Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: 6th Annual December Running + Drinking Challenge [morey000] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
 EASY now;)

When I was a poor snowboard bum, I used to know the price of a case of PBR to the penny (so I could scrounge the change from between the couch cushions). I've since spent many a year drinking much more expensive, albeit tastier, alcohol, but I ain't too proud to pick up a six o' tall boys and knock 'em down. Sometimes, it just hits the spot.

--------
Trying to fight gravity on a planet that insists
Quote Reply
Re: 6th Annual December Running + Drinking Challenge [luckytotri] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
luckytotri wrote:
EASY now;)

When I was a poor snowboard bum, I used to know the price of a case of PBR to the penny (so I could scrounge the change from between the couch cushions). I've since spent many a year drinking much more expensive, albeit tastier, alcohol, but I ain't too proud to pick up a six o' tall boys and knock 'em down. Sometimes, it just hits the spot.

PBR is too expensive around here. $8.99 for a 12-pack of cans v. $8.49 for a 12-pack of Miller Hi-Life bottles.

Tough day at work with a bottle of vodka on the counter top...watch out.

Last edited by: QuadsofFURY: Dec 11, 12 16:37
Quote Reply
Re: 6th Annual December Running + Drinking Challenge [QuadsofFURY] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
And this is why we make our own beer now. Our costs for raw materials is under $0.80/L - yes per LITRE! :-) mmmmmm.

Only a pathetic 4mi on the deadmill today, it was POURING out there today and I was not in the mood to deal with nonsense. Will aim for another double tomorrow (like yesterday).

Otherwise on track so far although I've got a nice corn on one baby toe that's starting to annoy me. Besides self-surgery, any other suggestions from the unwashed masses?

AP

------------------------
"How bad could it be?" - SimpleS
Quote Reply
Re: 6th Annual December Running + Drinking Challenge [AndyPants] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Duct tape?

--------
Quote Reply
Re: 6th Annual December Running + Drinking Challenge [QuadsofFURY] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Smells like I shall be relinquishing my lead on the 'other' side. Now, this is the game I expected Quads to bring.

"The runner-up John Dunbar, a US Navy Seal, led after the second transition and had a chance to win but ran out of water on the marathon course; his support crew resorted to giving him beer instead." -http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ironman_Triathlon
Quote Reply
Re: 6th Annual December Running + Drinking Challenge [otto] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I'm bringing the drinking game now as I'm out for at least a week of running because of calf issues. Not putting myself in the hurt locker in December. On my second bottle of wine right now. Had dinner with friends and the jackhole ex was there.

Susan Harrell
http://www.endurancezone.com

Quote Reply
Re: 6th Annual December Running + Drinking Challenge [AndyPants] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I am working on the road this week. Lots of drinking, and decreased running. I thought for sure I'd be top 10 in drinking by now. No dice. Maybe by Friday.
Quote Reply
Re: 6th Annual December Running + Drinking Challenge [luckytotri] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
That's not a bad idea. I'll report back ;-)

------------------------
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I found the perfect race of all of us in this challenge: "The Run to the Brewery"
It's a 10 mile run followed by all you can drink at the Blue Point Brewery.
It's in January. Does tapering for this race require me to sober up?
http://www.glirc.org/...ois=1&annee=2013
Quote Reply
Re: 6th Annual December Running + Drinking Challenge [Bifff] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply

Bifff wrote:
I found the perfect race of all of us in this challenge: "The Run to the Brewery"
It's a 10 mile run followed by all you can drink at the Blue Point Brewery.
It's in January. Does tapering for this race require me to sober up?http://www.glirc.org/...ois=1&annee=2013[/quote[/url]]

That might be worth the flight from Arkansas. =)

-Stephen in Arkansas
Last edited by: razorbacksteve: Dec 12, 12 13:17
Quote Reply
Re: 6th Annual December Running + Drinking Challenge [Bifff] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
DAMMIT! I am going to be in that area the week prior for work. SO NOT FAIR!

AP

------------------------
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
The brewery will still be there... just sayin'
Quote Reply
Re: 6th Annual December Running + Drinking Challenge [TheRhino] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Well, I'll be in the area but more focused in Philly & NJ - any good spots to visit? It won't be any Keegan's and/or Gilded Otter (ref: New Paltz/AmZof) but I'm always on the lookout for good breweries...

AP

------------------------
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Dropping out due to lack of $ for booze vs the Christmas giving cheer and more importantly some stupid injury that requires that awful four letter word, "rest."

Best of luck. May your livers be strong and legs even stronger. I'll see you next year.

"Grind it til' you find it..."
Quote Reply
Re: 6th Annual December Running + Drinking Challenge [eabecker] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Well, hopefully the injury heals up and you can come back better than ever next year. Being injured sucks.

AP

------------------------
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
luckytotri wrote:
EASY now;)

All the poor snowboard bums around these parts are drinking Cariboo (http://www.cariboobrewing.com/) now. A division of Pacific Western Brewing, out of Prince George, BC, and its disgusting!

"The runner-up John Dunbar, a US Navy Seal, led after the second transition and had a chance to win but ran out of water on the marathon course; his support crew resorted to giving him beer instead." -http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ironman_Triathlon
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
7 miles of running today. Happy about that.

Strange challenge this year...usually I'm in the top 10 running, top 2 in drinking, and drop 10lbs during the month. This year, scaled way back on the drinking side, ramping up the running, and stuck at f'in 250 (race weight for me is 225). Oh well, probably lifting too much.

If we make it up to Ottawa (just got the architect's bill today for preliminary plans for the man cave (5 car garage with a lift) and the addition) - I still plan on doing my annual second half of the marathon course run.

Quote | Reply
NIce! I have a 50k planned for Jan 1st (Fat Ass 50) but am seriously contemplating doing it in Dec on my own (with some fam acting as SAG) just so I can collect the miles. If I'm really stupid I'll do both. ;-)

On track for 200mi so far, got 3hrs on Sat and 1.5-2hr more on Sun planned which should bump the numbers up nicely.

Off to have some wine. ;-)

AP

------------------------
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I think as a subthread we may need to start the following:

Signs you *might* have a drinking problem:

Spraying down your work area with ethanol to prepare to do sterile cell work makes your mouth water.

I wish I was kidding--happened yesterday. Yikes!

--------
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
:Signs you *might* have a drinking problem: "

How about ranking 3rd in a drinking challenge competing against anonymous online strangers? I'm not sure if I should be proud or ashamed!

I've got to pick up the running. I missed my long run last week and haven't been as consistent as planned. I knew I wouldn't make 200, but I at least had planned on 150...

-Andrew
Last edited by: AMT04: Dec 14, 12 10:28
Quote Reply
Re: 6th Annual December Running + Drinking Challenge [AMT04] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Stand proud of your accomplishments! No need to be ashamed!

I have now officially hit the halfway mark on the running side, and well over half on the other side. 17 days left to make up the difference. Should be doable!

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I think I'm going to have to start doing shots of vodka randomly through out the day to avoid getting spit out the back of the peleton in part II of the challenge. My girlfriend gave me the eyebrow last night when I poured myself a scotch after finishing the bottle of wine at dinner and I actually said "What? I'm in jeopardy of falling behind in an unrecoverable fashion in the ST drinking challenge!". That, oddly, did not appease her, nor did the 2nd scotch.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
"Honey, me and the scotch would like to be alone now!" <heads to the basement>

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
The basement is where the gerbil mill is. Maybe I should just load up the water bottle and run/drink until I shoot off the back. Efficiency!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Now you're thinking! 1:1 gatorade to vodka ratio.

Quote Reply

Prev Next