Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Another transition bag question!
Quote | Reply
My old Nike bag is in rough shape with two broken zippers. I'm looking for a good quality bag that is big enough and has separate compartments for everything and still small enough to keep in my transition area without pissing the ladies and gents off next to me. Probably been covered many times, I'm still new here so cut me some slack:)
Quote Reply
Re: Another transition bag question! [SkipG] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I like the "ironman" brand bags. I got one at a 70.3 and liked the pocket for shoes. I actually carry it with me to work so I can work out at lunch. The bag I got from the Kona Ironman in 2014 was big but didn't have the separate pockets for shoes or wet clothes. I think they are on the website for like $50.00
Quote Reply
Re: Another transition bag question! [justablur] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
justablur[b wrote:
][/b]I like the "ironman" brand bags. I got one at a 70.3 and liked the pocket for shoes. I actually carry it with me to work so I can work out at lunch. T

Just admit...you do it to show off.
Sorry, couldn't resist this one :-)
Quote Reply
Re: Another transition bag question! [softrun] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
You missed the back-door brag about Kona :-)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I have this bag from Amazon

The pocket at the bottom is just big enough to hold a wetsuit

The bag can hold bike shoes, running shoes, tri kit, towel, wetsuit, and helmet into the bag (with the zipper closed)

There are a lot of really nice bags out there... but this one holds everything i need for race day. (And during the week can easily old running and/or swimming gear and a lunch)

I do the same thing as them, just slower
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I use a North Face Base Camp duffel. Waterproof, easy to open wide to find stuff, has a zippered pocket for small stuff. Works great.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I have a Desoto...but it's kind of big, I'm guessing it could be left in transition with no problems though.

On a similiar note, a buddy of mine uses a "bucket buddy" setup. Basically a 5 gallon bucket with the tool pockets added to it. Holds everything, can be used to sit on if need be, hang shit on the sides of it so it doesn't get stepped on, and if raining you can put a lid on it to keep stuff dry. I actually like this idea.
Quote Reply
Re: Another transition bag question! [skot123] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
skot123 wrote:
I have this bag from Amazon

The pocket at the bottom is just big enough to hold a wetsuit

The bag can hold bike shoes, running shoes, tri kit, towel, wetsuit, and helmet into the bag (with the zipper closed)

There are a lot of really nice bags out there... but this one holds everything i need for race day. (And during the week can easily old running and/or swimming gear and a lunch)

+1 on this one
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
If you can wait on them to go on sale, the Rudy Transition 46 bad is perfect. It retails for $250, which is absurd for a bag, but they go on sale for under $100 occasionally & for that, it's a steal.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
TYR Transition Bag Backpack. Really roomy. Not expensive. Do a google search
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Lots of interesting options out there, what is your budget?

Advanced Aero TopTube Storage for Road, Gravel, & Tri...ZeroSlip & Direct-mount, made in the USA.
DarkSpeedWorks.com.....Reviews.....Insta.....Facebook

--
Quote Reply
Re: Another transition bag question! [Meathead] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I second the Rudy bag. I picked one up at the end of last season for around $100 and have no problems with it, aside from it having too many pockets and not being able to find my crap.
Quote Reply
Re: Another transition bag question! [DarkSpeedWorks] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
DarkSpeedWorks wrote:
Lots of interesting options out there, what is your budget?
$200 or less I think, didn't put much thought into a budget. I've looked at the Rocket Science bag, looks nice and smallish with lots of separate compartments for everything. I did see the white one is like $100 less than the black one on amazon. Looks like the same bag. White would probably look like crap after a couple of races.

Just looking for good quality that's not to big to keep in transition area.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Just gonna throw this out there.....buddy of mine designed a transition bag and is selling them online.

No affiliation with them other than trying to spread the word for a buddy. I do have one of the bags and I love it....more than enough room, separate section inside for SBR and three mini-bags for storing lots of other stuff.

http://www.stoprosports.com/

Chicago Cubs - 2016 WORLD SERIES Champions!!!!

"If ever the time should come, when vain and aspiring men shall possess the highest seats in government, our country will stand in need of its experienced patriots to prevent its ruin." - Samuel Adams
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I like this monster, if you look around, you can find it under $200

Camelbak BFM, more compartments that you can count, integrated hydration bladder, and more:

Advanced Aero TopTube Storage for Road, Gravel, & Tri...ZeroSlip & Direct-mount, made in the USA.
DarkSpeedWorks.com.....Reviews.....Insta.....Facebook

--
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I LOVE my Ogio 8.0 Endurance. Has compartments for everything. Can be worn on shoulder or backpack. It's also a great bag to fly/travel with as it fits a ton of clothing and easily fits in overhead bin.
Quote Reply
Re: Another transition bag question! [Power13] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Power13 wrote:
Just gonna throw this out there.....buddy of mine designed a transition bag and is selling them online.

No affiliation with them other than trying to spread the word for a buddy. I do have one of the bags and I love it....more than enough room, separate section inside for SBR and three mini-bags for storing lots of other stuff.

how is the quality on the material of this bag?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
IMO, it is great. had mine for years now (4?) and it has held up perfectly.

Generous wet bag area for your swim stuff (including room for a full wetsuit), helmet carrier, etc. Yeah, I'm biased 'cuz it ia a buddy, but compared to my previous transition bags (ncluding a couple of name brand bags), it isn't even close, IMO.

Chicago Cubs - 2016 WORLD SERIES Champions!!!!

"If ever the time should come, when vain and aspiring men shall possess the highest seats in government, our country will stand in need of its experienced patriots to prevent its ruin." - Samuel Adams
Quote Reply
Re: Another transition bag question! [Power13] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Nice design! Suggest to your buddy adding a label inside the helmet mesh pocket something like: "Don't get a race penalty before you even start. WEAR your helmet if you are riding anywhere near the race venue."
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I've used a Jandd quick change bag for years - great quality and not super big but holds all my stuff. I'm smaller so bike shoes in one side pocket, run shoes in the other, wetsuit in bottom compartment, helmet on the front, rest of stuff in the main part. Good price too - only $89 on their website. Right now they have a few older models on sale for 19.99 to 29.99. http://www.jandd.com - its under their bicycle bags.
Quote Reply
Re: Another transition bag question! [2pyrfam] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
i have the Zoot Ultra Transition Backpack... they make a rolling carry-on luggage style one if you travel a lot.

i like it a lot. lots of pockets and zippers, compartment for your helmet so it doesn't get banged around. seperate waterproof bag for your wetsuit that can detach if you are going to just a duathlon. and the inside of one flap has a check off list!!

Brooklyn Tri Dad
https://www.facebook.com/brooklyntridad/?ref=hl
http://brooklyntridad.blogspot.com/
https://twitter.com/BrooklynTriDad
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
SkipG wrote:
My old Nike bag is in rough shape with two broken zippers. I'm looking for a good quality bag that is big enough and has separate compartments for everything and still small enough to keep in my transition area without pissing the ladies and gents off next to me. Probably been covered many times, I'm still new here so cut me some slack:)

Buy the De Soto Transition bag.

You are welcome.
John
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I have this one from Speedo.

http://www.speedousa.com/tri-clops-backpack--50l/style-7520121?camp=CSE:Google&utm_source=google&utm_medium=cpc&scid=scplp3039509&catargetid=320010670001141526&cadevice=c&gclid=CIDfwtaa5cwCFQqKaQodMPYJAg

Got it as a gift last summer and so far, its been great. Really interesting closure system that allows it to be a top loading backpack or unzip completely. Lots of pockets. Pockets for two sets of shoes. Outer helmet area. Bottom is supposedly designed for a wetsuit, along with drain holes. I haven't tried this, but on looking at it, the partition between it and the rest of the interior seems to only be a thin bit of fabric. Not sure if it will get the bottom stuff wet... We'll see this weekend!

Overall, I can do a weekend away with all my gear in this bag. Definitely a bit large for tight transition areas, but an overall great bag.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I use a TYR Alliance Team II swim bag. Big, has a compartment for a wet swimsuit for training, and is under $50.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
SkipG wrote:
Power13 wrote:

how is the quality on the material of this bag?

Just another suggestion to pass along to your buddy.....upgrade the website. As it is, potential customers need to go to Facebook to find out details about the bag....size/construction/materials/etc. They don't learn much on the website, especially for a $150 product, as the other responder posted regarding quality of the material. Also suggest since Jack Rorhbach is the founder/seller, using a different endorser on the website besides Kelly Rohrbach (who also appears apparently as the website designer). Again, just a suggestion...looks like a nice bag (but could be a bit pricey).
Last edited by: gphin305: May 19, 16 6:45
Quote Reply

Prev Next