Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Appears my buddy had the fastest swim of the day in KONA
Quote | Reply
Tom Thorum (AG'er) swam a 51:52. From what I can tell, that's the fastest swim of the day, pros included. Fucking cool.
Last edited by: jhendric: Oct 21, 06 16:24
Quote Reply
Re: Appears my buddy had fasted swim of the day in KONA [jhendric] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
sweet...thats awesome bro. congrats to your mate!

blood, sweat...and big gears

I hated every minute of training, but I said, ''Don't quit. Suffer now and live the rest of your life as a champion.''
- Muhammad Ali
Quote Reply
Re: Appears my buddy had fasted swim of the day in KONA [jhendric] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I hope he ate after the swim, J ;-)

"How bad can it be?" - SimpleS
Quote Reply
Re: Appears my buddy had fastest swim of the day in KONA [JulianInEngland] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Awesome time! Swim for show, bike for doe, run to toe (the finish line).
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
If your buddy Tom raced against Michael Phelps in an open water 2.4 mile swim, do you think Phelps could beat him? I don't think so. ;-)

Just teasing--I had to build off the ludicrous Lance thread. That's a fantastic swim time! Congrats to Tom.
Quote Reply
Re: Appears my buddy had fasted swim of the day in KONA [imatopos] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Heh, I'm with you. That guy's an idiot.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Yep, Tom did have the fastest swim overall and he was wearing the new blue seventy pointzero3 fastskin. How do I know this, because after meeting Tom in CDA whilst working for blue seventy I was amazed at what a nice genuine guy he was and how fast he was swimming in my Helix in the endless pool! Well the rest is history as we began to work with Tom and helped him out with some sponsorship. Amazing, I knew he could win the swim and wow a better debut for our new product we could not of asked for, awesome, thanks for working so hard out there Tom, you deserved the swim win.
Quote Reply
Re: Appears my buddy had fasted swim of the day in KONA [imatopos] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
bu..bu...bbbuu..buuttt... Phelps doesn't train for a 2.4 mile open water swim ;-)

Swimming Workout of the Day:

Favourite Swim Sets:

2020 National Masters Champion - M50-54 - 50m Butterfly
Quote Reply
Re: Appears my buddy had the fastest swim of the day in KONA [jhendric] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Not to take anything away from your friends great accomplishment, but John Weston went 51:54 at age 50 - also cool.
Quote Reply
Re: Appears my buddy had the fastest swim of the day in KONA [sub.10.im] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Ya, it was so close betwen the two, I wonder who was actually pulling the race. Being that John is an old man like me, I bet he lost it on the run up the stairs to the timing mat. I really don't understand the pro swim, it was one for the history books. It is like Faris just put on the brakes with about 800 to go. They had a good gap, were pulling away, and then a woman makes a break, closes the gap, and pulls the rest of the large lead group with her. ANd there were many people in that group that have never been before, so I have to think that the pace was not that fast. Probably why Linda felt held back, and just had to go for it. Weird???
Last edited by: monty: Oct 22, 06 8:56
Quote Reply