Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: 5th Annual December 200mi Running + Drinking Challenge [QuadsofFURY] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
It's finals week hereabouts, so I'm just hoping not to lose too much ground. But after Sunday... watch out, because I will have nothing better to do than long runs and excessive alcohol consumption!
Quote Reply
Re: 5th Annual December 200mi Running + Drinking Challenge [bluemostboth] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yep, I just gave one, now have to write one, and then final grades are due next Tuesday. Off until Jan. 27!

Quote | Reply
QuadsofFURY wrote:
I think we need a combination weight loss and drinking challenge! Down 10lbs in the last 12 days,and winning on the drinking side. Uh-oh, that might be a double whammy from Morey000

naw. no more criticism from me. you're an adult and can decide how to live your own life. 10lbs in 12 days is huge weight loss. Nearly 3000 calorie a day energy deficit. You must have a huge metabolism... or a tape worm that fancies beer. :)

my addiction (other than the chronic masturbation that AndyPants called me out on), is running right now.
Quote Reply
Re: 5th Annual December 200mi Running + Drinking Challenge [morey000] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
morey000 wrote:
QuadsofFURY wrote:
I think we need a combination weight loss and drinking challenge! Down 10lbs in the last 12 days,and winning on the drinking side. Uh-oh, that might be a double whammy from Morey000

naw. no more criticism from me. you're an adult and can decide how to live your own life. 10lbs in 12 days is huge weight loss. Nearly 3000 calorie a day energy deficit. You must have a huge metabolism... or a tape worm that fancies beer. :)

my addiction (other than the chronic masturbation that AndyPants called me out on), is running right now.

You better watch out! All that running could ruin your knees and hips. Not to mention the carpal tunnel in your wrist!

Admittedly I hit the bottle pretty hard last week, but I'm not the first person to ever lose a job and get drunk for the next couple of days. And beer is too fattening and filling, Vodka and Diet 7-up is the way to go.

Quote | Reply
i want everyone to know that im taking a hiatus from the challenge just to train and come back with a vengeance next year. I have been too busy training and drinking to be able (or even remember) to log my volume.

ok, seriously though.....I developed a slight ITB issue. Only biking and swimming for now. 2012 will be my year! be warned!

Rattlesnake Blake
With the "Venom Enom"
Quote Reply
Re: 5th Annual December 200mi Running + Drinking Challenge [morey000] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yeah you are logging a silly amount of miles... I had a good weekend but am feeling it in my feet and ankles. Had to get the BF to de-crunch my footies last night. Ouch.

AP

------------------------
"How bad could it be?" - SimpleS
Quote Reply
Re: 5th Annual December 200mi Running + Drinking Challenge [AndyPants] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
AndyPants wrote:
Yeah you are logging a silly amount of miles...

Yeah. More than I've ever in my life. I Had a 75 mi week, then backed down a bit. I'm staring down the barrel of RnR AZ in 4-1/2 weeks and I'm trying to beat my legs into submission before taper time. BQ is a fringe possibility, and I want to set myself up with as good a chance as I can and see how I feel come race day. If I miss it by 10 seconds, I want to make sure I can look back and feel confident that I gave my all in the training. All things considered- I'm feeling pretty good. Certainly fatigued and sometimes sore, but the drivetrain is all in operating order.

So- how does this contest work? 1mi run = 4pts and 1 drink = 1 pt? So a mile is worth 4x a drink?
Or are drinks and miles equal in value?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Actually, due for a scoring update, I'll try to do that tonight.

Basically, everyone gets a rank in each discipline which is essentially a % score of their total compared to the leader. So you leading the running gets you 100% there. Say you're at 30% of the top drinker's total, you get 30% there - then we average the two scores. Then we rank by highest average.

Make sense? I'm buried at work today, so if someone else wants to drop the data into Excel and run the calcs, go fer it.

AP

------------------------
Quote Reply
Re: 5th Annual December 200mi Running + Drinking Challenge [AndyPants] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Oh. I get it now.
Damn- I better tip back a few more, as apparently I can't just run away with this one. I'm getting toasted by Ironeric.
Just like Tri's, it's the well-rounded competitor that wins.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Okay, guys. I'm procrastinating, so here's a spreadsheet of everyone's rank - I think I did it right.
http://imgur.com/s7ryC

The top 5, according to my calculations:
1. otto
2. quadsoffury
3. bluemostboth :)
4. morey000
5. ironeric2010

From now on, it looks like my strategy should be to drink as much as possible and run every once in a while. ;) Let me know if I got your numbers wrong - I didn't include anyone who has 0 miles for running.
Quote Reply
Re: 5th Annual December 200mi Running + Drinking Challenge [bluemostboth] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Crap....have been giving my liver a break since the binge this weekend. Gonna have to pick it back up. 10 miles + 10 drinks per day from now till end of year? Ugh....
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Damn, I forgot to put my drinks in for the past two nights. Going to try for 9-10 miles today. Probably shouldn't but I'm heading to Ottawa soon with Mrs. Quads and it's kind of a tradition for me to get up early, run the second half of the mary course, then meet up with her at breakfast.

Quote | Reply
Damn. the drinkers are winning.

And I just strained my left gastoc. could be down for a couple days.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
morey000 wrote:
Damn. the drinkers are winning.

And I just strained my left gastoc. could be down for a couple days.

And you said we may have a problem. This competition is all about consistency on both sides of the field. Well OK, Quads and I are blowing away the field in one area. Honorable mention to OneGoodLeg, thebighorse424, and mmason.

Since you're out of commission for a bit (too much running will do that to you), maybe you should do some catching up on the drinking side? :P

"The runner-up John Dunbar, a US Navy Seal, led after the second transition and had a chance to win but ran out of water on the marathon course; his support crew resorted to giving him beer instead." -http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ironman_Triathlon
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
bluemostboth wrote:
Okay, guys. I'm procrastinating, so here's a spreadsheet of everyone's rank - I think I did it right.
http://imgur.com/s7ryC

The top 5, according to my calculations:
1. otto
2. quadsoffury
3. bluemostboth :)
4. morey000
5. ironeric2010

From now on, it looks like my strategy should be to drink as much as possible and run every once in a while. ;) Let me know if I got your numbers wrong - I didn't include anyone who has 0 miles for running.

Looks good to me. ;)

Will be trying to log as many kms as possible over the next couple days, but as Christmas approaches, the other side of the challenge will start ramping up as well. I've been 'going easy' thus far. No corporate Christmas parties this year, need to make up the numbers elsewhere.

"The runner-up John Dunbar, a US Navy Seal, led after the second transition and had a chance to win but ran out of water on the marathon course; his support crew resorted to giving him beer instead." -http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ironman_Triathlon
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Looks good. I had missed a few drinks, so I hope I'm getting closer to the top 5 now ;-)

AP

------------------------
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Dang, only 8th still!

Name Dist. ↑ % Rank Drinks % Drunk Average otto 115.55 53% 119 92% 72.03% duffman 180.09 82% 74 57% 69.40% bluemostboth 157.94 72% 82 63% 67.44% QuadsofFURY 73.87 34% 130 100% 66.79% ironeric2010 166.97 76% 74 57% 66.41% morey000 219.97 100% 42 32% 66.15% mmason 145.81 66% 83 64% 65.07% AndyPants 153.5 70% 68 52% 61.04% mck414 206.96 94% 12 9% 51.66% OneGoodLeg 25.43 12% 108 83% 47.32% tower 206.8 94% 0 0% 47.01% duthemath 172.03 78% 16 12% 45.26% FatteLatte 123.21 56% 42 32% 44.16% thebighorse424 11.27 5% 108 83% 44.10% trislayer 142.91 65% 29 22% 43.64% Zoom_zoom_Ben 155.7 71% 13 10% 40.39% arkmann 148.83 68% 17 13% 40.37% OldAndInTheWay 175.48 80% 0 0% 39.89% Borden 135.25 61% 18 14% 37.67% Lacticbath 163.83 74% 0 0% 37.24% CPT Chaos 158.39 72% 0 0% 36.00% dirtydan 98.17 45% 34 26% 35.39% banger 122.47 56% 16 12% 33.99% pjohn 141.62 64% 0 0% 32.19% coloradoveto 122.31 56% 4 3% 29.34% sbmorris 126.22 57% 0 0% 28.69% Mr. Blonde 49.89 23% 39 30% 26.34% devashish_paul 112 51% 0 0% 25.46% ssn759co 32.35 15% 47 36% 25.43% aftereffector 93.04 42% 0 0% 21.15% Ultrairongeek 82.16 37% 0 0% 18.68% Purple1 81.43 37% 0 0% 18.51% DTV 61.53 28% 11 8% 18.22% keone 12.96 6% 17 13% 9.48% tmcg 17.7 8% 0 0% 4.02% mike@wahoo 10.94 5% 0 0% 2.49% ubpver 10.22 5% 0 0% 2.32% jojodfd 0 0% 5 4% 1.92% runningman75 8.2 4% 0 0% 1.86% Rattlesnake 0 0% 0 0% 0.00% NCCRunner 0 0% 0 0% 0.00% cmtri 0 0% 0 0% 0.00%

------------------------
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I'm out. Enjoy the season and please take of yourselves. See you at the races. -JD

JD
Quote Reply
Re: 5th Annual December 200mi Running + Drinking Challenge [duthemath] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
This weekend was a complete write off - for running. Very disappointed, however, life just got in the way. It happens. Tomorrow is the start of a new week, perhaps this one will be more productive...

AP

------------------------
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Epic running and drinking yesterday. I'm back in the game.

I have to take today off for recovery (from both activities).
Quote Reply
Re: 5th Annual December 200mi Running + Drinking Challenge [trislayer] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Nicely done. Back in the saddle today, can feel those two days off.

AP

------------------------
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Just discovered Tequila, diet Sprite, splash of OJ, and a splash of Pineapple. Just about to finish my second liter since Friday PM. YUM! Gotta love the Mixology App.

Christmas and football took up too much of the weekend to run though. Plus, the weather has just been horrible up here.

Quote | Reply
Oh man that sounds YUM (OK I'm not a fan of diet drinks so I might go soda instead). Yeah football is good for trainer rides or drinking beer - not so much running. It is the only time I would seriously consider running on the treadmill tho.... used to do those 3-4hr trainer rides (ride a game, race the commercials haha), imagine the miles doing a 3-4hr treadmill run. Oh wait, that sounds more like hell....

AP

------------------------
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
ugh...down with a christmas cold. Now at least I have an excuse for getting spanked.
hopefully the cold will pass in a couple of days, but its going to derail my 200 miles in december plan I suspect.
Quote Reply
Re: 5th Annual December 200mi Running + Drinking Challenge [ironeric2010] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
That's the same thing that knocked me out of the 200 goal and challenge. I was out for 5 days and missed some long runs. Get well soon and you can always join the 100/100 game!
Quote Reply

Prev Next