Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Ask me anything about the new site for IM 70.3 Florida! [jwatts] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Just tried it and you are correct - I'll see that I can do to make it work again! Thanks for the heads up. Z
Quote Reply
Re: Ask me anything about the new site for IM 70.3 Florida! [jwatts] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Give it a try another try in a few hours. Should be fixed by then. Thanks. Z
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Just got fixed! Z
Quote Reply
Re: Ask me anything about the new site for IM 70.3 Florida! [tomziebart] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The course it's great! I live in Winter Haven and am excited about racing on the roads I ride on regularly ! I have already invited friends to stay at my house for the race.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
It is a very nice course and venue. I think athletes will be very surprised by how nice Lake Eva Park is and how great the bike course will be for the race! Please tell your friends to sign up before Jan. 10th for $225.00. See you in Haines City! Z
Quote Reply
Re: Ask me anything about the new site for IM 70.3 Florida! [tomziebart] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hi Tom,

any way someone can mapmyride it ? To of us followed the directions and got the same short route.

thanks

PS: I registered. Thanks. You did an amazing job last year, weather forecasting and all. Nonbody believed the race would start, but you kept telling us.
Quote Reply
Re: Ask me anything about the new site for IM 70.3 Florida! [marcag] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I have "mapped my ride" the course. - the problem is Masterpiece Road - it changes names and then starts up again in a different location.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Hello All,

I went with a few buddies that registered and rode the full 56 mile bike route and it was pretty nice exect masterpiece rd..That road has a ton of holes and its bumpy...about a 4 mile strip. You all have to really pay attention to the road in front of u, if not, u will pop a tire or even bend a rim. its that bad in that 4 mile stretch. The Park is really nice. Looks like there wont be enough parking so that should be a challenge. Other then that....nice area!! looking forward to it.
Quote Reply
Re: Ask me anything about the new site for IM 70.3 Florida! [marcusv22] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Best of luck with the new site.

I know you REALLY tried very hard to figure something out with Disney.

I too REALLY wish you were able to work things out there as I love that location.

I am glad I found out before I registered as I wont be doing the race because of the new location.

I am sure you will still sell out and not miss my money.

Good luck to all
Quote Reply
Re: Ask me anything about the new site for IM 70.3 Florida! [marcusv22] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
We hope to have that section of the course gone over by the county before the race. They all ready paved Kokomo for us! Polk County is really excited about having the race! What did you think about Scenic Hwy.17?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I have to say, I'm stoked about the move away from Disney! Truly and deeply disliked their constant effort to squeeze every last dollar out of you, their excessive control over any sort of behavior that seemed slightly off the "Disney image", i.e. normal triathlete behavior. After having done it twice, I was never going to do it again, which is a shame, as it was so close. Now, with the venue switch, I'm excited about 70.3 in Central Florida again!

Re: Panama 70.3, I did IM Brazil this year, and met a very nice Panamanian, Jamie de St Malo. My impression was that he was also part of the group that is putting the race on; true, or did I misunderstand?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Hi Tom -

I'll be there for my 9th Florida 1/2 Ironman (aka: Florida 70.3). Why the three loop run for the new course? Crowd involvement and logistics for aid stations?

See you there.

Bob Mitera

Kokua Multisports, LLC
Twitter: @KokuaMultisport
Last edited by: KokuaMultiSpt: Dec 19, 11 9:54
Quote Reply
Re: Ask me anything about the new site for IM 70.3 Florida! [KokuaMultiSpt] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Will there be an Ironkids event also?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Is there a way to see who qualified for the WC 70.3 last year?
Quote Reply
Re: Ask me anything about the new site for IM 70.3 Florida! [tom1376] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
How full is the race at this point?

blog
Quote Reply
Re: Ask me anything about the new site for IM 70.3 Florida! [stevej] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Just rode the 56 mile course. Masterpiece Road is in really bad condition with lots of potholes. I live in the area and it is the worst that I have ever seen it! Any word on whether it will be fixed? It looks like another section of Masterpiece has been newly repaved - unfortunately it is not the section that we will be riding.

Otherwise the course is great!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Should I inform my friend to bring a knife strapped to his ankle to fight off the alligators?

Disco
South Bend, IN

Habitual Line Stepper..
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
jwatts wrote:
Masterpiece Road is in really bad condition with lots of potholes. I live in the area and it is the worst that I have ever seen it! Any word on whether it will be fixed?

This^
Quote Reply
Re: Ask me anything about the new site for IM 70.3 Florida! [triscooteremu] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
triscooteremu wrote:
Should I inform my friend to bring a knife strapped to his ankle to fight off the alligators?
LOL!

-D
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I rode this recently and agree....the multiple, small deep potholes on Masterpiece road are nightmarish (this is for a few miles). I also hope this is going to be re-paved before the race? There was one other road coming back (?name) that had a rough surface for a few miles (bottle ejector status). Otherwise, I liked the bike and run course. The run course is surprisingly hilly for the first half of the loop (which you do three times)...so I would suggest people train for hill running. The bike course has some hills but nothing tough.
Quote Reply
Re: Ask me anything about the new site for IM 70.3 Florida! [Tri-Gail] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Anybody interested in riding the course this coming sunday april 1st? thought about riding the course and then doing 1 loop of the run, casual like.

Use my name, randydial, in the promo/VIP code for 40% off @ http://www.e-rudy.com
Quote Reply
Post deleted by Dano52 [ In reply to ]
Re: Ask me anything about the new site for IM 70.3 Florida! [Dano52] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Dano52 wrote:
Confusion over the distance of the course is caused by the previous map of the bike ride that was posted:

http://ironmanhainescity.com/....3_Bike_2012_TBT.pdf

This map has since been replaced.

The early map showed a right turn at Timberlane Road and Masterpiece Road heading west up to Hwy 17(although the cue sheet correctly said left turn). This resulted in the shorter course that several people have commented on. The later map shows that you turn left onto the pot hole filled section of Masterpiece Road heading south. Masterpiece Road changes names in Lake Wales and becomes Burns Avenue (which goes past Bok Tower) heading west and ends back at Hwy 17 but approximately 2.5 miles further south than the original map did. That is the course distance discrepancy.

Like several other people, I hope the county paves that south section of Masterpiece - its a mess. Remainder of the course is pretty nice.

Tom, you asked how people liked Scenic Hwy 17 - its fun. The course is basically set up so the first 1/3 if flat, the 2nd 1/3 (which starts at Burns thru Hwy 17) has the rolling climbs and the last 1/3 is fairly flat again. On the south end of Hwy 17, there are a number of spots where the bike lane has a lot of debris. Will the entire northbound lane be closed for cyclist?
Last edited by: Dano52: Mar 28, 12 15:00
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Hi Tom, when we can expect to close registration (sold out) ?
Quote Reply
Re: Ask me anything about the new site for IM 70.3 Florida! [Dano52] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Roads on the IM 70.3 Florida course will be monitored by Police. Since many of these roads are rural, we can not close them as residents must be able to leave or get home. We are posting and placing course information about the race for residents and letting them know that cyclists will be using the roads on race morning. The section on Masterpiece will be worked on before the race. It will be new pavement for 2013, but they will have to pot holes filled in for this year! Z
Quote Reply

Prev Next