Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: 6th Annual December Running + Drinking Challenge [AndyPants] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
no need to even sign up guys....i got this one in the bag this year!

Rattlesnake Blake
With the "Venom Enom"
Quote Reply
Re: 6th Annual December Running + Drinking Challenge [Rattlesnake] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Who says we're all guys? ;)
Quote Reply
Re: 6th Annual December Running + Drinking Challenge [sagmaw] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
oh trust me...im well aware of how well the female persuasion does in this challenge! (andypants especially included!) im coming with both barrels (legs and liver) blazing this year!

Biggest question...is how does one taper towards the end of november for this epic event? is there a build phase to gear up for christmas? (:

Rattlesnake Blake
With the "Venom Enom"
Quote Reply
Re: 6th Annual December Running + Drinking Challenge [AndyPants] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Seriously considering it.... CIM this weekend would be a nice jump start. Curious, what was the winning total last year?

"Grind it til' you find it..."
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Well, my last day of work is 12/7 and I have the Charleston Marathon in January. So this looks like something I should get behind.
Quote Reply
Re: 6th Annual December Running + Drinking Challenge [Rattlesnake] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I try never to taper my drinking. It is sort of like ultra running - if you go far enough, slow enough, what is the point of a taper? What you want here is increased tolerance, which comes from steady slow increases in volume. Or something like that.
Quote Reply
Re: 6th Annual December Running + Drinking Challenge [sagmaw] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Damn skippy sista.

AP

------------------------
"How bad could it be?" - SimpleS
Quote Reply
Re: 6th Annual December Running + Drinking Challenge [PJG] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
BRING IT!

:-)

AP

------------------------
Quote Reply
Re: 6th Annual December Running + Drinking Challenge [GrizzlyBaird] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
GrizzlyBaird wrote:
Hardest week of running ever: the bicentennial ... 100 miles, 100 "beers" (Natty Lite)

http://www.beermile.com/faq.beer

"I'm Nick, by the way" Roosa did it a few years back -

http://www.letsrun.com/...d.php?thread=2267046

Quote | Reply
There were some major leagure drinking efforts in this challenge last year. I was in awe of the accomplishments. To my recollection, I had one big night (18 drinks), but otherwise I couldn't really compete with the big dogs (mostly from Canada - go figure).

I'll be back in for this year.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I'm in for the running part! Can I count my drinking from 25 years ago this month (4th year engineering post exams was enough for a lifetime....). Seriously though, I don't want to mess up the results on the drinking part of the challenge. I use the "other category" in the training log to cover my time doing weight training (yikes, I could get banished for even admitting that)....so I'll just sign up for the running part because otherwise I might mess up the drinking part of the challenge!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Awesomeness. I'm in.

My Blog | Twitter | Big Pistachio Racing Team
Quote Reply
Re: 6th Annual December Running + Drinking Challenge [trislayer] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Oh yeah eh that's just how we roll eh

------------------------
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
AndyPants wrote:
We've had people who've well exceeded that mark.

AP

HEY! I resemble that remark! Completed the task in 2010, where I think I nearly doubled the drink mark. Last year I fell short on the running, but still exceeded expectations on the boozie side.

Calling out QuadsOfFury. Quads? Where you at, dude? Rattlesnake, you're going down. Again!

"The runner-up John Dunbar, a US Navy Seal, led after the second transition and had a chance to win but ran out of water on the marathon course; his support crew resorted to giving him beer instead." -http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ironman_Triathlon
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
looks like i picked the wrong week to stop sniffing glue....

can we get a huffing equivalent to booze?
are the illegals and their booze equivalents in the FM?
i've never been a drinker but this challenge might be just what I need to finally polish off those 4-year-old bottles of Havana Club that are gathering dust. maybe start drinking red wine (lowers the cholesterol ya know) too.

http://harvestmoon6.blogspot.com
https://www.caringbridge.org/visit/katasmit

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
It seems that this year, I actually have a shot at winning this! :-)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
In.

That is all.
Quote Reply
Re: 6th Annual December Running + Drinking Challenge [otto] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
i was wondering where quads was as well...he must be training for this challenge.

Yall are lucky my birthday falls on nov 30...or else id be off to a hell of a good start! Maybe after midnight i will try and keep up with my drinks. (ya right)

Im already stocking up on the peppermint mocha kahlua for the seasonal christmas yummy goodness white russians....tis the season!

Im not going down without a fight.....I highly intend to podium this year!

(May we all end up in a rehab facility that offers computrainers, treadmills, and a 50 meter indoor pool.) Cheers!

Rattlesnake Blake
With the "Venom Enom"
Quote Reply
Re: 6th Annual December Running + Drinking Challenge [Francois] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Francois wrote:
It seems that this year, I actually have a shot at winning this! :-)

Finally grew a pair and learned how to drink?

"The runner-up John Dunbar, a US Navy Seal, led after the second transition and had a chance to win but ran out of water on the marathon course; his support crew resorted to giving him beer instead." -http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ironman_Triathlon
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Rattlesnake wrote:
(May we all end up in a rehab facility that offers computrainers, treadmills, and a 50 meter indoor pool.) Cheers!

I'll drink to that! Best of luck.

Quote Reply
Re: 6th Annual December Running + Drinking Challenge [otto] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I'm heading to New Orleans tomorrow...so I should be able to drink a lot there.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
D'oh! not again ;)

I'm in.

Not going to be pushing the running miles like I did last year (and getting injured). I did nab that BQ I was shooting for in January tho'. So, next marathon isn't until Patriots day, over 4months away. December won't be a high mileage running month. And, at 134lbs, I'll never win a drinking competition.

Shooting for 200 total. Hopefully 70% of those points for running. it will be a challenge!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I'm in. Does a bottle of wine constitute as the regular 5 drinks or what I consider 4 glasses? ;-)

Susan Harrell
http://www.endurancezone.com

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Im in, the run mileage will be a challenge, first year trying this, first year hearing about this challenge too. Ought to be fun! looks like the power drinkers have an edge tho, but hungover running will be quite interesting too!

Good luck everyone!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Well this sounds interesting...two things I like to do...I'm in!

Unfortunately this is going to be very telling when my miles don't eclipse 200 but my drinks do, but that is how December works for me. (Yeah...only in December...sure...)
Quote Reply

Prev Next