Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: 6th Annual December Running + Drinking Challenge [AndyPants] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I think I'm just going to take off running across America and drink nothing but vodka/crystal light and rum/Gatorade. That will show all of you.

Ok, make just a quick 5k on the treadmill and back to the White Russians on my couch. (:

Rattlesnake Blake
With the "Venom Enom"
Quote Reply
Re: 6th Annual December Running + Drinking Challenge [Rattlesnake] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I can't even tell you how bombed I got off of vodka/Gatorade once.
Quote Reply
Re: 6th Annual December Running + Drinking Challenge [knewbike] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
knewbike wrote:
Just for the record I think trail miles should count for more and so should cheap ice beer.

Agree about the trail miles, did 13 today would have been a few more on the road, but less fun. Although I do think beers <6% ABV should only count as half a beer. :)
Quote Reply
Re: 6th Annual December Running + Drinking Challenge [steelerguy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yeah esp any light beer. Jeebus man I can sit down and drink 12 of those and get no buzz - only a major need to pee. What's the point? I'd rather run a few extra miles and drink beer with TASTE baby!

AP

------------------------
"How bad could it be?" - SimpleS
Quote Reply
Re: 6th Annual December Running + Drinking Challenge [Rattlesnake] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Rattlesnake wrote:

Ok, make just a quick 5k on the treadmill and back to the White Russians on my couch. (:

You do know who you are up against on the White Russian front, don't you?

Quote | Reply
Freaking awesome.

Rattlesnake Blake
With the "Venom Enom"
Quote Reply
Re: 6th Annual December Running + Drinking Challenge [knewbike] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
G2 baby... G2.
Quote Reply
Re: 6th Annual December Running + Drinking Challenge [AndyPants] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
15 miles this morning, on my 3rd Stone Levitation.

Easy day.
Quote Reply
Re: 6th Annual December Running + Drinking Challenge [smugfit] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
smugfit wrote:

Easy day.

Good run. Great beer.
Quote Reply
Re: 6th Annual December Running + Drinking Challenge [morey000] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
morey000 wrote:
smugfit wrote:

Easy day.

Good run. Great beer.

My favorite right now. Its everything great about Stone, but you can drink a sixer. Which I plan to do during this game, because its so painful.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Well played, sir. Immediately respectable b/c it's from stone, but actually very drinkable and low in alcohol. I think it's a classy/less douchy alternative to brining something like Stella to a party.

Mike
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Great starting to the drinking side this weekend....not so great for the running
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
In other words...almost halfe way done with your second beer. Stone Levitation...their answer to the "fizzy yellow stuff" they hate, but really just that with a touch of roasted malt thrown in. Hit the Stone IPA and then we are talking! :)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
AndyPants wrote:
Yeah esp any light beer. Jeebus man I can sit down and drink 12 of those and get no buzz - only a major need to pee. What's the point? I'd rather run a few extra miles and drink beer with TASTE baby!

AP

Agreed! I'll just skip a beer if it is of the MCB variety, not worth the calories. The Founder's Backwoods Bastard I had tonight though...fantastic! (10.2%!!!)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
refresh my memory....do we have to log duration of the run part or can we do just total miles?

Rattlesnake Blake
With the "Venom Enom"
Quote Reply
Re: 6th Annual December Running + Drinking Challenge [QuadsofFURY] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The Dude Abides!

Good to have you back Quads! Nice to have some real competition on the drinking front.

"The runner-up John Dunbar, a US Navy Seal, led after the second transition and had a chance to win but ran out of water on the marathon course; his support crew resorted to giving him beer instead." -http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ironman_Triathlon
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
It is counting the kms/miles as part of the challenge, but for some reason if you don't enter a duration, the run does not register in the challenge.

Just so you know who you're up against on the drinking side. Here is our basement brewery set up.

Shelves of finished product:

"The runner-up John Dunbar, a US Navy Seal, led after the second transition and had a chance to win but ran out of water on the marathon course; his support crew resorted to giving him beer instead." -http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ironman_Triathlon
Quote Reply
Re: 6th Annual December Running + Drinking Challenge [otto] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Wow.

Please send address. I will wire money for cot and sleeping bag. (:

Rattlesnake Blake
With the "Venom Enom"
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I did my first run of this challenge....nothing heroic on the distance front....30 min uphill treadmill run at 4-15% grade covering 5.5K. I'm training for some uphill run stuff next year, so my mileages on these runs will be penalized. I figure I did around 1200 feet of vertical in that run. Intend to work up to 6 mph uphill @ 10% grade which would be 1000m in an hour by next summer. Not sure I can do it, but worth aiming for.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
First challenge, and I'm, uh, challenged :)

I'm logging my runs but they're not getting totaled in the running challenge part. What am I doing wrong, oh experienced drinkers and runners?

--------
Trying to fight gravity on a planet that insists
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Are the goals on the drinking challenge set up right? I entered a few "minutes" and it is telling me I'm 199.9 hours behind. Shouldn't that be 200 minutes - ~10 drinks behind? Or maybe I'm missing something due to uhh too much running. Great challenge btw
Quote Reply
Re: 6th Annual December Running + Drinking Challenge [steelerguy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
+2 on both the trail miles and the beer %. I got in my two long runs and now its time for a recovery day or two with some easy short runs. Had some great Spatzen Oktoberfest beers on the first day of the challenge but have been lagging in the drinking ever since. Maybe I'll have to bust out a flask at work to make up for it.

@davempratt
Quote Reply
Re: 6th Annual December Running + Drinking Challenge [brianhadley] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
brianhadley wrote:
Are the goals on the drinking challenge set up right? I entered a few "minutes" and it is telling me I'm 199.9 hours behind. Shouldn't that be 200 minutes - ~10 drinks behind? Or maybe I'm missing something due to uhh too much running. Great challenge btw

looks like you entered it right. happy drinking
Quote Reply
Re: 6th Annual December Running + Drinking Challenge [morey000] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yeah the "goal" doesn't really matter right? It's what ever your goal is re: drinking in the holidays. It's more to track your cumulative total for Dec so you can either (a) be proud and tell yer mama or (b) feel shame... ;-)

AP

------------------------
"How bad could it be?" - SimpleS
Quote Reply
Re: 6th Annual December Running + Drinking Challenge [djastroman] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Ha! Nice on the flask! Im scheduling a liquid lunch on Friday :)
[/img] http://i46.tinypic.com/ztvep1.jpg

---------------------------------
Hold my Beer and watch this!
Last edited by: dhyoung9: Dec 4, 12 9:06
Quote Reply

Prev Next