Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: BBInfinite Bottom Brackets - Performance Skeptism [krez] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I recently purchased a bbinfinite bb for campagnolo ultra torque and installed on my R3 2012 frame which has bbright BB.

I'm very ... very ... happy with the results... I was about to give up on my Cervelo frame after two attempts of using loctite with the campy cups for bbright cervelo... a squeak developed over time... I'm a heavy rider.
I wanted to buy another frame from other manufacturer without press fit cups but bbinifinite saved my bike ;)... thank you guys.

I would recommend the one single cylinder aluminum part which is solid and perfectly aligned for eliminating the squeaks, basic solution provided by bbinfinite, to anyone who's experiencing squeaks. The manufacturer solution with two separate cups pressed in the bb sucks on all these frames when it starts squeaking. Good luck !
Quote Reply
Re: BBInfinite Bottom Brackets - Performance Skeptism [Tom A.] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Can someone do their best to describe what a rider would feel/hear with a poorly installed or failing cheap PF30 installation on a BBRight Cervelo? Mine feels off for a number of reasons. All newish drivetrain that shifts beautifully. Many gears I can feel a very pronounced rumble. Many gears I can feel a reverberation, mostly small ring but some in big as well. Sometimes I get a click every pedal rotation but not always. Also some "scrunch" type of creak at hard efforts. If I remove the chain from the cranks and spin them it seems smooth but there is no load on there. I'm all for having my LBS replace it if there's a good chance it will improve ride quality in my 2014 P3.
Quote Reply
Re: BBInfinite Bottom Brackets - Performance Skeptism [michael_runs] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
How old are you peDals? It isn't likely but possible.

Also, have you had your gears checked in a stand lately. Have you adjusted for any slack introduced in the cable as it stretches over time? It may not be a bb issue and I would tend to point at the cable slack first as its relatively easy to check
Last edited by: zachboring: Feb 1, 15 19:41
Quote Reply
Re: BBInfinite Bottom Brackets - Performance Skeptism [dialing_wand] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Have you made a switch to BBInfinite/Shimano yet and if so how is it? I am very new to Cervelo; have been riding Trek Madone 5 & 7 for years without any problems on mechanics. Recently purchased my long time favorite an R3, I just love this bike. Getting ready for the season of 2015, have been on the trainer for about 3 weeks with it little over1000km I started hearing knocking sound as I pedal. It comes and goes regardless of which chainring I am on. Reading last few days BB problems Cervelo owners have been discussing and really don't want to be out without a bike for two months for assessments frame replacements nonsense. I am wondering whether I should just go ahead and do what you were planning to do as I love the way Shimano has always performed on my bikes and the BBInfinite the way it was engineered looks promising.
Quote Reply

Prev Next