Zephyr wheels. Here's a fairly recent picture before I got the TriRig scoops.

https://i.imgur.com/ufon6oD.jpg

what brakes are those? they don't exactly look like shimano.

thanks!

They are, they're the one-button hydraulic Dura-Ace levers (ST-R9180)
Quote Reply
Re: Cervelo P-series - Setups [Julez_no_1] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I finally received my storage box/aero bottle from Radsport. This is much nicer than the rear storage box from Custom Bike Xcessories. The material is MUCH thicker and the build quality is much nicer. There's a tad bit less room, but it shouldn't prevent me from being able to carry everything I need. I have no way of knowing which option is more aero (nor do I care), but the box from Radsport is built better and is in a safer location that doesn't take away from being able to use an aero bottle.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Can you still use the Cervelo aero bottle with that Radsport box? I'd be really interested to see more pics and how much you can fit in it.
Quote Reply
Re: Cervelo P-series - Setups [billythestick] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I never thought to try the Cervelo aero bottle because I got the Elite Chrono bottle, which is also 500ml and is designed to fit flush against the storage box.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Th4ddy wrote:
Julez_no_1 wrote:
Th4ddy wrote:
Exactly what I've been looking to try on my P-Series, thank you.

Same Box on Anne Haugs P5. I think he ships worldwide :)

I sure hope so, because I just placed an order to Texas.

I ordered it for my P Series about a month ago and it only took 2 weeks to get to me in Atlanta. It is a clean setup - you will love it. Heather Jackson has it on her Cervelo as well.
Quote Reply
Re: Cervelo P-series - Setups [4Ring] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hi
I'm after some advise. I have 2021 Pseries with Ultegra DI2. I love the bike but want to tidy up the front end without spending a fortune. Wasn't really looking to change the base bar or extensions but hoping someone can give recommendations for a new stem or other options to hide all the cables and di2 box. I've looked at the Profile Design Aeria stem.
Thanks
Quote Reply
Re: Cervelo P-series - Setups [Rhyder77] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Profile design has a product that lets you tuck the box into the end of your extension, might be a good option.
Quote Reply
Re: Cervelo P-series - Setups [imswimmer328] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Pretty sure I saw someone selling one in Tri and Sell on FB if you want to check.
Quote Reply
Re: Cervelo P-series - Setups [imswimmer328] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks do you know what the profile design product is called?

Yes if you could share FB post
Thanks
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I don't have a FB account so it stops me after I scroll a certain amount. Pretty sure I saw it while scrolling last night though. https://www.facebook.com/groups/trinsell/
Quote Reply
Re: Cervelo P-series - Setups [khash21] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply

Quote Reply
Re: Cervelo P-series - Setups [JRees89] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
JRees89 wrote:

What stem and basebar are you using?
Quote Reply
Re: Cervelo P-series - Setups [Jimbotri] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Zipp base bar and currently FSA stem

Thinking about profile design aeria stem
Quote Reply
Re: Cervelo P-series - Setups [Jimbotri] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Selcof base bar and Wattshop Anemoi extensions with BTA
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
The Profile Design part is the aeroport
You will need some shimano parts:
RS910 junction
JC41 junction
JC130 junction (Y-cable)

Jc130 goes between brake levers to reduce from 2 cables into the junction down to 1.

For the stem, if you need to get low the Aeria Ultimate is good. But if you don't need the drop in stack, wait for the Tri Stem - it's lighter and cheaper. Production will be done in March, so a month or two after that to be available to consumers I guess.
Quote Reply
Re: Cervelo P-series - Setups [cyclenutnz] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Lots of little modifications to make these bikes faster, last years TT set-up with Vision Snake Bite stem and TFE Pro extensions.

80-img_7847_b92079fd6a9aa07bdc859fe749b18d8f69bc3a82.jpg

Marc Sasso
Last edited by: m_sasso: Dec 23, 22 0:08
Quote Reply
Re: Cervelo P-series - Setups [DFW_Tri] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
DFW_Tri wrote:
I wouldn’t overthink this. There is nothing special about the P Series frame. In fact, it’s Cervelo’s vanilla-looking frame. You can set this bike up with Pretty much any cockpit, BTS and other options that you can find out there. Hundreds of pics on here, IG etc that you can look at for ideas.

This!! I would just change the aero bars and pads with more comfortable and better looking ones and be done with it. No need to spend a ton of money. Ride, race and change things if necessary as you go.
Quote Reply
Re: Cervelo P-series - Setups [s13tx] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
A good option may be the Quintana Roo aero stem. You can route the front brake down the steerer tube and the rear brake through the stem. With a basebar with a center hole at the stem clamp, you can also route the brake cables through the basebar into the stem and then down the frame and fork. You probably need to get the Quintana Roo bento box to match up to the stem. Would probably be a pretty slick set up. I started to investigate this, but decided to go another route. Attached is the Quintana Roo aero stem test fitted on my P-Series.

Quote Reply
Re: Cervelo P-series - Setups [khanlon] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Does QR sell their aero stem separately or does it have to get pulled off one of their bikes?

Re: Cervelo P-series - Setups [IKnowEverything] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I bought it from mybikeshop.com. I think QR may also sell the stem separately if you ask them.
Quote Reply

Prev Next