Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Bree Wee speech [CruseVegas] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Well I could have commented on your punctuation use, but that seemed too easy. Commas are your friend, friend.
Quote Reply
Re: Bree Wee speech [Sluglas] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Sluglas wrote:
Well I could have commented on your punctuation use, but that seemed too easy. Commas are your friend, friend.

"Non est ad astra mollis e terris via." - Seneca | rappstar.com | FB - Rappstar Racing | IG - @jordanrapp
Quote Reply
Re: Bree Wee speech [Sluglas] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Sluglas wrote:

You may want to proof read your sentence if you are going to pretend to be a grammar nazi.

Again thanks for affirming my initial thought, for a second time.

#WeAreTheForge #BlackGunsMatter

"Look, will you guys at leats accept that you are a bunch of dumb asses and just trust me on this one? Please?" BarryP 7/30/2012
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
CruseVegas wrote:
Sluglas wrote:

Would a "second affirmation" be kinda like a reaffirmation?
Quote Reply
Re: Bree Wee speech [davetallo] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
davetallo wrote:
CruseVegas wrote:
Sluglas wrote:

Would a "second affirmation" be kinda like a reaffirmation?

I thought under the circumstances, using smaller words would be best.

"Look, will you guys at leats accept that you are a bunch of dumb asses and just trust me on this one? Please?" BarryP 7/30/2012
Quote Reply
Re: Bree Wee speech [Maui_] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I agree with you. When I was listening to the speech, it shocked me. Cause it was a bit harsh. But I know what she ment by it and I know she didn't mean to put anyone down. I don't know her personally , but I can't imagine any one purposely being that way. I have blurted thing out lots of times and thought about it afterwards, and wished I had said it different. I cheered her on in the run....shes amazing! wish I was going to kona with her!
Quote Reply
Re: Bree Wee speech [MarkyV] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
MarkyV wrote:
the girl is nice but ain't too swift upstairs. you can leave it at that.

Come on, she did get lost at her hometown race and lose out on winning the race. Maybe she meant Honu but said Kona instead....
Quote Reply
Re: Bree Wee speech [BLeP] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
First of all, I refrain from judging your intelligence based on your ignorance of the details of that case.

Second of all, I don't think that the ability to meet due dates is a very good way to assess intelligence.

When it comes to due dates, I know a lot of prompt dumbasses, and a lot of intelligent people who are regularly late.

Jimmy
http://www.Riccitello.com
Last edited by: JimmyRiccitello: Jul 30, 14 14:30
Quote Reply
Re: Bree Wee speech [BLeP] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
BLeP wrote:
JimmyRiccitello wrote:
Yet she's managed to figure out more about herself and the sport, than many of purported higher intelligence.

“The ability to observe without evaluating is the highest form of intelligence.”
Jiddu Krishnamurti

Except how to keep your pro licence from expiring.

I'm going to keep my opinion on this matter silent, but I've always wanted to do this...
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_burn_centers_in_the_United_States
Quote Reply
Re: Bree Wee speech [habbywall] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
i'm dying laughing over here. you've been sitting on that one for awhile now, haven't you ;)

36 kona qualifiers 2006-'23 - 3 Kona Podiums - 4 OA IM AG wins - 5 IM AG wins - 18 70.3 AG wins
I ka nana no a 'ike -- by observing, one learns | Kulia i ka nu'u -- strive for excellence
Garmin Glycogen Use App | Garmin Fat Use App
Quote Reply
Re: Bree Wee speech [Ty] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Ty wrote:
MarkyV wrote:
the girl is nice but ain't too swift upstairs. you can leave it at that.

I agree. She is sweet, passionate, and I think she means well. Public speaking is just not her forte.

I believe she meant no disrespect to her competition. She has wanted to go back to Kona for so long and finally realized her dream. I say cut her some slack.

I agree. I should have added that I would suspect she didn't mean any harm, but wasn't thinking about her choice of words and comments. But again, that why it's best to keep it simple. But passionate people are hard to bottle up.

TrainingBible Coaching
http://www.trainingbible.com
Quote Reply
Re: Bree Wee speech [JimmyRiccitello] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
JimmyRiccitello wrote:
Yet she's managed to figure out more about herself and the sport, than many of purported higher intelligence.

“The ability to observe without evaluating is the highest form of intelligence.”
Jiddu Krishnamurti

Lance's girlfriend has spoken......it must be true
Quote Reply
Re: Bree Wee speech [JMike] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Friendship is important to me.

I hope you appreciate that - but to each his/her own.

Jimmy
Quote Reply
Re: Bree Wee speech [MarkyV] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
MarkyV wrote:
Great! Wonderful! Maybe in her next schedule you can include learning about being tactful and gracious. I know Bree, she's a great personality and warm, but intelligence is not one of her stronger suits.

and this, coming from someone who's still throwing around the word 'retarded.'

pot, meet kettle

--------------------------------------------
TEAM F3 Undurance
Quote Reply
Re: Bree Wee speech [Multisportsdad] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/retarded

36 kona qualifiers 2006-'23 - 3 Kona Podiums - 4 OA IM AG wins - 5 IM AG wins - 18 70.3 AG wins
I ka nana no a 'ike -- by observing, one learns | Kulia i ka nu'u -- strive for excellence
Garmin Glycogen Use App | Garmin Fat Use App
Quote Reply
Re: Bree Wee speech [JimmyRiccitello] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I'm on your side. She's a triathlete not a public speaker and I'm sure she meant no disrespect to her competitors.

That was a great quote by the way made me think.
Quote Reply
Re: Bree Wee speech [Staz] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I probably should've said it like that : )

Jimmy
Quote Reply
Re: Bree Wee speech [Multisportsdad] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Wow I must be a horrible, stupid, and mean person. That word is one of my favorite words.

I am sure I have offended more than a few people with my frequent usage. I felt a disturbance in the force the day it's usage was banned on slowtwitch.

The only thing that managed to tone down my usage of the word was the arrival of a kid my house.
Quote Reply
Re: Bree Wee speech [jhouckwsu] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply

Can't believe we're debating this whilst there's ebola in Africa & Bree kept the Austrian Lancette outa Kona....
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
CruseVegas wrote:
Sluglas wrote:

You may want to proof read your sentence if you are going to pretend to be a grammar nazi.

In the words of my good man Axel Rose , 'not to be an asshole BUT' I cant be the only guy to find the bi joke kind of funny. Looks like we have some folks here on the twitch that are so freekin literal that all jokes and sarcasm have to be in pink
I mean really.... How could you think the guy was asking a serious question on the BI acronym while I was laughing while I read it??

Hmm??
maybe it's me

Last edited by: shady: Jul 30, 14 16:24
Quote Reply
Re: Bree Wee speech [Rappstar] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Rappstar wrote:
Sluglas wrote:

float , hammer , and jog

Quote Reply
Re: Bree Wee speech [jhouckwsu] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
We get so used to athletes ( in all sports) who are good with public speaking - they are good at it so they get the lions share of it that when we have to listen to someone who is not that adept at it.

I work a lot as a Race Announcer and often have to interview athletes, and sometimes it's really hard to pull stuff out of them - I can tell that they are really struggling so I'll keep in short and sweet. Others, are very good on their feet in these situations, very comfortable, confident and know exactly what to say.

Steve Fleck @stevefleck | Blog
Quote Reply
Re: Bree Wee speech [shady] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
shady wrote:
CruseVegas wrote:
Sluglas wrote:

In the words of my good man Axel Rose , 'not to be an asshole BUT' I cant be the only guy to find the bi joke kind of funny. Looks like we have some folks here on the twitch that are so freekin literal that all jokes and sarcasm have to be in pink
I mean really.... How could you think the guy was asking a serious question on the BI acronym while I was laughing while I read it??

Hmm??
maybe it's me

Definitely not you, we're talking about a pro triathlete that makes it extremely well known she is from Hawaii, the joke going right over this person's head is unreal to me.
Quote Reply
Re: Bree Wee speech [shady] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
shady wrote:
CruseVegas wrote:
Sluglas wrote:

Hmm??
maybe it's me

Delivery when it comes to humor is everything.

With the tone towards Bree on this thread in general, the humor escaped me at the time, then he decided to up the anti to affirm my thought's of him after I accepted his response.

In hind sight, I should have spelled it out. Your point is well taken. Don't ever apologize for being an Ass Hole, that's a quality I can respect.

Also with the spelling and grammar nazi he thinks he is,,,, shouldn't he have spelled it Bi not BI when he replied? Just sayin ;)

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
CruseVegas wrote:
shady wrote:
CruseVegas wrote:
Sluglas wrote:

Hmm??
maybe it's me

Delivery when it comes to humor is everything.

With the tone towards Bree on this thread in general, the humor escaped me at the time, then he decided to up the anti to affirm my thought's of him after I accepted his response.

In hind sight, I should have spelled it out. Your point is well taken. Don't ever apologize for being an Ass Hole, that's a quality I can respect.

Also with the spelling and grammar nazi he thinks he is,,,, shouldn't he have spelled it Bi not BI when he replied? Just sayin ;)

I would think he capitalized it as it was an acronym.
Quote Reply

Prev Next