Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Ask me anything about the new site for IM 70.3 Florida! [theforge] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Would love to have you volunteer for the race! - We will have a volunteer sign-up link on the web-site. Thanks for your support. Z
Quote Reply
Re: Ask me anything about the new site for IM 70.3 Florida! [tomziebart] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I think the local Tri-Club (which I'm a member of) is going to try and get a volunteer drive going among its members.

"In the world I see you are stalking elk through the damp canyon forests around the ruins of Rockefeller Center. You'll wear leather clothes that will last you the rest of your life. You'll climb the wrist-thick kudzu vines that wrap the Sears Towers. And when you look down, you'll see tiny figures pounding corn, laying stripes of venison on the empty car pool lane of some abandoned superhighway." T Durden
Quote Reply
Re: Ask me anything about the new site for IM 70.3 Florida! [theforge] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Great - Josh Hicks is our volunteer coordinator for the event. Give him a call at 863-551-4737 or e-mail him at josh@centralfloridasports.com
Quote Reply
Re: Ask me anything about the new site for IM 70.3 Florida! [tomziebart] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I'll pass that along if it already hasn't been seen.

"In the world I see you are stalking elk through the damp canyon forests around the ruins of Rockefeller Center. You'll wear leather clothes that will last you the rest of your life. You'll climb the wrist-thick kudzu vines that wrap the Sears Towers. And when you look down, you'll see tiny figures pounding corn, laying stripes of venison on the empty car pool lane of some abandoned superhighway." T Durden
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Am I missing something, I just tried to register and it is the same old web site with "Check Back Here Later" message?
Quote Reply
Re: Ask me anything about the new site for IM 70.3 Florida! [Mansfieldmike] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I noticed that too, but he did say Wednesday the 8th of December. Today is Wednesday and tomorrow is the 8th. So maybe it will be up tomorrow.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Did not catch that. You are probably right. I'll check tomorrow.
Quote Reply
Re: Ask me anything about the new site for IM 70.3 Florida! [Mansfieldmike] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I know, I'm so full of anticipation I can taste it. And I'm not even going to race. I want to, and I know I have the training ethic to get to that level, but I would likely injury myself in the process.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
You can do it. Obviously you know when and when not to push it. Just be smart and race within yourself. I bet you would be glad you did it.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Is the entire race going to be in Polk County?
Quote Reply
Re: Ask me anything about the new site for IM 70.3 Florida! [imsparticus] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yes! Entire course is in Polk County.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Tom, Any news on registration. Your earlier post mentioned registration would open on Wednesday Dec 8th. Yesterday was Wed but today is the 8th - nothing yesterday and the old web site is still up. Could you confirm when registration will open up? I know you must be scrambling with a ton of things to do with the venue change so good luck with it all.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Just opened! See you in Haines City! Z
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Thanks Tom - I just registered! Looking forward to it.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
theforge wrote:
Well I'm definitely committing to do it next year and maybe the three after that. What's not to love about a HIM being less than 4 miles from your house.

Do you live by the "fastest man on the planet's house"? I would do Florida 70.3 if I could spend the next day at his compound. You may have a clue who I'm talking about but the rest of ST would have know idea.
Quote Reply
Re: Ask me anything about the new site for IM 70.3 Florida! [summitt] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
No clue. The only celebrity I know of from here is Jimmy Stewart, some motocross guy who had his own show on fuel tv. Got arrested a few months ago impersonating police. Got got while pulling over undercovers. There is some Olympic athlete in Winter Haven.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Tom,

Will there be an IronKids event coupled with the IM 70.3 weekend at the new course?
Quote Reply
Re: Ask me anything about the new site for IM 70.3 Florida! [BrianD] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yes. We will have an IronKids race on Saturday at the same site for IM 70.3 Florida. Working on the course right now! Z
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Hi Tom,

thanks for getting the site up.

I mapped my ride and it's coming up about 8km short. Is the route not final or did I screw up ?

http://www.mapmyride.com/routes/view/60286768
Quote Reply
Re: Ask me anything about the new site for IM 70.3 Florida! [marcag] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Bike course is 56 miles and might be .1 over depending on if you count inside the transition. I tried to open your map my ride to see where your route was off 8k. Z
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Great response from athletes on the first day of registration. The $225.00 entry fee is good until Jan. 10th. Z
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
http://www.usatf.org/.../view.asp?rID=461975

I mapped it also and it came up 51

John

Quote Reply
Re: Ask me anything about the new site for IM 70.3 Florida! [jlafren42] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I looked at your map - you did not go far enough south on Masterpiece - the road you turned on does turn back into Masterpiece, but has another name. Bike course goes down to the next main road right above the lake and then over to scenic Hwy. 17.

I've driving the route about 15 times and cycled it once. It is 56 miles! Z
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
30 days left to sign up for the $225 entry fee. Price goes up to $250 on Jan 10th
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
The link to the site doesn't appear to be working right now.
Quote Reply

Prev Next