Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
AGer popped for PED in SA
Quote | Reply
http://www.triathlonsa.co.za/...iewNews.aspx?id=1046

Fairly consistent results over the last few years makes me wonder.....

http://www.the-sports.org/...thlon-spf124156.html

Rodney
TrainingPeaks | Altra Running | RAD Roller
http://www.goinglong.ca
Quote Reply
Re: AGer popped for PED in SA [rbuike] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Nah, no AGer would ever use a PED. There is no money involved.

Dave Campbell | Facebook | @DaveECampbell | h2ofun@h2ofun.net

Boom Nutrition code 19F4Y3 $5 off 24 pack box | Bionic Runner | PowerCranks | Velotron | Spruzzamist

Lions don't lose sleep worrying about the sheep
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
rbuike wrote:
http://www.triathlonsa.co.za/...iewNews.aspx?id=1046

Fairly consistent results over the last few years makes me wonder.....

http://www.the-sports.org/...thlon-spf124156.html

Can't recall but Isn't clenbuterol eligible for exemption? And out of curiousity, what's so special about phenermine that it's banned other than the appetite suppression?
Quote Reply
Re: AGer popped for PED in SA [racin_rusty] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Phentermine is a stimulant and specifically listed in the WADA published list.

Rodney
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Yeah, once I read a bit more carefully and seen that it was grouped with amphetamines I realized what the problem would be.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
some mid-pact AG chic gets pop'd whats the point?
Quote Reply
Re: AGer popped for PED in SA [Beachboy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Beachboy wrote:

Mid pack? She was pretty consistent top 30 overall and took a Kona slot.

Rodney
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
How she got to Kona I have no idea....with those results.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
The point is to clean up the sport. There will be some more AG positives coming out in the next 3-4 months from around the world. Shocking I know, but at least one was a Kona qualifier.

It wouldn't surprise me at all to find out that at least 1 person who took a Kona slot at IMAZ has or was using PED's in the past year.

Sure there are dirty pro's who are not getting caught. There are dirty age groupers who aren't getting caught. But the more people that get caught and the more people who find out about it, the more likely is that someone will decide to race clean vs dirty bc of the risks.

Brian Stover USAT LII
Accelerate3 Coaching
Insta

Quote Reply
Re: AGer popped for PED in SA [desert dude] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
desert dude wrote:
The point is to clean up the sport. There will be some more AG positives coming out in the next 3-4 months from around the world. Shocking I know, but at least one was a Kona qualifier.

It wouldn't surprise me at all to find out that at least 1 person who took a Kona slot at IMAZ has or was using PED's in the past year.

Sure there are dirty pro's who are not getting caught. There are dirty age groupers who aren't getting caught. But the more people that get caught and the more people who find out about it, the more likely is that someone will decide to race clean vs dirty bc of the risks.

I doubt it stops anything. If you're doping as an age grouper, you're already a blown sociopath.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Beachboy wrote:

Are you familiar with the concept of age groups? She was second in hers, F45-49, at Ironman South Africa in 2010 thus qualifying for Kona either directly or by rolldown. Also she won the same age group at the same race last year.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
desert dude wrote:

Yes but, two years? Who's that going to stop? In the two years, you can maximize your drug use, go do some running races that you always wanted to do, Taper off the drugs just in time and come back stronger than ever. Should be a lifetime ban across all sports.

---------------------------
''Sweeney - you can both crush your AG *and* cruise in dead last!! đŸ˜‚ '' Murphy's Law
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Beachboy wrote:

There is no point other than to pretend something is being done about doping. When held to the same standards as pros, a large number of age groupers would test positive from over the counter products they are taking. The chica may have been taking some sort of weight loss product with no knowledge of what was in it.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Beachboy wrote:

She's qualified for Kona every year since 2010, and she won her AG at IMSA in 2011, 2012, and 2013. She's hardly a MOP AG athlete.
Quote Reply
Re: AGer popped for PED in SA [craigj532] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
craigj532 wrote:
Beachboy wrote:

She's qualified for Kona every year since 2010, and she won her AG at IMSA in 2011, 2012, and 2013. She's hardly a MOP AG athlete.

Sounds either like a consistently doped out KQ age grouper, or she inadvertently took something on the banned list. It will be interesting to see what she claims.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
desert dude wrote:

Brian, are you saying this statistically in the sense that someone out of 50 slot takers is juiced, or out of knowledge of the rumours surrounding a particular athlete?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
desert dude wrote:

Female?

leslie myers
http://www.foodsensenow.com
Quote Reply
Re: AGer popped for PED in SA [Sweeney] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Sweeney wrote:
desert dude wrote:

Yes but, two years? Who's that going to stop? In the two years, you can maximize your drug use, go do some running races that you always wanted to do, Taper off the drugs just in time and come back stronger than ever. Should be a lifetime ban across all sports.

I agree. Lifetime ban across swimming, cycling, running, etc would probably make at least a few people think twice.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply

The second link is blocked here at work. But I found this statement interesting, any background in the other article as to whether there were other substances involved?

"The Tribunal found that the athlete has been exposed to various substances in the past including the two charged substances."

Quote Reply
Re: AGer popped for PED in SA [Arch Stanton] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply

>There is no point other than to pretend something is being done about doping.

I disagree - I think even bare minimum testing is just infinitely better than literally not doing anything at all. Getting the laugh-in-your-face blatant dopers like Moats alone justifies it.
Quote Reply
Re: AGer popped for PED in SA [trail] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
trail wrote:

>There is no point other than to pretend something is being done about doping.

I disagree - I think even bare minimum testing is just infinitely better than literally not doing anything at all. Getting the laugh-in-your-face blatant dopers like Moats alone justifies it.

It sounds like they only got Moats because someone turned him in, not that the process worked. Meaning, has any other AGer had or heard of a OOC drug test.

Dave Campbell | Facebook | @DaveECampbell | h2ofun@h2ofun.net

Boom Nutrition code 19F4Y3 $5 off 24 pack box | Bionic Runner | PowerCranks | Velotron | Spruzzamist

Lions don't lose sleep worrying about the sheep
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Clenbuterol same drug Contador caught using in 2010 Tour de France. Useful drug to lean down.

It is good to see age groupers getting pulled up and it does send a message.

G.

www.TriathlonShots.com

http://www.TriathlonShots.com
Full event coverage of triathlon/ironman in photos.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
South Africa. Another case of contaminated gel capsules from the pharmacist?

http://cyclingtips.com.au/2014/10/saids-uci-confirm-daryl-impey-probenecid-case-wont-be-appealed-to-cas/

"Human existence is based upon two pillars: Compassion and knowledge. Compassion without knowledge is ineffective; Knowledge without compassion is inhuman." Victor Weisskopf.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
desert dude wrote:

That is exceedingly generous, if likely. Multiple of that number...

-Of course it's 'effing hard, it's IRONMAN!
Team ZOOT
ZOOT, QR, Garmin, HED Wheels, Zealios, FormSwim, Precision Hydration, Rudy Project
Quote Reply
Re: AGer popped for PED in SA [triathlonshots] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
triathlonshots wrote:
Clenbuterol same drug Contador caught using in 2010 Tour de France. Useful drug to lean down.

Appears to work too.

Hugh

Genetics load the gun, lifestyle pulls the trigger.
Quote Reply

Prev Next