Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: 6th Annual December Running + Drinking Challenge [luckytotri] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yeah, 25 on the 25th and 31 on the 31st (plus the Margarita Mile at the Womens ST camp)... I like it!

AP

------------------------
"How bad could it be?" - SimpleS
Quote Reply
Re: 6th Annual December Running + Drinking Challenge [luckytotri] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
No, it warmed up PDQ on the bike. First 20kms were a little chilly while we dried off, but it got to 30C fast. The cold temp in the morning is due to the elevation in the mountains. Starts around 3400ft, IIRC.

"The runner-up John Dunbar, a US Navy Seal, led after the second transition and had a chance to win but ran out of water on the marathon course; his support crew resorted to giving him beer instead." -http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ironman_Triathlon
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Done and done. Just signed up.

"The runner-up John Dunbar, a US Navy Seal, led after the second transition and had a chance to win but ran out of water on the marathon course; his support crew resorted to giving him beer instead." -http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ironman_Triathlon
Quote Reply
Re: 6th Annual December Running + Drinking Challenge [otto] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I just got goose bumps for you. Woo-hoo!

--------
Trying to fight gravity on a planet that insists
Quote Reply
Re: 6th Annual December Running + Drinking Challenge [AndyPants] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
great job getting the miles in and breaking 200. yee haw! Take a rest day.

I built my mileage as fast as I dared and am ending the year injury free and feeling good.
Quote Reply
Re: 6th Annual December Running + Drinking Challenge [morey000] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I am up and ready to go at 8:30 EST, going to go XC skiing. Happy New Years to everyone. I'll go back and log my drinks for the past couple of days, nothing crazy though. Next year, back in the top 10 running!

Last edited by: QuadsofFURY: Jan 1, 13 5:40
Quote Reply
Re: 6th Annual December Running + Drinking Challenge [AndyPants] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
AndyPants wrote:
Yeah, 25 on the 25th and 31 on the 31st (plus the Margarita Mile at the Womens ST camp)... I like it!

AP

Wow, that is some serious stuff! Basically you did two marathons (and more) 6 days apart! Thanks for putting on this challenge. It help me get to my goal of 2600K for the year (50k per week).
Quote Reply
Re: 6th Annual December Running + Drinking Challenge [devashish_paul] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Close but not quite - kms not miles :-) Maybe next year though!

Great job everyone. Pretty impressed at the "fortitude" all around.

I'll post final results in a bit.

AP

------------------------
"How bad could it be?" - SimpleS
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Well - that was awesome! Helped me hit my yearly milage goal.

However - I did not escape part deux of the challenge unscathed. Just hit the scale for the first time in a month and managed to gain 6 lbs during the challenge. I'm guessing 3 of those are booze related and 3 are the 50 lbs of cookies and chocolate I ate this month, because hey, I'm running 200+ miles so what's the harm!?

Looking forward to next year.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Good show all! Had fun, more on the drinking side than the running. Hitting the trails for my long runs and then going skiing the last 3 days "making" me miss my last long run meant no 200 for me, but I knew it going in and was shooting for over 160 and was able to do that. I did get an unexpected 2 mile run (race snow shoes, loaded boot bag, skis over shoulder, 1700' in elevation gain) in that took A FREAKING HOUR!!! when the lift broke at the mountain I was going to ski at. On the drinking side, apres ski along with NYE helped keep my drinking total strong.

Next year, definitely over 200 as instead of Boston being focus, thinking of doing Rim to Rim to Rim <snicker snicker>. Drinking total will still be strong! Till next year...
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
AndyPants: I'm pretty sure Otto won it but I'm still waiting for you to post the final results.

SteelerGuy: Look for me at the Run to the Brewery, I'll be wearing Asphalt Green and probably an Ironman hat. I'm M40-45 and if it is warm enough to not wear tights I have little M-Dot tattoos that look like chain grease on my right calf. But a month of junk miles and drinking has slowed me down. I'm hoping for a 6:30MM for the race so I may be little slower than you.

Everyone else: I entered the Big Kahuna Challenge, figured if I cut my drinking down I'll time to ride and swim. Anyone else in?
Quote Reply
Re: 6th Annual December Running + Drinking Challenge [Bifff] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
what are yall talking about? the drinking challenge is over?! oops. hehe

Rattlesnake Blake
With the "Venom Enom"
Quote Reply
Re: 6th Annual December Running + Drinking Challenge [Rattlesnake] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Nope, 'training' is never done! I am on a quest to log my 'other' for all of 2013, and not just December. Preparing to be very disturbed by the results this time next year.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Oh boy! I can't wait. This could be some serious entertainment. Garmin needs something to track this so I don't have to manually upload!

Rattlesnake Blake
With the "Venom Enom"
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
My computer blue screened when I tried to write a program to estimate my annual "other"

Quote | Reply
Following up on a previous post in which I confessed to homebrewing without a frosty beverage in hand....

I transferred the brew to secondary fermentation today - with a beer in hand. All is right with the universe. At this point, the alcohol content has reached 6%. It won't gain much in the next stage. The tasted is excellent (even without the carbonation).

Did I miss posting of results?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Bifff, I'll keep an eye out for you after the race if they are not buried in a cup the entire time. I'll be the tall guy lined up near the front that a couple hundred people will stream around for the first quarter mile only to be passed back in the next three quarters as they pant and realize they are not going to hold 5 min/mi pace the entire race. :) Looks like it should be sunny but pretty crazy winds.
Quote Reply
Re: 6th Annual December Running + Drinking Challenge [steelerguy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Catfishing on Slowtwitch? The December Drinking/Running Challenge was great, I made some Slowtwitch online drinking buddies and training partners. We exchanged stories about our winter runs and drinking accomplishments. But I thought the posts on the forum were from real people. I was hoping to meet Steelerguy face to face at the 10 mile, Run to the Brewery, who I’ve had a few exchanges with, but I never found him. I really hope Steelerguy doesn’t have leukemia or more likely liver cirrhosis. I know he was probably just a little faster than me and the beer lines were crowded, but I now believe T’eo.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
This whole Te'o thing is blowing my cover! Here I am trying to wrangle up a bunch of Slowtwitch online running/drinking buddies with promises that I will actually meet them at a race...it was working splendidly until ol' Manti made his confession/admission/whatever the hell it is. Here is a picture of me though to keep you dreaming till next year... http://jackmccoyphotography.com/.../h52ba593c#h52ba59ba (See I was there! Even managed a lame ass smile as I realized my sprint at the end wasn't going to get me under 1:02:00) The only Asphalt Green person I saw was Peter Castro, who I ran with for a bit. Headed straight for the beer after the finish, was disappointed they didn't have Hoptical Illusion tapped, but the Pale Ale did the trick and the Winter was pretty good too. Looks like we both went home with pint glasses!
Quote Reply
Re: 6th Annual December Running + Drinking Challenge [steelerguy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yep I know Pete well, you should have asked him about me. I finished just under 1:06, but beat Pete to the beer tent. Nice race, but the post race spread and beer was the best I've seen at any race. Here is me: http://jackmccoyphotography.com/.../h52ba593c#h52ba64a8 (don't know why I look so relaxed) Asphalt Green shorts, shirt and I did have an AG hat on for most of the race. I didn't realize I was second in my age group, I was too busy drinking beer out of plastic cups. Would have been nice to upgrade the cup to an engraved pint mug. I really didn't expect to place in my age group when I finished 52nd overall so I didn't go the awards. Steelerguy I'm glad your alive and well, I was really worried about how another catfishing story would have played out in the media.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Since my accident I've been wondering what to do. Despite living on the water, haven't been in yet and haven't felt like running or riding much either. Luckily Little Miss Jr. Quads is road racing this year (and doing quite well) which has me on my bike at least a little.

So on July 1 I'm going to start training for this - to get back to my former glory of 2011. Starting with 18 miles/wk, and increasing by 1 mile each week. Figure by 2014 I'll be down 30 lbs. and winning the 7th annual challenge.

Quote | Reply
QuadsofFURY wrote:
Since my accident I've been wondering what to do. Despite living on the water, haven't been in yet and haven't felt like running or riding much either. Luckily Little Miss Jr. Quads is road racing this year (and doing quite well) which has me on my bike at least a little.

So on July 1 I'm going to start training for this - to get back to my former glory of 2011. Starting with 18 miles/wk, and increasing by 1 mile each week. Figure by 2014 I'll be down 30 lbs. and winning the 7th annual challenge.

Good to hear you're getting back to it. Best of luck!

Quote Reply

Prev Next