Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: 2016 Specialized Allez Sprint [pyrahna] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
They showed a graph which showed aero numbers for the different bikes. The Sprint was right there with the old Venge.. What was interesting was the new Venge. Zero Yaw/head on the new Venge and the Shiv TT had basically identical numbers. But as the yaw angle increased to 20 degrees, it actually become more aero than Shiv TT by a healthy margin.

I'll be honest, I've never been a real specialized fan. But I left with a new found respect for the amount of R&D and engineering that they described to us and why they did certain things. From what they did with the Venge and Sprint, to the testing and design of the new shoes, to putting Cavendish's entire lead out train in the wind tunnel, to putting Cav in the tunnel with Greipel sized riders behind him to figure out what position worked best to disrupt Greipel's airflow. Pretty cool stuff.
Quote Reply
Re: 2016 Specialized Allez Sprint [shaneh] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
OK...WHO HAS ONE? I'd like to know if I wanted to get the anodized alum. from w/black fork, what would the 'total' difference in cost be?
Quote Reply
Re: 2016 Specialized Allez Sprint [ifp123] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I doubt anyone does. No estimated dates yet for shipment as of today.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I was told eta is early December for complete bikes, framesets sometime early 2016.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
pyrahna wrote:
Quote:
Mark said that aero numbers on the Sprint are as good or better than the first generation Venge.

I would love to see a whitepaper or at least confirmation from Mark or Chris Yu on this fact!

More and more the Allez Sprint is looking like it will be my race bike for '16.

Sorry been crankin' pretty hard on projects and haven't gotten to a whitepaper....yes, the Allez Sprint is about the same drag as a gen1 Venge in low yaw. In crosswind, it doesn't sail as well so it's not quite as fast as gen 1 Venge. Suit it up with an aerofly and you've got a pretty bitchin' bike.

And to those that just called out the marketing as BS or unsubstantiated - hey, we're doing our best but can't hit every channel all the time. The numbers are all legit and the aero team here on ST can run the deltas of a bike the drops CdA on the order of 0.015 m^2 versus a traditional competitor - this definitely is on the order of more than a bike length in a 200m sprint.

Mark

--
Mark Cote
MITAerobike
Specialized Bicycle Components
Quote Reply
Re: 2016 Specialized Allez Sprint [MITaerobike] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Will there be a frame that's compatible with a front derailleur? 1x system on a road bike isn't for everyone.
Quote Reply
Re: 2016 Specialized Allez Sprint [vfxmarlon] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yes, it's on its way but a few months out....no defined timing yet

--
Mark Cote
MITAerobike
Specialized Bicycle Components
Quote Reply
Re: 2016 Specialized Allez Sprint [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Any new information on availability?
Quote Reply
Re: 2016 Specialized Allez Sprint [Ahillock] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
They are available in foreign markets already. Specialized is really trying to push the 1x stuff here.

Heath Dotson
HD Coaching:Website |Twitter: 140 Characters or Less|Facebook:Follow us on Facebook
Quote Reply
Re: 2016 Specialized Allez Sprint [Ex-cyclist] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I've not seen any availability or pricing in the UK as yet.
Quote Reply
Re: 2016 Specialized Allez Sprint [aw3] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
If you look at the Asian market they are being sold there.

Heath Dotson
HD Coaching:Website |Twitter: 140 Characters or Less|Facebook:Follow us on Facebook
Quote Reply
Re: 2016 Specialized Allez Sprint [Ex-cyclist] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Does anyone know if the frame will be Di2 capable?

Ex-cyclist wrote:
They are available in foreign markets already. Specialized is really trying to push the 1x stuff here.

Thanks.

Any ideas when they will start being sold in the USA market? I'll need to do a gear ratio calculation, but the 48x11/32 looks like it should cover most gears fairly well.
Quote Reply
Re: 2016 Specialized Allez Sprint [Ahillock] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I've ordered this polished aluminum frame, building it up with the featured SRAM components, Zipp 404's, Rotor 50 tooth narrow/wide Q-ring. Any suggestions to 'bling' it out?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I'd guess a polished silver bike pretty much defines bling, maybe just ride it really fast
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
ifp123 wrote:
I've ordered this polished aluminum frame, building it up with the featured SRAM components, Zipp 404's, Rotor 50 tooth narrow/wide Q-ring. Any suggestions to 'bling' it out?

Have you had a chance to ride it yet? As anyone else ridden one yet? Seems to be a lack of reviews out there. Still looks like an interesting option.

2x version of the bike should be out soon from what I have read online.
Quote Reply
Re: 2016 Specialized Allez Sprint [burninglegs] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I really love mine. I was surprised at how much of an improvement it was over my Soloist team. The bike jumps really well, and it takes some of the road buzz out. The overall feeling is a really solid and nice handling bike. I can't say enough good things about the SRAM 1x system either, really solid shifting and it is eerily quiet.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Do you have any experience on a Cannondale CAAD to compare it to?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I have seen them, looked them over, but haven't ridden them. On aesthetics I'll take my Allez Sprint any day of the week.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Have any pictures to share? The Specialized/press pictures sure make it look nice.

What tubes have an aero profile to them? Seat tube and down tube?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
They are definitely pretty in person. I can't wait for whatever 2017 model comes out (will be a 2016 carryover i'm sure with different paint options) and I can get a '16 on sale. I definitely want to add it to my collection of Allez/Tarmacs.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
The top half of the seat tube is def an airfoil. The seat post itself is off the Venge ViAS. The down tube is really reminiscent of Cervelo's latest squoval design. i.e. a rounded front edge and a flatter back edge. Aero appears to not have been the #1 priority, responsiveness, and handling appear to have been the primary priorities. It seems like they made things as aero as they could with those priorities. Overall it makes a great bike but it isn't as fast in a straight line as a ViAS. But I'm not signing up my check book to dive a ViAS into the last corner of a crit either :)

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Looks very nice. Thanks for sharing.

I have yet to see one in person. The local Specialized dealers don't stock it and have told me they don't plan to stock it because it is "too expensive of an aluminum frame" and they would rather stock the low end Venge and Tarmac at the Allez Sprint price point. Don't really understand that completely, but it is what it is. If I get one, I'll have to order it sight unseen.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I ordered it sight unseen and the dealer was told I ended up getting one of the first shipments. In a spate of bad luck it arrived while I was out of town for the week on business, then when I got back I got a nasty cold and didn't ride at all that week. So this bike has been sitting there taunting me for a solid 2 weeks and I started to get some doubts about whether or not it was going to be any better than my Cervelo Soloist Team, and if I would be able to notice anything. The first ride eliminated any concerns, the bike is smooth and fast. Well exceeded all my expectations.
Quote Reply
Re: 2016 Specialized Allez Sprint [jhoj] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Chris has posted this:
https://scontent-ord1-1.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xpf1/t31.0-8/12615442_10153425536323325_7880431141166838030_o.jpg
Possibly the best color combo ever!
Last edited by: swimfan: Feb 5, 16 13:26
Quote Reply
Re: 2016 Specialized Allez Sprint [swimfan] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
It looks good but unfortunately Bianchi own that color combo!

Ironic, given how litigious Specialized are when it comes to other people getting too close to their trademarks!
Last edited by: aw3: Feb 5, 16 14:23
Quote Reply

Prev Next