Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: 6th Annual December Running + Drinking Challenge [eabecker] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
i see no penalty necassary. Its proof of over indulgence in a realm of people with high risk of over-indulgence tendencies.

never the less.... if you are able to keep track of that many drinks being that hammered, you are either:
- a lightweight and not able to drink enough to lose count..
- lying about the drinks when recording...(which im sure we all guesstimate to the best of our abilities sometimes)
OR mainly... need to focus more on the drinking process and put away the notepad. (:

Rattlesnake Blake
With the "Venom Enom"
Quote Reply
Re: 6th Annual December Running + Drinking Challenge [Rattlesnake] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
X2. No penalty needed. If you chuck, its already likely done the damage, and therefore counts.

"The runner-up John Dunbar, a US Navy Seal, led after the second transition and had a chance to win but ran out of water on the marathon course; his support crew resorted to giving him beer instead." -http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ironman_Triathlon
Quote Reply
Re: 6th Annual December Running + Drinking Challenge [otto] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Skipped the run and played in a charity basketball game this evening for the hospital against a team of cops, one of those times it is nice to be 6'2" 250lbs. I'll be feeling it tomorrow, but the margaritas after the game were a plus.

Quote | Reply
If it goes down the hatch, it's good. Not likely to upset the hierarchy anyway! Otto and Quads are probably not too concerned...

-Andrew
Quote Reply
Re: 6th Annual December Running + Drinking Challenge [AMT04] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
AMT04 wrote:
If it goes down the hatch, it's good. Not likely to upset the hierarchy anyway! Otto and Quads are probably not too concerned...

Oh, we may be concerned. Concerned about the state of our livers come January.

"The runner-up John Dunbar, a US Navy Seal, led after the second transition and had a chance to win but ran out of water on the marathon course; his support crew resorted to giving him beer instead." -http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ironman_Triathlon
Quote Reply
Re: 6th Annual December Running + Drinking Challenge [Bifff] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Bifff wrote:
Sounds good, I also missed it last year, it could have been due to injury or I could have been too hung over. My friends did race and say it's a fast course,.but my goal is to drink $35 worth of beer.

Got an email this morning that the race is about to fill, so if you have not signed up, now is the time: http://www.glirc.org/...ery_Ten_Mile_Run.php

It is definitely a fast and flat course, I ran 6 miles on streets just off the course last year and was able to manage a decent pace even coming off of injury. This year I'll be shooting for not much over an hour with the reason being to beat the lines and get as much Hoptical Illusion and RastafaRye before those kegs kick. We hung around till 11:30 or so last year and people were still drinking away...so drinking $35 in beer is easily within reach.
Quote Reply
Re: 6th Annual December Running + Drinking Challenge [QuadsofFURY] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
8.25km with the dawg, Bailey Coffee aid station, and then a 6.3km run to work. And a company Christmas shindig this afternoon. Gonna be a good numbers day.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
otto wrote:
AMT04 wrote:

Oh, we may be concerned. Concerned about the state of our livers come January.

You bring this up year after year, and I'm sure I get my blood work done more than 99% of the people on this forum, and the liver numbers are always spot on (despite non-alcohol related reasons for them to be messed up).

We are in a crazy bad weather pattern, and work is beyond stressful right now, so I'm likely to move way ahead in one challenge, way behind in another (unless I dig Mrs. Quad's treadmill out from the Christmas decoration overflow).

Everyone - have a great weekend!

Last edited by: QuadsofFURY: Dec 21, 12 15:17
Quote Reply
Re: 6th Annual December Running + Drinking Challenge [QuadsofFURY] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
It's an in-law weekend! Killed a 12pack writhing through a "party" tonight. Just informed gotta be at the father in laws girlfriend house to have lunch in her garage! I can't make this shit up...looks like I'll make gains in the drinking department this weekend.

-Stephen in Arkansas
Quote Reply
Re: 6th Annual December Running + Drinking Challenge [razorbacksteve] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
It is non-stop family, friends, and partying through the New Year. The push is here! The running is still happening...just with anger at my bloated fat ass.

Chris Harris
Quote Reply
Re: 6th Annual December Running + Drinking Challenge [razorbacksteve] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
How far away is the destination? Run there and then stand around in your sweaty gear drinking your self into complacency, then pass out in the car... win/win/win.

Going to be tough miles on this end for the next 5 days... no treadmill/foot of snow outside/rural area no plows. May have to log some miles in the snowshoes.
Quote Reply
Re: 6th Annual December Running + Drinking Challenge [TheRhino] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The 12 I just did in a snow squall was one of my top 5 hardest runs ever. My nightly beer loading probably didn't help any.

Chris Harris
Quote Reply
Re: 6th Annual December Running + Drinking Challenge [charris19] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I'm getting the XC skis out today, finally. No miles for me again, but it is nice to have some variety too.

Quote | Reply
I had the "night out with coworkers" on the bosses credit card last night so I logged some serious drinks. Off to log a pathetic ~10k with the dog and a massive hangover. Glad I am off work for 2 weeks now, I have 9 days left to log 120k.

AP

------------------------
"How bad could it be?" - SimpleS
Quote Reply
Re: 6th Annual December Running + Drinking Challenge [AndyPants] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
It's almost noon. I guess I can get cracking on today's drinking quota.

Chris Harris
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Rest day for me. Brewing beer, however. Let's get this started with a Baileys, Whisky and coffee.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I just poured myself a screwdriver...but you are three hours behind me time-wise and I have a ton of snow to shovel. Can't wait to get my next project - a 1956 Willys that someone traded to my uncle - going to get it running and throw a plow on the front in the winter.

Quote | Reply
Nice! Post hangover run had a coffee with some "43" in it - it's a Spanish liqueur I received from a supplier in Mexico earlier this year. Sweet, but not too sweet. Worked out nicely in the coffee. Now I must brew some beer - we're doing a grapefruit bitter today.

AP

------------------------
Quote Reply
Re: 6th Annual December Running + Drinking Challenge [AndyPants] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I read the damn "Anchorman II" thread in the LR, started to watch the original, heard "Cherry Cherry" then got out the acoustic and jammed Neil Diamond songs for three hours while drinking screwdrivers. There went a day....

Quote | Reply
mm mmm mmm I like scotch scotch in my belly

Watching Hot Shots! with the 9yo. while the boys set up the mill. She pulled an Uncle Buck on one of the boys and asked for his drivers license thru the mail slot. Bad 80s and 90s comedy movies are her bread & butter these days. :-)

AP

------------------------
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I should have joined this sooner, by now I have lost count of the drinking part. Poker night, busy time at work, I have been logging more drinks than miles.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I just checked in on my totals....if I can run 100K in the next 8 days (possible) then the 320k/200mile bar is in range. Let's see how the next few days play out.
Quote Reply
Re: 6th Annual December Running + Drinking Challenge [devashish_paul] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I'm in the same boat as you - I have 119k to go and won't be running today and likely not tomorrow. However, I've planned [# of kms = Day of the month] i.e.: 25k on the 25th; 26k on the 26th etc. with at least 2 rest days in there somewhere. So 5 days with 25+km each day gets me over the 200mi total. Last year I had to run 35k on the 31st just to crack the goal. I'd like to have a little more "room" this year :-).

AP

------------------------
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I don't think my biggest day will be above 20k but I don't have any planned days off running between now and Dec 31. Need to average 12k per day, so with snow and ice, that is just over 1 hour per day. Dec 31st will be either 16k or 26k.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Damn this virus! It's like morning sickness on steroids. No drinking or running for me for the last five days :/

I'm hopeful that I'll be able to make an end of the month rally, but, sadly, will probably not hit 200 this year. Damn it! The next question is will I be able to make up all these runs and still hit the 100/100.

Stay healthy gang. This fuckin sucks.

--------
Trying to fight gravity on a planet that insists
Quote Reply

Prev Next