Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Bree Wee speech
Quote | Reply
I have seen Bree Wees' speech mentioned as "awkward" 2x in another thread. Can any one explain how or better yet know where it could be found?
Quote Reply
Re: Bree Wee speech [jhouckwsu] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I was curious about the same ... I was sitting near a group of fast women (fast, in the triathlon sense) during award who were all a-twitter once she finished her speech, but I was kinda puzzled about what the drama was.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
jhouckwsu wrote:
I have seen Bree Wees' speech mentioned as "awkward" 2x in another thread. Can any one explain how or better yet know where it could be found?

x2. I even tried to google it with no luck.

Pink? Maybe. Maybe not. You decide.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Someone has to have this speech on their phone and can post it. I would love to see it as well.
Quote Reply
Re: Bree Wee speech [BMANX] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Did the ST folks miss one here? :O)

Dave Campbell | Facebook | @DaveECampbell | h2ofun@h2ofun.net

Boom Nutrition code 19F4Y3 $5 off 24 pack box | Bionic Runner | PowerCranks | Velotron | Spruzzamist

Lions don't lose sleep worrying about the sheep
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Yep, I thought it awkward. "In the end it came down to who wanted Kona the most."

But I thought Marino Vanhoenacker's speech was good.

/Howie Nordström
Last edited by: lllusion: Jul 30, 14 10:38
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
It was a terrible speech, she managed to put down her co-competitors by saying "the race came down to who wanted kona more and I think it is me", then she put down the race by saying "glad my family is here cause that means more then any race prize" Obvious, your family means more, but I think it could have been structured a bit differently. And who is she to say who wanted to win more Both her and the 2nd and 3rd place girls passed me on the run, she was looking strong, but I have to say the other 2 were gutting it out too.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
the girl is nice but ain't too swift upstairs. you can leave it at that.

36 kona qualifiers 2006-'23 - 3 Kona Podiums - 4 OA IM AG wins - 5 IM AG wins - 18 70.3 AG wins
I ka nana no a 'ike -- by observing, one learns | Kulia i ka nu'u -- strive for excellence
Garmin Glycogen Use App | Garmin Fat Use App
Quote Reply
Re: Bree Wee speech [p2tri] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Not cool. It's not like the awards are at 12:30AM after the last finisher... you have all evening and morning to put something descent together to say. If in doubt, keep it simple... Thank Sponsors, supporters (family and coach), competitors, volunteers.

Good details might be telling your competition how hard they made it for you, maybe mention course conditions, weather etc. ... and then mention the 4 things above.

TrainingBible Coaching
http://www.trainingbible.com
Quote Reply
Re: Bree Wee speech [motoguy128] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Here is an article or an interview a local paper HI paper did.

Congrats to the Local BI Girl on her 2nd IM win and KQ!!

http://m.westhawaiitoday.com/...s-world-championship

#WeAreTheForge #BlackGunsMatter

"Look, will you guys at leats accept that you are a bunch of dumb asses and just trust me on this one? Please?" BarryP 7/30/2012
Quote Reply
Re: Bree Wee speech [MarkyV] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yet she's managed to figure out more about herself and the sport, than many of purported higher intelligence.

“The ability to observe without evaluating is the highest form of intelligence.”
Jiddu Krishnamurti

Jimmy
http://www.Riccitello.com
Quote Reply
Re: Bree Wee speech [JimmyRiccitello] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Great! Wonderful! Maybe in her next schedule you can include learning about being tactful and gracious. I know Bree, she's a great personality and warm, but intelligence is not one of her stronger suits.

36 kona qualifiers 2006-'23 - 3 Kona Podiums - 4 OA IM AG wins - 5 IM AG wins - 18 70.3 AG wins
I ka nana no a 'ike -- by observing, one learns | Kulia i ka nu'u -- strive for excellence
Garmin Glycogen Use App | Garmin Fat Use App
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
MarkyV wrote:
the girl is nice but ain't too swift upstairs. you can leave it at that.
I agree. She is sweet, passionate, and I think she means well. Public speaking is just not her forte.

I believe she meant no disrespect to her competition. She has wanted to go back to Kona for so long and finally realized her dream. I say cut her some slack.
Quote Reply
Re: Bree Wee speech [CruseVegas] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Quote:

What does her sexuality have to do with anything here?
Quote Reply
Re: Bree Wee speech [motoguy128] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zTCs0-a7I9g

ECMGN Therapy Silicon Valley:
Depression, Neurocognitive problems, Dementias (Testing and Evaluation), Trauma and PTSD, Traumatic Brain Injury (TBI)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
JimmyRiccitello wrote:
Yet she's managed to figure out more about herself and the sport, than many of purported higher intelligence.

“The ability to observe without evaluating is the highest form of intelligence.”
Jiddu Krishnamurti

Except how to keep your pro licence from expiring.

How does Danny Hart sit down with balls that big?
Quote Reply
Re: Bree Wee speech [Sluglas] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Sluglas wrote:
Quote:

What does her sexuality have to do with anything here?

BI, Big Island ,,,,, shakes head

"Look, will you guys at leats accept that you are a bunch of dumb asses and just trust me on this one? Please?" BarryP 7/30/2012
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
It was a joke.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Sluglas wrote:
It was a joke.

Ok, you came across, to me anyway as just sounding really stupid.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Almost as stupid as including a quote with a misspelling in your signature line?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Rumor has it you have signed up for IMLT and will be chasing a Kona Spot? Any truth to this rumor?

Dave Campbell | Facebook | @DaveECampbell | h2ofun@h2ofun.net

Boom Nutrition code 19F4Y3 $5 off 24 pack box | Bionic Runner | PowerCranks | Velotron | Spruzzamist

Lions don't lose sleep worrying about the sheep
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Sluglas wrote:
Almost as stupid as including a quote with a misspelling in your signature line?

You'll have to take that up with the author of my Sig Line.

But thanks for affirming my original thought.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Sluglas wrote:

Wow.

Pink? Maybe. Maybe not. You decide.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I'm no longer coaching Bree, but will always be a fan for reasons that you will most likely fail to appreciate.

With all due respect to your ability to evaluate the intelligence of others - I know her well enough to disagree with your assessment.

Let's just leave it at that.

Jimmy
http://www.Riccitello.com
Quote Reply
Re: Bree Wee speech [p2tri] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Nothing to see here... she meant she wanted Kona a lot. I'm sure her intention was not to put down the rest, but to express how much she wanted that win. That's it.
Yes, maybe she could have used better words but whatever, not a big deal.
Quote Reply

Prev Next