Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: 6th Annual December Running + Drinking Challenge [QuadsofFURY] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Nice! I am off work from the 21st until Jan 7th, and am planning some serious running and drinking!

AP

------------------------
"How bad could it be?" - SimpleS
Quote Reply
Re: 6th Annual December Running + Drinking Challenge [AndyPants] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
AndyPants wrote:
Nice! I am off work from the 21st until Jan 7th, and am planning some serious running and drinking!

AP

In past years I'd be off work from this Friday through the end of January, hence the lagging behind in all categories, including funness.

Quote | Reply
As per the usual, I have just upped my run volume, and kept the liver abuse where it normally is. 200 miles? Could be a problem. 200 drinks? Walk in the park.

"The runner-up John Dunbar, a US Navy Seal, led after the second transition and had a chance to win but ran out of water on the marathon course; his support crew resorted to giving him beer instead." -http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ironman_Triathlon
Quote Reply
Re: 6th Annual December Running + Drinking Challenge [AndyPants] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks for doing this. I have an outside shot of making it to 2600K of running for the year, which is 50 K per week average. I know it is not a ton, but that would be a decent total for me, given how my year started. I need 220K in the next 25 days to get there (not sure if it is possible, but we'll see). The challenge will help. Thanks!
Quote Reply
Re: 6th Annual December Running + Drinking Challenge [otto] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
RIght there with you. 200 drinks - Golden on that one. Got sick today... run is going to take a hit :(

Susan Harrell
http://www.endurancezone.com

Quote Reply
Re: 6th Annual December Running + Drinking Challenge [QuadsofFURY] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
As Clay Davis would say.... shiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiitttt. If I didn't have to run (or work) everyday I might be able to roll with you guys on the drinks but in my old age (35!) I've suddenly become susceptible to the crippling hangover. Used to be able to dismiss it with coffee and hashbrowns. No more! I'm still going to take a shot at top 10 on the drinking but I may have to rely on a couple epic nights to get there.

Last time I was in Ottawa for a 'weekend' I was banned from 7-Eleven. Not clear on whether said ban applies to all 7-Eleven's or how they would enforce that but the guy was emphatic I was banned from his 7-Eleven.
Quote Reply
Re: 6th Annual December Running + Drinking Challenge [devashish_paul] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Wow, that is impressive, Dev, you can do it! GO GO GO!!!

AP

------------------------
Quote Reply
Re: 6th Annual December Running + Drinking Challenge [TheRhino] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
TheRhino wrote:

Last time I was in Ottawa for a 'weekend' I was banned from 7-Eleven. Not clear on whether said ban applies to all 7-Eleven's or how they would enforce that but the guy was emphatic I was banned from his 7-Eleven.

Dude, oh wait that's me, I'm 44 and yes, having 1.5 months off in the winter was awesome. Good way to celebrate the holidays and jumpstart the training for the upcoming season. In the past I strove to be #1 in the drinking challenge, top 5 in the running. Now, I just want to be able to start running again and NOT be in the top 10 in drinking (hahahahaha).

Last Dec. when Mrs. Quads and I were in Ottawa, we had to ask if we were allowed back into our favorite bar the second night....

Quote | Reply
I informed my wife of this challenge....she was not amused! Good thing I didn't mention that I was doing a whole lot better on the drinking part (22nd vs 13th).

By the way, I think my drinks should be weighted and count more since they're 100% Whisky....

-Andrew
Quote Reply
Re: 6th Annual December Running + Drinking Challenge [AMT04] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Nice try, no dice! ;-)

AP

------------------------
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
AndyPants wrote:
Nice try, no dice! ;-)

AP

Nevertheless...I'll go have another.

-Andrew
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Well, I made a point of cracking the top 20 on the drinking side tonight. I could go further on that but I've cut way back. Curses to this challenge for bringing me back to the dark side.
Quote Reply
Re: 6th Annual December Running + Drinking Challenge [knewbike] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Send me your address and I'll send you more booze... that's fair right?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Welcome back my friend! It's nicer on this side!

"The runner-up John Dunbar, a US Navy Seal, led after the second transition and had a chance to win but ran out of water on the marathon course; his support crew resorted to giving him beer instead." -http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ironman_Triathlon
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
What Quads said. I'm 38. 35? Pfffttt....young'un. Put on your 'big boy pants' and grab a beverage. ;)

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
SABOTAGE!
Quote Reply
Re: 6th Annual December Running + Drinking Challenge [otto] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Working on it... one of the downsides of being self employed is no endless stream of office parties to rack up the numbers (call it the BarryP booze plan).
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
knewbike wrote:
SABOTAGE!

Indeed. RIP MCA. Maybe I'll have another tonight in his honour...
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
OK Junior. Me and my uterus are 40, so Suck it Up Princess. If you can't run with the big dogs, stay on the porch. (hint hint, pick it up rookie)

:-)

AP

------------------------
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
AndyPants wrote:
If you can't run with the big dogs, stay on the porch. (hint hint, pick it up rookie)

:-)

AP

Frankly, I'm shocked to be in the top half! Anyone who knows me would be likewise. I attribute it to this past year spent in Ireland - where I don't often go big, but have been very consistent...

Xmas party tonight and another going away party tomorrow ought to boost my stats before I come home and (likely) mellow out a fair bit... Maybe I'll log my first run mile, too. :p

<If you're gonna be dumb, you gotta be tough>
Get Fitter!
Proud member of the Smartasscrew, MONSTER CLUB
Get your FIX today?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Seriously slacking on the drinking....I'll definitely put a few hard efforts in this weekend.

This challenge reminded me of something I came up with a while ago, but I stil haven't tried it (someday...) I call it the "Marathon Challenge". It's very simple: run 26.2 miles and drink 26.2 beers in 26.2 hours.

There has to be someone on here crazy enough to give that a try.
Quote Reply
Re: 6th Annual December Running + Drinking Challenge [mgalluzz] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
mgalluzz wrote:
Seriously slacking on the drinking....I'll definitely put a few hard efforts in this weekend.

This challenge reminded me of something I came up with a while ago, but I stil haven't tried it (someday...) I call it the "Marathon Challenge". It's very simple: run 26.2 miles and drink 26.2 beers in 26.2 hours.

There has to be someone on here crazy enough to give that a try.

That's pretty doable. If I wern't married with kid I'd try it. Here is how it would go.

6-10 am Marathon
10 am - 6 recovery beers
2 pm - 6 more - nap
6 pm - 6 celebration beers
10 pm - 6 sleepy time beers
8 am - 2.2 hair of the dog beers - DONE!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Hmmm that may just be my new years eve plans right there.

AP

------------------------
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
How have I never joined this before???

Next year, I'm definitely in! I don't run much...but last week I put down six+ bottles of wine and 12 oz. of vodka (I think maybe I should be less prideful and more ashamed of this, but...).

mmm-mmm-Momo Charms
Handmade beverage charms, jewelry, and miscellanea

http://momocharms.wordpress.com
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Easing in to the day. 8.5km run with the dog, baileys and coffee, and then my 6.5km run to work.

Quote Reply

Prev Next