Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: 2015 Ironman 70.3 - St. Louis [Barkeep] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The roads in and around this area are in pretty good shape, one potential road is less than 2 years old and in great shape (poured concrete, smooth as butter). Roads are not chip-seal, but actual paving. You could see anything from farmland to tree lined roads. Not a heavily industrial area. The route would probably be more residential than KS, but it would be pretty hard to be less. Options available could make this a pretty nice ride. But, as for flat vs. hilly, it really depends on which way they go, both options are available and close.
Quote Reply
Re: 2015 Ironman 70.3 - St. Louis [TriWithT1] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
TriWithT1 wrote:
I did Branson the first year it was held and again last year when it was Rev3.

Such a perfect race location and course. The bike is killer, but how often do you get to roll on a closed 4 lane highway?

Fantastic place for a race and a little family vacation for sure.

Totally agree with this. Flat but HIGH ENERGY run through the landing and finish. My kids hung out at the funnel cake kiosk and watched me run by a few times. One of my favorite courses, can't understand why it couldn't draw more people...... wait, over 5,000 feet of climbing on the bike....bunch of flat land p___ies can't deal with a few hills and can't deal with not going sub 5, sub 6 on a 70.3 OK rant over.
Quote Reply
Re: 2015 Ironman 70.3 - St. Louis [TrierinKC] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Branson was awesome! Once a person just rides conservatively on those hills, the run is a piece of cake, since it's all flat. Like someone else said, how often do you get to roll on a closed four lane highway? It was well organized, the volunteers were outstanding, swim was sweet. Sure wish someone would bring it back.
Quote Reply
Re: 2015 Ironman 70.3 - St. Louis [jph437] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I'd say it's a safe bet that KS 70.3 is no more based on this new race:

http://www.legendtri.com/
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
The largest medal in the world!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Barkeep wrote:
I'd say it's a safe bet that KS 70.3 is no more based on this new race:

http://www.legendtri.com/[/quote
What new race? Is something listed somewhere for St. Louis? I still see kansas on the website and nothing about St. Louis.
Quote Reply
Re: 2015 Ironman 70.3 - St. Louis [jbinkc08] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I think he was just suggesting that since this race is the same date at the same place, that Kansas 70.3 would no longer exist.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I am just looking for a link to something official about this new St. Louis race. I live in Kansas City and am trying to plan out my 2015 schedule so I would like to know if this race is really going to happen. I don't mind going to a new venue, just wan to know!
Quote Reply
Re: 2015 Ironman 70.3 - St. Louis [jbinkc08] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I live in (near) St. Louis and want to know too!!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
There has been no announcement yet, but it should be any day now. With the strong rumors, the Legend Tri site going live, it seems like all the wheels are in motion. The Legend Site is more than a placeholder page...there was some prep done in getting it live, which would indicate that things are moving behind the scenes pretty well. I would think something would go live in the next 2 weeks (actually any day) registration would start very soon.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
TriWithT1 wrote:

It will be hard to top this one....3.3 lbs

"Good genes are not a requirement, just the obsession to beat ones brains out daily"...the Griz
Quote Reply
Re: 2015 Ironman 70.3 - St. Louis [dprocket] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hope the announcement for St. Louis happens soon.

I'd love to be able to book end the season with Boulder 70.3 and this one in the fall.
Quote Reply
Re: 2015 Ironman 70.3 - St. Louis [mbb2486] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Rode around the lake last night after my first MTB visit to Bootleggers run. Looking out upon the lake I was trying to figure out if they could make the swim one loop. What do you think?
Quote Reply
Re: 2015 Ironman 70.3 - St. Louis [TJ56] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
TJ56 wrote:
Rode around the lake last night after my first MTB visit to Bootleggers run. Looking out upon the lake I was trying to figure out if they could make the swim one loop. What do you think?

I would think so. Pretty big lake.
Quote Reply
Re: 2015 Ironman 70.3 - St. Louis [stringcheese] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
They are big for sure
Have 3 years of them

stringcheese wrote:
TriWithT1 wrote:

It will be hard to top this one....3.3 lbs
Quote Reply
Re: 2015 Ironman 70.3 - St. Louis [Kylebutler] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Weekend bump.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply

Quote Reply
Re: 2015 Ironman 70.3 - St. Louis [chonser] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Any confirmation on the date?

StL in June could be quite awful. But that is the hometown and would have to do it. That route looks pretty hilly as well.
Last edited by: mbb2486: Oct 29, 14 7:08
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I'm good with a hilly bike... as long as it's followed by a nice, flat, shaded run. Hello Creve Coeur Lake!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I thought they'd take the bike course through Sunset Hills. Really a missed opportunity there.
http://www.stltoday.com/...d7-400161fb713e.html

I wonder if that professor from St Louis will be volunteering at this event and then sue WTC?

TrainingBible Coaching
http://www.trainingbible.com
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Just saw a big package on the local NBC station about "the Ironman Corporation eyeing St. Louis". They barely - and I mean BARELY - mentioned that it would be a Half. Didn't really confirm anything, but mentioned that the Kansas contract was up and that they typically sign a 3 year contract.

The spot featured a local triathlete running at Creve Coeur Lake.

So..... I didn't learn anything more than I've read here. ;-)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I saw it too.
http://www.ksdk.com/...n-eyes-stl/18159509/

"Wow, are you a triathlete?"
If spoken by a non-swimmer, that's a compliment. When spoken by a swimmer.... -glitch
My wife's blog http://www.hostilewit.com
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
With the latest email from ultramax we know this race will not be replacing the quartermax (70.3) which has been held at Innsbrook in June.

"Want to test your improvement throughout the season join us for the Quartermaxand Octomax Triathlon(s) on June 27th and then again in September for the Championship Weekend!"
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
It would be nice if they picked a late May weekend so that it was wetsuit legal and hopefully cooler. Plus they also wouldn't step on other local tris in late June but I guess that is what they are know for doing.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Quartermax is an olympic distance event. Their Halfmax race is the 70.3 distance.

jph437 wrote:
With the latest email from ultramax we know this race will not be replacing the quartermax (70.3) which has been held at Innsbrook in June.

"Want to test your improvement throughout the season join us for the Quartermaxand Octomax Triathlon(s) on June 27th and then again in September for the Championship Weekend!"
Quote Reply

Prev Next