Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: 6th Annual December Running + Drinking Challenge [otto] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
otto wrote:
Not quite giving it to him. I am just going by past year's experiences. Once he gets in 'the zone' and the vodka starts going down, its game over man, game over!

I shall try my best. ;)

Probably not this year. Got on the scale this morning, ouch. Think most of it is from the lifting (BF is going down) but still need to watch it a bit. Plus, the next week will be crazy at work so no weeknight festivities. You'll beat me pretty easily.

Quote | Reply
Ha! I think we're just both in denial from being stuck at the top of the list year after year! I'll drink to that. Cheers.

"The runner-up John Dunbar, a US Navy Seal, led after the second transition and had a chance to win but ran out of water on the marathon course; his support crew resorted to giving him beer instead." -http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ironman_Triathlon
Quote Reply
Re: 6th Annual December Running + Drinking Challenge [luckytotri] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks! Hell, if I can't run much because of my calf, at least I'll try and pony up on the drinking! And always willing to sit down for a few drinks.... Obviously :)

Susan Harrell
http://www.endurancezone.com

Quote Reply
Post deleted by Bifff [ In reply to ]
Re: 6th Annual December Running + Drinking Challenge [steelerguy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Sounds good, I also missed it last year, it could have been due to injury or I could have been too hung over. My friends did race and say it's a fast course,.but my goal is to drink $35 worth of beer. This challenge has really increased my volume but I haven't done much speed work, unless you count shots?
Quote Reply
Re: 6th Annual December Running + Drinking Challenge [QuadsofFURY] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I just checked on the running portion, glad to know you are down with me. I'm feeling better about myself with my standings on the drinking and running portions right now. I'm the female you ;-)

Susan Harrell
http://www.endurancezone.com

Quote Reply
Re: 6th Annual December Running + Drinking Challenge [seh] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
27k *** IN THE SNOW*** logged today beeyotches! Enjoying an Elysian Birfrost right now as recovery...

AP

------------------------
"How bad could it be?" - SimpleS
Quote Reply
Re: 6th Annual December Running + Drinking Challenge [AndyPants] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Ok, I have two suggestions for year 7 of this challenge:

1) Encourage participants to keep their bottles, cans, kegs etc and post weekly pics of the empties. Yeah, it smacks of a sophomoric beeramid, but who amongst us doesn't want to see it.

2) Have a predetermined celebratory race/party for the participants. The one at the NY brewery sounds promising, but it's kind of a haul for west coasters.

Just spitballin here..

--------
Trying to fight gravity on a planet that insists
Quote Reply
Re: 6th Annual December Running + Drinking Challenge [luckytotri] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Not bad... I think for #2 we could just have a "Day of Mourning" - for our LIVERS! And post pics of where ever we lay our liver to rest... ;-)

------------------------
Quote Reply
Re: 6th Annual December Running + Drinking Challenge [seh] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
seh wrote:
I just checked on the running portion, glad to know you are down with me. I'm feeling better about myself with my standings on the drinking and running portions right now. I'm the female you ;-)

You poor soul. I've had a couple of years in the top 10 of the running portion, but just knew it wasn't going to happen w/o injury this year, so I'm base building. The drinking portion though, I've been exercising great restraint for me!

And congrats on being the top OAF in the drinking portion. Beating Andypants is no easy feat.

Last edited by: QuadsofFURY: Dec 18, 12 18:49
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
There was some talk of having an ST Triathlon + Drinking Challenge at the Rev 3 1/2 at Cedar Point. Tough to get a more central location for the Americans and Canucks. Dunno whatever happened to that idea.

W/ respect to keeping the evidence, no way...my mom comes to visit every Christmas!

Quote | Reply
I am seriously trying to dial it back this year, as I just can't sacrifice my Comrades race in June. If it were only IM or Leadman, well.... all bets would be off ;-)

AP

------------------------
Quote Reply
Re: 6th Annual December Running + Drinking Challenge [QuadsofFURY] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
QuadsofFURY wrote:
There was some talk of having an ST Triathlon + Drinking Challenge at the Rev 3 1/2 at Cedar Point. Tough to get a more central location for the Americans and Canucks. Dunno whatever happened to that idea.

W/ respect to keeping the evidence, no way...my mom comes to visit every Christmas!

Looking at the current results, this sounds like a great idea. At least a handful of us would have a great night of drinking, followed by......well, who really cares anyway!

-Andrew
Quote Reply
Re: 6th Annual December Running + Drinking Challenge [AMT04] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
That's right, we were going to do the hangover half - unlike our Silverman hangover half or our Leadman hangover half or our... hmmm.... 2014??? ;-)

AP

------------------------
Quote Reply
Re: 6th Annual December Running + Drinking Challenge [AndyPants] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
AndyPants wrote:
That's right, we were going to do the hangover half - unlike our Silverman hangover half or our Leadman hangover half or our... hmmm.... 2014??? ;-)

AP

Or just about any half really. I'm down for 2014...but better plan for 2015.

Can we just make it AmZof 2014 and be done with it? Swimming with a hangover is never fun...

-Andrew
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I love AmZof and I endorse that plan.

AP

------------------------
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
No, you just want to be out in front of the main pack on the swim. Navigating through the vomit floaties is no fun. IIRC our plan was also a combined event, with points awarded for drinks consumed, and how late one stayed up pre-race. And then, the obvious rankings (above DNS) on race day.

edit: bonus points awarded for 'hair of the dog' aid?

"The runner-up John Dunbar, a US Navy Seal, led after the second transition and had a chance to win but ran out of water on the marathon course; his support crew resorted to giving him beer instead." -http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ironman_Triathlon
Last edited by: otto: Dec 19, 12 10:02
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
AMT04 wrote:

Can we just make it AmZof 2014 and be done with it? Swimming with a hangover is never fun...

I completely disagree with this statement. I actually excel at it...and last I checked this was a triathlon forum! Don't cut out my best event.

Quote | Reply
Exactly! Its a HANGOVER HALF. Not a Hangover-Du. Anybody can ride and run hungover. C'mon Man!

Quote Reply
Re: 6th Annual December Running + Drinking Challenge [otto] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
While I admire your collective pursuit of pain I think a much better time is crushing the half first and then staying up drinking all night. The half is just enough pain to put you on tilt but leave the door open to an epic night of debauchery. Chacun son gout I suppose.

This is a little OT but if anyone outside Ontario is wondering why it's so god damn hard to get good beer here there is some light reading here:

http://m.thestar.com/news/canada/politics/article/1304864

Feel sorry for us... I do.
Quote Reply
Re: 6th Annual December Running + Drinking Challenge [TheRhino] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
im with you on this one...why be miserable through a half when we can hammer it out and then drink all day/night? Then we would just have to worry about sleeping in and tylenol the next day. that seems win win.

Rattlesnake Blake
With the "Venom Enom"
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
and before anyone calls bullshit, im running (attempting) a triple marathon this weekend. Gotta up the actual running part of this challenge! although each night we will be maintaining the other part as well. (:

Rattlesnake Blake
With the "Venom Enom"
Quote Reply
Re: 6th Annual December Running + Drinking Challenge [Rattlesnake] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Wow, that's huge man. Make sure you post about it after.

No running yesterday or today. The snow was better than the icy slush for footing, and I'm OK with waiting until I'm off work to log more miles. Too many yummy treats at work these days though! Oh and my drink count is steadily coming back up the charts...

AP

------------------------
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
i hear that....theres freaking great food around every corner. 3 marathons might not even make a calorie deficit lately.

Rattlesnake Blake
With the "Venom Enom"
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I've had this question about the rules of this amazing challenge bopping around during the last couple of days of inactivity. Say one night you get pretty banged up, might even lose a couple of drinks from over indulging... What happens then? One heave takes off one drink? Two takes off two? etc. etc.

Now I know the typical ST response will be, "I remember my first beer..." "Learn how to drink," "Obviously your beer wasn't aero enough." Or something along those lines, but AndyPants how does that work? Honor system?

"Grind it til' you find it..."
Quote Reply

Prev Next