Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: 6th Annual December Running + Drinking Challenge [QuadsofFURY] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
QuadsofFURY wrote:

This has been a VERY mild start to the challenge....

To say the least. You've typically doubled up on me by this point.

"The runner-up John Dunbar, a US Navy Seal, led after the second transition and had a chance to win but ran out of water on the marathon course; his support crew resorted to giving him beer instead." -http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ironman_Triathlon
Quote Reply
Re: 6th Annual December Running + Drinking Challenge [AndyPants] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Well my running is doing ok so far but my wife is beating me in the drinking challenge. This does not bode well for me! I'm telling you, worlds are colliding here!

@davempratt
Quote Reply
Re: 6th Annual December Running + Drinking Challenge [AndyPants] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I know this is sort of cheating because most of the West Coasters (and a lot of people in general) probably haven't had an opportunity to log their Friday evening's activity. BUT, be that as it may, I still had to screencap and save this as it's not likely to be repeated:

I'm in the TOP TEN, baby!

(I'm also beating Andy!)

<If you're gonna be dumb, you gotta be tough>
Get Fitter!
Proud member of the Smartasscrew, MONSTER CLUB
Get your FIX today?
Quote Reply
Re: 6th Annual December Running + Drinking Challenge [Khai] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The beauty of that shot is the graph on the left ;) 100% Other!
Quote Reply
Re: 6th Annual December Running + Drinking Challenge [mgalluzz] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
mgalluzz wrote:
Seriously slacking on the drinking....I'll definitely put a few hard efforts in this weekend.

This challenge reminded me of something I came up with a while ago, but I stil haven't tried it (someday...) I call it the "Marathon Challenge". It's very simple: run 26.2 miles and drink 26.2 beers in 26.2 hours.

There has to be someone on here crazy enough to give that a try.

I did this at the Chicago marathon....let's just say the flight home monday morning was bruuuutal!

-Stephen in Arkansas
Quote Reply
Re: 6th Annual December Running + Drinking Challenge [otto] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
otto wrote:
QuadsofFURY wrote:

This has been a VERY mild start to the challenge....

To say the least. You've typically doubled up on me by this point.

I just freaked out a little when I saw the current standings, but then I remembered we are in base 60 on that side of the challenge, so not that bad. Always knew 7th grade math would come in handy one of these days.

Last edited by: QuadsofFURY: Dec 8, 12 18:44
Quote Reply
Re: 6th Annual December Running + Drinking Challenge [QuadsofFURY] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yeah, I balked at the 106 too, but 1:06....so much better. ;)

"The runner-up John Dunbar, a US Navy Seal, led after the second transition and had a chance to win but ran out of water on the marathon course; his support crew resorted to giving him beer instead." -http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ironman_Triathlon
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I'm getting behind in my running. I knew I'd be back-end loading this month but not this much. :-( So: 20+K on tap for later this morning in the mixed rain-snow. Then possibly pub brunch ding ding!

AP

------------------------
"How bad could it be?" - SimpleS
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
i'm staring down the barrel of some serious catch-up miles in the sleet and cold today. Damn midwest winters.

--------
Trying to fight gravity on a planet that insists
Quote Reply
Re: 6th Annual December Running + Drinking Challenge [luckytotri] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
23.5k done. Chocolate milk with bailey's and vanilla vodka for recovery. :-)

Next week, I think I can log 90k as I can run long Sat & Sun (need to start doing the double long runs anyways). That will put me in good shape for 200mi (320k).

AP

------------------------
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Thanks for putting this on. My goal is 240K in Dec (basically 60k per week). 22 running days left and I have 180k to go. Just a bit behind pace. Need just a bit over 8K per day to get there. Next week should be OK as I am on business travel and running will be my only option. I'm not drinking but getting equivalent empty fueling calories through ice cream and upcoming Xmas goodies.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Jesus Carolina. What are you trying to do? 21 drinks? I have set up a little alter in the corner of my pain cave and have burned incense for you. What is your secret, oh wise and wonderful master of the drink?

--------
Quote Reply
Re: 6th Annual December Running + Drinking Challenge [luckytotri] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
luckytotri wrote:
Jesus Carolina. What are you trying to do? 21 drinks? I have set up a little alter in the corner of my pain cave and have burned incense for you. What is your secret, oh wise and wonderful master of the drink?

My guess is bud light lime or some other such slightly yellow water. If that was real beer (or wine, or liquor) I take it all back and it's Nic Cage from Leaving Las Vegas. .

<If you're gonna be dumb, you gotta be tough>
Get Fitter!
Proud member of the Smartasscrew, MONSTER CLUB
Get your FIX today?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Khai wrote:
luckytotri wrote:

My guess is bud light lime or some other such slightly yellow water. If that was real beer (or wine, or liquor) I take it all back and it's Nic Cage from Leaving Las Vegas. .

more likely a few days lumped together.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
You people are animals. I have been hitting the sauce hard all week and I still cant keep up with y'all drinking and then you put in 10K a day. Unreal.
Quote Reply
Re: 6th Annual December Running + Drinking Challenge [knewbike] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
knewbike wrote:
Khai wrote:
luckytotri wrote:

more likely a few days lumped together.[/quote]

Damn it! Don't do that people. My fragile little drinking ego can't take it.

--------
Quote Reply
Re: 6th Annual December Running + Drinking Challenge [Meats] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Meats wrote:
You people are animals. I have been hitting the sauce hard all week and I still cant keep up with y'all drinking and then you put in 10K a day. Unreal.

23k yesterday, and yes, more 'pain killer' after. ;)

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
What happens when the runs aren't showing up? My drinking sure as hell is.....

Susan Harrell
http://www.endurancezone.com

Quote Reply
Re: 6th Annual December Running + Drinking Challenge [seh] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
You need to put in a time for the duration or the mileage won't show up.

I'm starting to lose some major ground here on the running and even my drinking total isn't looking so hot anymore!
Quote Reply
Re: 6th Annual December Running + Drinking Challenge [steelerguy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks! Unfortunately my drinking has not slowed down. I'm not even trying for the love of god.

Susan Harrell
http://www.endurancezone.com

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I don't know about you, but I like to slumming once in a while. Like tonight:

Absofreakinlutely yummy. And the drinkability. I mean, it's beer flavored water w/ gas, but after you've just lost a few pints of sweat, they go down super easy man.

--------
Last edited by: luckytotri: Dec 11, 12 7:41
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Pic link is broken. :-(

------------------------
Quote Reply
Re: 6th Annual December Running + Drinking Challenge [seh] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
What an interesting challenge this is. Drinking is just fine (thanks to the help of The Running Event last week) and lots of booze for the Dallas 1/2 Mary. Running mileage it lagging a bit, but a big couple of marathon training weeks ahead should bring me back up in the top ten. BRB gotta go celebrate the eastern time zone. :)

My Blog | Twitter | Big Pistachio Racing Team
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
luckytotri wrote:
I don't know about you, but I like to slumming once in a while. Like tonight:

does that even count as a drink?
Quote Reply
Re: 6th Annual December Running + Drinking Challenge [morey000] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Sure, if you're a hipster:

Quote Reply

Prev Next