Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: 6th Annual December Running + Drinking Challenge [otto] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I think G2 would be more appropriate... electrolytes from the G2, rocket fuel from the vodka.
Quote Reply
Re: 6th Annual December Running + Drinking Challenge [TheRhino] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
As long as you have the proper recovery drink afterwords. Chocolate Milk & Baileys, also 1:1.

"The runner-up John Dunbar, a US Navy Seal, led after the second transition and had a chance to win but ran out of water on the marathon course; his support crew resorted to giving him beer instead." -http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ironman_Triathlon
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
"Spit out the back of the peloton in part two of the challenge". Omfg, I was crying laughing at this. Thank you for making me laugh until my abs hurt. Now if you'll excuse me Otto and Quads have made a break away, and I need to go drink myself into the ground.

--------
Trying to fight gravity on a planet that insists
Quote Reply
Re: 6th Annual December Running + Drinking Challenge [luckytotri] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Looking at the standings as we head into the Alps there are three people riding solo off the front, a chase pack of about 6 riders, another chase back of about 5 riders and a couple people (me included) trying to bridge the gap to the first chase group.

We need to get more organized here and work together if we're going to reel in otto, Quads and Rattlesnake.
Quote Reply
Re: 6th Annual December Running + Drinking Challenge [luckytotri] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
luckytotri wrote:
"Spit out the back of the peloton in part two of the challenge". Omfg, I was crying laughing at this. Thank you for making me laugh until my abs hurt. Now if you'll excuse me Otto and Quads have made a break away, and I need to go drink myself into the ground.

Not gonna happen...vodka, creme de cacao, vanilla, and milk (poor man's white russian), along with a grueling week and a no responsibilities kinda weekend. As a handicap, I'll only keep track of the Vodka and I promise to be out the door by 8am on a run on both mornings.

Quote | Reply
Damn you Quads!

I got nothin but respect for you man. Cheers.

--------
Quote Reply
Re: 6th Annual December Running + Drinking Challenge [QuadsofFURY] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The Dude can abide your beverage selection, but not your foolhardy breakaway with 16 days to go ;)

(who am I kidding - once you hit the vodka there's no reeling you in!)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I can step my game up for sure. Especially since I'm out from running for at least a few more days!!!

Susan Harrell
http://www.endurancezone.com

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
9 miles in the sun today with my swim bud. First time over 6 since last May.

Quote | Reply
self medicating with some Fat Tires after a particularly painful long run today.
May have some fun tonight though. The white rabbit gift we were going to give at a friends xmas party last night is still in our posession as the kids were too sick to go. This was quite the gift as well. It was all the materials needed to do this (plus instructions) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PCjTZzxBg2U

@davempratt
Quote Reply
Re: 6th Annual December Running + Drinking Challenge [djastroman] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
On that note, does a 40 only count as 3.33 beers? Because it should really count for a lot more...
And two 40s back to back is like a force multiplier. can't be simply twice as much.

@davempratt
Quote Reply
Re: 6th Annual December Running + Drinking Challenge [djastroman] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Nice!

20k in the sleet/snow, followed by Elysian Birfrost. Mmmmm. Lamb shanks for dinner so it'll be wine methinks.

AP

------------------------
"How bad could it be?" - SimpleS
Quote Reply
Re: 6th Annual December Running + Drinking Challenge [AndyPants] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Oh my head... we had some folks over last night and a copious amount of beer was drunk. The run today is gonna suck.

AP

------------------------
Quote Reply
Re: 6th Annual December Running + Drinking Challenge [AndyPants] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
We went to a party last night and I actually behaved! Blue Light as the beer of choice didn't help, but it was a good time.

Something completely random and unrelated - the hostess had a 1940s Gibson hollowbody stashed in a corner in amazing condition. When I found it and asked her about it "...oh yeah, that was my dad's, sometimes my 16 y.o. daughter picks it up and tries to play it...." She had no idea what it was, still not sure if she does now.

Last edited by: QuadsofFURY: Dec 16, 12 14:01
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
"Chocolate Milk & Baileys, also 1:1.
"

These ideaes are how we are gonna do it....if we can outdrink them, we have to have our livers out-think them!

I had a decent weekend. Mostly in mart to us dragging a margarita machine to our local cyclocross race. Drink consumptions had to be estimated.

As for the other side of the tracks...i have a triple marathon this weekend. Lets hope the legs hold uo. If not, iss drink the rest of the miles!

Rattlesnake Blake
With the "Venom Enom"
Quote Reply
Re: 6th Annual December Running + Drinking Challenge [Rattlesnake] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Just when I was feeling good about my catch-up miles over the last four days, you ultra guys have to go posting about triple marathons! How the f do you do that? Kudos. And double points cause you also do cyclocross. With a marg machine. I'm officially in your fan club.

--------
Quote Reply
Re: 6th Annual December Running + Drinking Challenge [Rattlesnake] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Agreed! How do you do CX and not get injured for your long races - I love mountain biking but do a lot less when training for a big running race - too worried about banging up my legs.

AP

------------------------
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Sorry to dissapoint, but i was just spectating. Havent jumped into cross just yet....just road and tri biking..

I will say that it looks like a TON of fun with all the hecklers and what not.

Rattlesnake Blake
With the "Venom Enom"
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
It all got started with a 3-pint lunch on Friday. After that, it was a marathon session (no, don't be silly, I don't mean running) through to 12am on Sunday. Many many beer were consumed. So much so that yesterday was spent doing absolutely nothing but watching football on the couch. Couldn't even bring myself to have a Baileys & Coffee. Pretty rough shape. Back at it this morning with a 12km run. Will add the short 5.5km run home this evening, and I'll knock down a few to keep on pace in the 'other' department.

There will be no catching Quads no me thinks. Good luck to the rest of you!

"The runner-up John Dunbar, a US Navy Seal, led after the second transition and had a chance to win but ran out of water on the marathon course; his support crew resorted to giving him beer instead." -http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ironman_Triathlon
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
otto wrote:
It all got started with a 3-pint lunch on Friday. After that, it was a marathon session (no, don't be silly, I don't mean running) through to 12am on Sunday. Many many beer were consumed. So much so that yesterday was spent doing absolutely nothing but watching football on the couch. Couldn't even bring myself to have a Baileys & Coffee. Pretty rough shape. Back at it this morning with a 12km run. Will add the short 5.5km run home this evening, and I'll knock down a few to keep on pace in the 'other' department.

There will be no catching Quads no me thinks. Good luck to the rest of you
!

WTH? The way I read the rankings, you're only 5 drinks behind Quads. Now, it could absolutely be that I'm not reading them right--the whole thing is a little beyond me at times--but I will be very disappointed if you just roll over and give it to Quads like that. I mean, the man truly has a gift, but you, too, are gifted. I hate it when someone isn't living up to their potential;)

The rest of us underachievers need a good race here...c'mon man HTFU.

--------
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Not quite giving it to him. I am just going by past year's experiences. Once he gets in 'the zone' and the vodka starts going down, its game over man, game over!

I shall try my best. ;)

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
It went downhill very fast yesterday. I arrived home at 10:30am from a night of drinking only to be informed by a phone call that I was late to a family brunch. I freshened up my make-up, hair and hit the door. Extended family will make anyone drink.... Then trivia... Then "babysitting" friends... Went to bed at 1am. I'm pretty convinced at this point I have a drinking problem. I can start running again, small miles, but I'll log them...

Susan Harrell
http://www.endurancezone.com

Quote Reply
Re: 6th Annual December Running + Drinking Challenge [seh] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Seh, from your other posts you definitely sound like someone I'd like to sit down and have a few with. Way to represent the Womens sista.

And yeah, extended family--a recipe for a drinkathon.

--------
Quote Reply
Re: 6th Annual December Running + Drinking Challenge [Bifff] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Bifff wrote:
I found the perfect race of all of us in this challenge: "The Run to the Brewery"
It's a 10 mile run followed by all you can drink at the Blue Point Brewery.
It's in January. Does tapering for this race require me to sober up?
http://www.glirc.org/...ois=1&annee=2013

Already signed up for it! Missed it 2 years ago when it got rescheduled due to a blizzard. Then last year I was injured and just spectated while my wife and a bunch of friends did it, still...they let spectators drink for free also. This year I am using it as a test of sorts to judge fitness...of both my running and liver.

I was making a good run on the drinking part of the challenge with so many parties early in the year, but have faltered as of late with increased morning workouts and just general fatigue making me to go bed earlier. Time to pick it up, because I'm dropping like a stone in the running part!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Run yesterday did suck, and today I've been stuck in the warehouse all day (auditing) so no run today. Boourns. AP

------------------------
Quote Reply

Prev Next