Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: 6th Annual December Running + Drinking Challenge [luckytotri] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
That blows! However, rule number 5 might need to be implemented for the drinking; not the running. We don't want this bug to settle into your chest :)

My serious push with drinking starts today. Family, family and more family. This should be interesting because they already judge me!!!

Susan Harrell
http://www.endurancezone.com

Quote Reply
Re: 6th Annual December Running + Drinking Challenge [seh] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Fuck them ;)

--------
Trying to fight gravity on a planet that insists
Quote Reply
Re: 6th Annual December Running + Drinking Challenge [devashish_paul] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I've checked my totals and the 200 isn't going to happen...not that I thought it would when I started, but it would have been nice. Going skiing next weekend, although I'll do some running in snowshoes, the mileage will be even lower than my trail running. My apres ski totals should be nice though...

Great challenge! Enjoying it even if my liver is crying for relief!
Quote Reply
Re: 6th Annual December Running + Drinking Challenge [AndyPants] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
3 marathons in 3 days. Next long run is a New Year's Day half, so Pretty sure the run challenge is what it is at this point for me. Better luck next year. (:

However. I'm off until January 3, so I'm about to give the drinking challenge hell.

Here it goes down...down into my belly. - Ron Burgandy

Rattlesnake Blake
With the "Venom Enom"
Quote Reply
Re: 6th Annual December Running + Drinking Challenge [Rattlesnake] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Best of luck!

I've got 72km to go, and 8 days to get there. It is well within reach. Oh, and already achieved the goal on the other side. Looks like Quads will summit some time today too.

"The runner-up John Dunbar, a US Navy Seal, led after the second transition and had a chance to win but ran out of water on the marathon course; his support crew resorted to giving him beer instead." -http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ironman_Triathlon
Quote Reply
Re: 6th Annual December Running + Drinking Challenge [otto] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Merry Christmas to my BC buds and all of the others on this thread. Looks like I've given up on running for a bit. We got dumped on this weekend AND the gym is closed AND my mother is staying in our workout room, so it looks like XC skiing and snowshoeing. Shoveled about 3,000 cubic feet of snow yesterday - does that count?

Quote | Reply
I've shoveled a couple times. I would say hell yes. Probly X 3. Lower back was smoked after that!

Rattlesnake Blake
With the "Venom Enom"
Quote Reply
Re: 6th Annual December Running + Drinking Challenge [Rattlesnake] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
If the shovelling isn't counting towards the drinking part of the challenge you aren't doing it right...
Quote Reply
Re: 6th Annual December Running + Drinking Challenge [AndyPants] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I've got no chance finishing anywhere near the top in the drinking challenge, but damned if my wife and I didn't try to make a comeback for her birthday the other night. We both had about 9-10 drinks, the most i've had in one sitting in quite a long time. So much that it took me out the entire next day, as I was huddled around the throne waiting to puke again.
Never again.... until next time :) Nope... too old to do that again!

@davempratt
Quote Reply
Re: 6th Annual December Running + Drinking Challenge [djastroman] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Had the family over for late lunch (massive pork loin roast yum yum with LOTS of wine) yesterday. The dog and I went for a late evening jingle bell run around the hood last night... gotta get in those k's any way you can ;-)

I hope everyone got spoiled by Santa. I got 25k on tap later today. Debating putting something interesting in the water bottle ;-)

AP

------------------------
"How bad could it be?" - SimpleS
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Mother nature hooked us up with a white Christmas here in the Berkshires. That made for a nice 5 mile scenic run through a winter wonderland. Perfect.

Plenty of drinking is still possible. I'm not far away from the top ten, and I might make it there with a strong push here until month end.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
A podium finish on either side is looking to be out of the question with a week to go but I am clinging to my dream of a top 10 finish on both sides. Going to take some serious effort to maintain the pace on the drinking side this week. I thought I was a 'heavy' drinker going into this and clearly I have found a higher level of competition that my local scene. This challenge has been fun... thanks again for running it every year.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Snap. Andypants is putting in a closing sprint in both challenges! I deemed myself doing well because I was slightly ahead of him...

My Blog | Twitter | Big Pistachio Racing Team
Quote Reply
Re: 6th Annual December Running + Drinking Challenge [cyberjunkie21] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
You mean her... :-)

It is looking like 200mi is going to be just as close as last year. Dang it.

AP

------------------------
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Snap. My bad. And that much more, wow she's kicking my butt. Well played. Well played...

:)

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
You're not going to let me slack off any of my drinking are you??? :)
I've got a 40th birthday party weekend coming up for a friend and I'm hoping that gives me a little more cushion for a top 10 finish!

Susan Harrell
http://www.endurancezone.com

Quote Reply
Re: 6th Annual December Running + Drinking Challenge [cyberjunkie21] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
cyberjunkie21 wrote:
Snap. My bad. And that much more, wow she's kicking my butt. Well played. Well played...

:)

Dude?! Where the hell have you been for the whole challenge? How did you not know? You need to have another drink.

--------
Quote Reply
Re: 6th Annual December Running + Drinking Challenge [luckytotri] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yup, exactly. Just truly not paying attention. Maybe my running is getting in the way of drinking. Fell off the dang treadmill this morning. Or maybe it's the other way around...

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Yikes! Hope you're ok.

AP, is really one of the coolest women on ST. It's easy to miss that she's a she. Not that being she-like isn't cool, it's just, well, who am I kidding, no, it's not cool.

--------
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Yeah, picked up some solid road rash on my knees, hip and elbow. Who the hell gets road rash from an indoor treadmill???

LOL "she-like"
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
cyberjunkie21 wrote:
Yeah, picked up some solid road rash on my knees, hip and elbow. Who the hell gets road rash from an indoor treadmill???

LOL "she-like"

Dude, we won't tell anyone...promise;)

--------
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
15" forecasted for the night...more shoveling and skiing and drinking in store. One of these days I'll actually run again.

Quote | Reply
Quads, I've been outta commission for 7 days with the worst virus I've had in my adult life. No running, no drinking for 7 days. I can't even say that about any of my pregnancies! But now it's...

Gaaaaaame Ooooooooonnnn.

OK, who am I kidding, I really don't even deserve to be on the same thread as you drinking wise, but because I'm a goal oriented kinda girl, I'm going to see what kinda damage I can manage in the last 7 days.

Don't call it a come back.

Cheers.

--------
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
luckytotri wrote:
Quads, I've been outta commission for 7 days... No running, no drinking for 7 days. I can't even say that about any of my pregnancies!

How did your kids turn out?? :-)

Last edited by: QuadsofFURY: Dec 26, 12 17:20
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Well, I am at the in-laws for dinner and they drink even more than me - so it will be a good addition to the Drink total tonight. Might have to wing another late run in the snow with the dog just for poops and giggles.

AP

------------------------
Quote Reply

Prev Next