Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: 2024 World Triathlon Championship Series Yokohama [MrTri123] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
She needs to be top 3 and top American unless it’s Knibb who beats her

I think that’s Gwen —- sitting in 10th?
Quote Reply
Re: 2024 World Triathlon Championship Series Yokohama [MrTri123] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
MrTri123 wrote:
Watching now

So what does Gwen need to do to go to Paris?

Top 3 American

OR needs a podium as well?

She needs to be on the podium with no American not named Taylor Knibb in front of her.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I believe she must podium.
Quote Reply
Re: 2024 World Triathlon Championship Series Yokohama [ajthomas] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Super excited to watch this one - been waiting all day for work to end, grocery shopping, dinner made...ready to go! Big Gwen fan here. Taylor K. is really hammering this first lap out front on the swim!
Quote Reply
Re: 2024 World Triathlon Championship Series Yokohama [ajthomas] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
ajthomas wrote:
She needs to be top 3 and top American unless it’s Knibb who beats her

I think that’s Gwen —- sitting in 10th?

Ha - now I think she might be near the back. Forget it… wait until splits…
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
She's 22 sec back.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
22sec back. She really needs to hold the Waugh group
Quote Reply
Re: 2024 World Triathlon Championship Series Yokohama [scenicRoute] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
And hope Duffy is in the same group
Quote Reply
Re: 2024 World Triathlon Championship Series Yokohama [dalava] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Knibb is really drilling it. I feel like the gaps going to double…
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
And Duffy… that’s a surprise
Quote Reply
Re: 2024 World Triathlon Championship Series Yokohama [dalava] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
She was down 15s in the first loop but was suddenly down 4s at the end. Gwen was down 19s at the first loop and 38s at the end.
Quote Reply
Re: 2024 World Triathlon Championship Series Yokohama [runningeconomy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Front group has 18 / 3 Americans - kasper Knibb spicey
Quote Reply
Re: 2024 World Triathlon Championship Series Yokohama [runningeconomy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Gwen and Klamer barely hanging in second group
Last edited by: ajthomas: May 10, 24 18:43
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Well I think we can call this one, good size lead group with all the hammers. Knibb is sitting on thus far, maybe waiting, looking for a spot, working for Gwen??? Spivey looks good, taking pulls with Duffy. Could be neither of them can run, who knows, but they sure can swim and bike..

Gwen 40 seconds down in the water and going backwards
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Gwen is in the 4th group over a minute down… tough to see it coming back together
Quote Reply
Re: 2024 World Triathlon Championship Series Yokohama [scenicRoute] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I feel really bad for Rappaport, she cannot even hang onto the back of a group of 4. That group is riding well, but they will lose steam with so few doing all the work..
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
King took a really hard pull and looked like the lead group was going to splinter, so some weak riders in there for sure. Just a matter of time, would be good to get all the Americans and maybe 6 more off in a split..
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Ouch 1:20 back now

For sure front pack swim is definitely more important in draft legal

No Sam Long type come from behind here that’s for sure
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
One lap on the bike and Gwen is down 40(1;20 total) more seconds and drifting back a group. Rappaport is fading back too, now down a minute from the swim finish. So up to the other 3 to hold the flag, so much on the line for two of them!!!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
wow!! Duffy, Kingma forced a 5 woman break, think spivey is near but Knibb holding back still..Whats her game today??
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
back together with a casualty or two now gone. But shows great strength in the attacks, and some weakness in the ladies sitting on.. Time to position well, something is going to happen to this group, and soon I bet. Maybe Knibb is biding her time for a late attack before the run, but she needs to make the small breaks to be able to do that, she almost got caught out on the lsat one
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Spivey on the front pushing the pace now, Duffy and Kingma are also putting a lot of hard pulls. They either need to get organized, or someone needs to attack and get a managable group. Too many passengers, including Knibb
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Shit, king with a flat, so now that means she will be pulling the back group instead of pushing the front one out further...Bad luck for sure
Quote Reply
Re: 2024 World Triathlon Championship Series Yokohama [monty] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Duffy is pushing it. Not sure what knibb is doing but I’ve noticed she did that a few times in previous races.
Quote Reply
Re: 2024 World Triathlon Championship Series Yokohama [monty] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Is Knibb just bored on this bike? Off the back eating and then attacking on the front… not sure it’s a good race strategy but she’s just here for the practice so why not practice attacking on the bike?
Quote Reply

Prev Next