Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: 2024 World Triathlon Championship Series Yokohama [scenicRoute] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Have no idea about Knibb, Gwen got lucky from the last group and merged up to the 2 minute group, but it is big. Podium is definitely coming from that lead break, German has been sitting on the whole time, so look for her deep into the run. Duffy is fighting like her old self, just dont know what to expect from her run, same with Spivey..
Quote Reply
Re: 2024 World Triathlon Championship Series Yokohama [monty] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Small chase group has done well to stay just a minute back, all the rest in one big group 2 minutes in the rears. Gwen should be getting a lot of rest these last 4 or so laps, but 2 minutes behind 20 gals in front is a big ask..

My pick 3 is still alive, all in that lead group..Was going to go with Lindeman, but put her 4th. But she has gotten away with very little work on the front, and she can run, especially when fresh
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Do have to say Knibb is riding the dumbest race I have ever seen her do, and anyone else too. She has either dangled off the back 4 lengths, or been on the front just pulling everyone on her wheel. Maybe she is playing possum for the big race coming up later, that all I can think of as a strategy here
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
monty wrote:
Have no idea about Knibb, Gwen got lucky from the last group and merged up to the 2 minute group, but it is big. Podium is definitely coming from that lead break, German has been sitting on the whole time, so look for her deep into the run. Duffy is fighting like her old self, just dont know what to expect from her run, same with Spivey..

Ali Brownlee would never let Lindeman get away with that. To her credit she’s very skilled at sitting in the middle.
Quote Reply
Re: 2024 World Triathlon Championship Series Yokohama [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I really hope the Brits select Waugh for Paris so that we can see this matchup with Lombardi for another cycle. They might lose her to middle distance racing if she gets left off.
Quote Reply
Re: 2024 World Triathlon Championship Series Yokohama [ajthomas] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
What if Kasper podium, oh boy that will really out USTA in a tough spot.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Terrible transitions for Knibb. She does remember this isn’t Ironman… is Kasper making her case for selection? Would feel terrible for her if she finishes 4th behind Knibb
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I wonder if going down the straight away if Knibb would pass KK for 3rd. Doubt it will come down to that
Quote Reply
Re: 2024 World Triathlon Championship Series Yokohama [scenicRoute] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Ya Knibb is a bit of a head scratcher. Like I said, the only thing that makes sense is she is playing possum, or she has Rappaport disease and really is just that shitty of a transitioner and bike tactician

But dam the girl can run, got herself in contention for the podium thus far..
Quote Reply
Re: 2024 World Triathlon Championship Series Yokohama [dalava] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
dalava wrote:
What if Kasper podium, oh boy that will really out USTA in a tough spot.

I don’t think so. I think she’s a deserving candidate.
Quote Reply
Re: 2024 World Triathlon Championship Series Yokohama [ajthomas] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Damn the French are going to come into Paris might hot on the men's and women's side. Periault is flying!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Not saying she’s not at all, just the narrative so far has been knob aq, Spivey, and then GJ or KZ. Now Kasper is also in the picture.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I Hope spivey gets on the podium.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Ya Spivey in clear 4th now, but well back from Knibb at this point. It would be super cool if Knibb had enough sense and spivey was just a bit back, to let her take the spot. She could get one hell of a domestic for a gesture like that..
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Think we see Gwen at T100 SF?

COME ON SPIVEY!
Last edited by: Lagoon: May 10, 24 20:00
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
dalava wrote:
I Hope spivey gets on the podium.

Yeah I’m really pulling for her.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Spivey is going to be 10 down at the u turn.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Really hope if Spivey gets a gap Knibb will slow up, but with Kasper right behind her I don’t see it happening
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
IF Spivey doesnt get the pic after this, I give up. Go be a Canadian like your mom, the US team doesnt deserve you..

Kasper is fighting hard, so really between here and KZ at this point, all on KZ and her showing at Calagri.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Nice of Lombardi to ask Spivey if that was her quali.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Not a good day for Gwen.

After this performance why would anyone pick her?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Spivey is in for sure
Quote Reply
Re: 2024 World Triathlon Championship Series Yokohama [Lagoon] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
They should put Spivey on the team right now, and let her start getting ready for the games, no more bullshit. She is the pick for the relay anyway, just make it official. Great race from Kasper, she has come a long way this season. Beat some big names today, this was not a soft field by any means.. Duffy looked good, just has to punch up her run a bit, get a break of 5 or so to stick and she is a threat once again..
Quote Reply
Re: 2024 World Triathlon Championship Series Yokohama [TulkasTri] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
TulkasTri wrote:
Not a good day for Gwen.

After this performance why would anyone pick her?

I’m answering your question, not telling you I’d take her: Because she had one of the fastest run of the day?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
monty wrote:
They should put Spivey on the team right now, and let her start getting ready for the games, no more bullshit. She is the pick for the relay anyway, just make it official.
100%

I have no idea how/when they make that announcement, but it should absolutely be made ASAP and certainly before Cagliari though I doubt that will happen.
Quote Reply

Prev Next