Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: 6th Annual December Running + Drinking Challenge [AndyPants] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Totally in. Just coming off running break after the end of the season, so good motivation. I never need additional motivation for drinking...
Quote Reply
Re: 6th Annual December Running + Drinking Challenge [morey000] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Morey! Yer back! Fantastic.

I have our office xmas party on Dec 1, so it hard & fast straight out of the gate!

AP

------------------------
"How bad could it be?" - SimpleS
Quote Reply
Re: 6th Annual December Running + Drinking Challenge [AndyPants] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Day1. I have 10k planned and the office xmas party later. Would run longer but foot is still a bit tender from last week (Seattle Marathon).

Not too late to join.... :-)

AP

------------------------
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
First run is in the bank! I was considering mixing a shot of tequila in with my lemon-lime gatorade for a margarita flavored sports drink so I could log both parts at once- but I totally chickened out.

I'm guessing that this challenge is gonna' make me do stooopid things. both the drinking and the running part. it'll be a fun December.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Day 1 and I am putting up a goose egg. Came down with something after a long day of travel on Thursday and a long day of work on Friday...full rest day now and hopefully I can get in the swing of training tomorrow. My official training year starts on Dec 1, so hopefully this does not set a bad trend for the upcoming year!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I'm back! Did the challenge last year, loved it, remembered it today during my post-run shower. I wish I had remembered further in advance so I'd have beer stocked up and ready to go today! Will have to remedy that ASAP. :)
Quote Reply
Re: 6th Annual December Running + Drinking Challenge [bluemostboth] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Ran 8 this morning and plan on hittin the bottle tonight. I'm thinking I'm gonna put some points in the bank early :)

---------------------------------
Hold my Beer and watch this!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I'm in.

Had my first run (since November 5th) today. I was a very relaxed 4 miles in light snow. The scenery couldn't be beat. Awesome.

Drinking tonight. One of my neighbors "won" a wine tasting at some charity auction. I'm no wine expert, but I'll find a way to fake it (and log in some bev's for the drinking challenge).
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I haven't run a step in weeks and "regularly" since June - but due to a scratchy throat I'm in for two already as I'm medicating with hot whiskey. :)

<If you're gonna be dumb, you gotta be tough>
Get Fitter!
Proud member of the Smartasscrew, MONSTER CLUB
Get your FIX today?
Quote Reply
Re: 6th Annual December Running + Drinking Challenge [Khai] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
As Carl Weathers would say "Ding Ding".

BRING IT!

I have TWO xmas parties today!!!

AP

------------------------
Quote Reply
Re: 6th Annual December Running + Drinking Challenge [otto] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
otto wrote:
AndyPants wrote:
We've had people who've well exceeded that mark.

AP

HEY! I resemble that remark! Completed the task in 2010, where I think I nearly doubled the drink mark. Last year I fell short on the running, but still exceeded expectations on the boozie side.

Calling out QuadsOfFury. Quads? Where you at, dude? Rattlesnake, you're going down. Again!

Howdy! Sitting here drinking my rum and OJ, watching the SEC Championship, and this thread caught my eye. First week back running since June and about 20 lbs heavier than I would like, so my run total will be low. I'm no longer a professor, so I actually have to work in December now! We'll see how it goes. How many posts this year until someone says we are killing ourselves?

Today: Got 4.5 miles in, 2 recovery beers (forgot my muscle milk), and now to work on the rum....

Last edited by: QuadsofFURY: Dec 1, 12 15:50
Quote Reply
Re: 6th Annual December Running + Drinking Challenge [QuadsofFURY] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
QQQUUUUUAAAADDDDSSSS!

Awesomeness. So good to have you back baby!

AP

------------------------
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
AndyPants wrote:
QQQUUUUUAAAADDDDSSSS!

Awesomeness. So good to have you back baby!

AP

Missed youse guys. Been a crazy year.

Quote | Reply
hell yes it has. we did Leadman OR in Sept, and I signed up for Comrades for June 2013. Oh and we started a business too (a nanobrewery).

AP

------------------------
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Sweet! 2 new jobs and a new house in the past five months for me and Mrs. Quads. No time to race or train until now, but the house is on the same lake we were renting on, so I see the USMS 2 Mile Cable Swim National Championship in my future, and Jr. Miss Quads is set to move out of the kiddy tris and start crushing dreams of older kids next summer, so all is good now.

Quote | Reply
Well it's still the 1st...is it too late to join this ill-advised challenge? I'm hoping it helps me cut down on one aspect of the challenge and increase the other. I haven't decided which one is which though.

8 mile run this morning and so far 4 on the drinks. Too bad 1 data point doesn't make a trend...

-Andrew
Quote Reply
Re: 6th Annual December Running + Drinking Challenge [trislayer] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
trislayer wrote:
I'm in.

Had my first run (since November 5th) today. I was a very relaxed 4 miles in light snow. The scenery couldn't be beat. Awesome.

Drinking tonight. One of my neighbors "won" a wine tasting at some charity auction. I'm no wine expert, but I'll find a way to fake it (and log in some bev's for the drinking challenge).

Hey Steve. Welcome back to the challenge. happy drinking
Quote Reply
Re: 6th Annual December Running + Drinking Challenge [QuadsofFURY] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
QuadsofFURY wrote:
.... How many posts this year until someone says we are killing ourselves?

that would be me. I usually chime in on health concerns after I see 10 or more drinks a day for a week.
right now- I'm sipping a shot of Patron Anejo.
Quote Reply
Re: 6th Annual December Running + Drinking Challenge [morey000] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I hear ya, I had two parties yesterday so I'm at 10k and 10 drinks for day 1. I'm aiming for 16k today, and definitely NOT 16 drinks ;-). My goal this time around is the 200mi - check and way less drinking than last time, say 60% of last year's total would be an improvement for me.

AP

------------------------
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Congrats....day 2, still in recovery mode...this training year is starting with two goose eggs on the board!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
AndyPants wrote:
I hear ya, I had two parties yesterday so I'm at 10k and 10 drinks for day 1. I'm aiming for 16k today, and definitely NOT 16 drinks ;-). My goal this time around is the 200mi - check and way less drinking than last time, say 60% of last year's total would be an improvement for me.

AP

There is no way I'll even hit a 100 miles this month. Was running 40 miles/wk last winter and spring, then all hell broke loose in June and I stopped cold.

Just got back from a hard, slow, painful 10k in the muck and the mire.

Quote | Reply
However your drinking hasn't changed ;-)

Only did 14.5k, legs are still feeling it from Seattle last week I guess.

AP

------------------------
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
AndyPants wrote:
However your drinking hasn't changed ;-)

Only did 14.5k, legs are still feeling it from Seattle last week I guess.

AP

It actually has, quite a bit. Much healthier physically and mentally these days, just have to get back into running and racing mode. Legs get the day off tomorrow - MWF are lifting days until I can get back in the water next May.

What kinds of beer are you two brewing?

Quote | Reply
Hef, (American-style) Pale Ale, IPA, Brown, Porter. Did a Spiced Amber that's going into the bottle today - so hopefully the qc is good on that one. Will be brewing later today - good thing there's a TV right there so I can catch the NFL games. ;-)

AP

------------------------
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Just got finished with the Waterloo-Pinckney trail in Michigan over the last 2 days, and chugged 2 tallboys in celebration. Just for the record I think trail miles should count for more and so should cheap ice beer.
Quote Reply

Prev Next