Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Bree Wee speech [Staz] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Staz wrote:
I'm on your side. She's a triathlete not a public speaker and I'm sure she meant no disrespect to her competitors.

That was a great quote by the way made me think.

Whilst true her sponsors pay her way and for her life.

No company wants to be represented by .... well you can fill in the rest.

Rhymenocerus wrote:
I think everyone should consult ST before they do anything.
Quote Reply
Re: Bree Wee speech [MarkyV] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I don't know anything about Wee except that she seems constantly surrounded by some kind of drama, whether injury, license, what others say about her, what she says, etc.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Well Statz, I'm one of the last one's to claim I know much about spelling, grammar and acronyms.

What I know is the majority of the time I've seen Bisexual referred to with two letters it's been like this "Bi" not "BI" again, I don't know if that is really an acronym or just a shortened word or slang. Personally when I see "Bi", I think of someone who is very open minded, when I see "BI", I think of the Big Island.

If I'm wrong about any of that okay.

#WeAreTheForge #BlackGunsMatter

"Look, will you guys at leats accept that you are a bunch of dumb asses and just trust me on this one? Please?" BarryP 7/30/2012
Quote Reply
Re: Bree Wee speech [CruseVegas] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The way I saw it it was clearly BI as in Hawaii and the guy that made the joke presumably understood that. But since it's the same two letters either way he decided to make a pun on it. Jokes can come across as stupid if you don't immediately get them and I think it should be left at that.
Quote Reply
Re: Bree Wee speech [jhouckwsu] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I'm voting this the dumbest thread of the day.
Quote Reply
Re: Bree Wee speech [TxDude] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
TxDude wrote:

Yep, there always needs to be one. :) Bree seems like a sweet woman with a big heart. If everyone judged me based on one comment I would win douchebag of the century.

-Of course it's 'effing hard, it's IRONMAN!
Team ZOOT
ZOOT, QR, Garmin, HED Wheels, Zealios, FormSwim, Precision Hydration, Rudy Project
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
TxDude wrote:

Then I won't add to it by using my Brie Oui joke.

Find out what it is in life that you don't do well, then don't
do that thing.
Quote Reply
Re: Bree Wee speech [pattersonpaul] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply

>Then I won't add to it by using my Brie Oui joke.

Don't be a tease. Bring it.
Quote Reply
Re: Bree Wee speech [JimmyRiccitello] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
crappy way of grabbing your attention, but now that we have it...... Dammit we miss your articles. Are you retired from writing?

http://www.fitspeek.com the Fraser Valley's fitness, wellness, and endurance sports podcast
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
TxDude wrote:

Best post in the dumbest thread..is there a prize for that?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Hey now. I had a serious question. Is it my fault it turned into a thread about retarded, bi - sexual, grammar nazi's? I don't think so.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
TxDude wrote:

Right there with you. I was at the awards ceremony and while BW may not be the most polished speaker, she did fine. She's an athlete saying a few words about a race, not a doctor telling you how she cured cancer. I'm sure her sponsors aren't all that worried that the tens of people who heard the speech (most of them from the merch tent or while standing at one of he expo booths) will stop using their products because of it.

Instead of spending your time bashing someone you don't know over something so trivial, your time would be better spent making a run to the drug store where you can get a bottle of saline to wash the sand out of your vagina.

Edit: Fixed if-of typo. Thanks!
Last edited by: cjbruin: Jul 31, 14 9:49
Quote Reply
Re: Bree Wee speech [jhouckwsu] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
jhouckwsu wrote:
I have seen Bree Wees' speech mentioned as "awkward" 2x in another thread. Can any one explain how or better yet know where it could be found?

i will admit a HUGE bias when it comes to Ms. Wee and that said, in everything i've read that she has written, i've never seen her put anyone down. i've seen multiple references from her stating that her competition brings our the best in her at times and that she does well BECAUSE the other girls are out there pushing her to achieve - that the race and the competition is what results in good outcomes for her and were it not for her girls she is competing with she would not do nearly as well.

so it would be a HUGE 180 degree turn around from her years and years of postings on FB and her blog if she truly meant to say "neener neener i'm better cause i wanted it more". I think she wanted to acknowlege how how she has been trying to get the kona points to race in her own back yard (it baffles me how it is possible to out right win an IM and still not qualify, but i digress) in her speech and how hard it was for her to win and that the other girls pushed her to the win and she could have worded things better.

deep down i believe she really appreciates the other girls racing and expresses (and has been for years) a wonderful outlook on life.

http://harvestmoon6.blogspot.com
https://www.caringbridge.org/visit/katasmit

Quote Reply
Re: Bree Wee speech [p2tri] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
p2tri wrote:
It was a terrible speech, she managed to put down her co-competitors by saying "the race came down to who wanted kona more and I think it is me", then she put down the race by saying "glad my family is here cause that means more then any race prize" Obvious, your family means more, but I think it could have been structured a bit differently. And who is she to say who wanted to win more Both her and the 2nd and 3rd place girls passed me on the run, she was looking strong, but I have to say the other 2 were gutting it out too.

Oh please. Football and basketball players say that all the time and no one bats an eye. Why is this somehow a big deal?

The point is, ladies and gentleman, that speed, for lack of a better word, is good. Speed is right, Speed works. Speed clarifies, cuts through, and captures the essence of the evolutionary spirit.
Quote Reply
Re: Bree Wee speech [Toby] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Toby wrote:
p2tri wrote:
It was a terrible speech, she managed to put down her co-competitors by saying "the race came down to who wanted kona more and I think it is me", then she put down the race by saying "glad my family is here cause that means more then any race prize" Obvious, your family means more, but I think it could have been structured a bit differently. And who is she to say who wanted to win more Both her and the 2nd and 3rd place girls passed me on the run, she was looking strong, but I have to say the other 2 were gutting it out too.

Oh please. Football and basketball players say that all the time and no one bats an eye. Why is this somehow a big deal?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7PH35C7Fhq0
http://www.google.com/trends/explore#q=%2Fm%2F0gmgl1b&cmpt=q
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Actually, I never wrote the word "Bi" at all, that was in the post I responded to. But I would have said "Bi."

And I wasn't the one that launched the "stupid" missile, that was him. I said it was a joke, he called me stupid and I thought that was kind of ironic considering his signature line, so I responded in kind (we can debate whether that's a proper use of the term "ironic"). He upped the ante so I pointed out his poor use of punctuation and then he played the "Nazi" card. So I win (Godwin's Law).

Oh the fun of a day on the Internet.
Quote Reply
Re: Bree Wee speech [Sluglas] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Sluglas wrote:
Actually, I never wrote the word "Bi" at all, that was in the post I responded to. But I would have said "Bi."

And I wasn't the one that launched the "stupid" missile, that was him. I said it was a joke, he called me stupid and I thought that was kind of ironic considering his signature line, so I responded in kind (we can debate whether that's a proper use of the term "ironic"). He upped the ante so I pointed out his poor use of punctuation and then he played the "Nazi" card. So I win (Godwin's Law).

Because you invoked The Godwin's Law that opens the door for me to take the opportunity to post
a pic of a cat who looks like Hitler. Further proof that this is the dumbest thread of the day.

Find out what it is in life that you don't do well, then don't
do that thing.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Sluglas wrote:

Didja miss your own poor punctuation in that same post?

Irony can be so....ironic.

Chicago Cubs - 2016 WORLD SERIES Champions!!!!

"If ever the time should come, when vain and aspiring men shall possess the highest seats in government, our country will stand in need of its experienced patriots to prevent its ruin." - Samuel Adams
Quote Reply
Re: Bree Wee speech [Power13] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hmm, no. Where (honestly curious)?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Sluglas wrote:
Well I could have commented on your punctuation use, but that seemed too easy. Commas are your friend, friend.

No comma after "well"?

Glass houses and all that......Wink

Chicago Cubs - 2016 WORLD SERIES Champions!!!!

"If ever the time should come, when vain and aspiring men shall possess the highest seats in government, our country will stand in need of its experienced patriots to prevent its ruin." - Samuel Adams
Quote Reply
Re: Bree Wee speech [Power13] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Good catch.
Quote Reply
Re: Bree Wee speech [JimmyRiccitello] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
JimmyRiccitello wrote:
Friendship is important to me.

I hope you appreciate that - but to each his/her own.

The snark of this thread is my bread and butter and I've been ready to light many of you up for your mistakes in grammar and common sense . . . But JR, I like to think that your post stands out, and thank you for turning the other cheek and showing integrity.

(Written whilst wearing a flameproof suit, so don't even f$&kin try it)

—Mr. Hand
Quote Reply
Re: Bree Wee speech [Murphy'sLaw] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Murphy'sLaw wrote:
Rappstar wrote:
Sluglas wrote:
Well I could have commented on your punctuation use, but that seemed too easy. Commas are your friend, friend.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ndaXQeRPO0g

'Nuff said!
Quote Reply
Re: Bree Wee speech [Maui5150] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Maui5150 wrote:
Murphy'sLaw wrote:
Rappstar wrote:
Sluglas wrote:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ndaXQeRPO0g

'Nuff said!

I just can't stop laughing at this. Every time I look at it it gets funnier!!

--------------------------------------------------------
John Behme
Charlotte, NC
Quote Reply
Re: Bree Wee speech [cjbruin] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
> run to the drug store where you can get a bottle of saline to wash the sand out if your vagina.

You were doing really well until the misogyny. Which isn't well placed in a post defending a woman.

And you have a typo.
Quote Reply

Prev Next