Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: 2015 Cervelo line-up [coates_hbk] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
That P5 is so UGLY. What in the world were they thinking!

Make Inside Out Sports your next online tri shop! http://www.insideoutsports.com/
Quote Reply
Re: 2015 Cervelo line-up [notaero] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Out of curiosity where did you get these from? While I'm sure everyone will comment on the atrocity that is the P5 (I'll hold my opinion till I see it in person) I'm curious if there are any details on a new S5.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Someone should tell the graphic designer that the chainstays are one of the dirtiest places on the bike and having them white is really daft.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
did the store owner share a possible release date?
Quote Reply
Re: 2015 Cervelo line-up [pyrahna] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
pyrahna wrote:
Out of curiosity where did you get these from? While I'm sure everyone will comment on the atrocity that is the P5 (I'll hold my opinion till I see it in person) I'm curious if there are any details on a new S5.

Every year Cervelo releases new color schemes and every year people say they are ugly and yet every triathlon you go to they are still the most popular brand :)

Rodney
TrainingPeaks | Altra Running | RAD Roller
http://www.goinglong.ca
Quote Reply
Re: 2015 Cervelo line-up [coates_hbk] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I am slightly biased, but I think that my 2013 P3 Classic nailed the paint job.
Quote Reply
Re: 2015 Cervelo line-up [cyclenutnz] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
+1

Mike
Quote Reply
Re: 2015 Cervelo line-up [rbuike] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
rbuike wrote:
pyrahna wrote:

Every year Cervelo releases new color schemes and every year people say they are ugly and yet every triathlon you go to they are still the most popular brand :)

The fact that a lot of people are willing to buy a great bike despite the paint scheme is nothing new. The schemes are better than they were when the P4 was first released, and the S5, I will say that. I do like how my NP3 looks. These new shots above... who the HELL would put a bunch of white on the BOTTOM of the bike, near the greasy, filthy road, right next to the drivetrain, and where it's hard to clean? If anything, make the top tube white...

The point is, ladies and gentleman, that speed, for lack of a better word, is good. Speed is right, Speed works. Speed clarifies, cuts through, and captures the essence of the evolutionary spirit.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Red does not look good....wtf !!!!!
Quote Reply
Re: 2015 Cervelo line-up [rbuike] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
rbuike wrote:
pyrahna wrote:

I really think Cervelo is pulling one over on us with that new P5 color. I just cant fathom their team sitting in a room and collectively deciding on that color scheme with that Auduro Bar. I have owned maybe 15 Cervelos in the last 5 years and have always thought their paint colors/combos were great. I was ready to unload my P5s and get the new 2015s until I saw the color with that Aduro bar....it is that bad. I really hope this is some sick joke
Last edited by: 7summits: Aug 10, 14 21:19
Quote Reply
Re: 2015 Cervelo line-up [Deej] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
http://www.bikeradar.com/road/news/article/cervelo-r-p-and-s-series-2015-gallery-42043/

Lots of pics to complain about Cervelo's crappy paint jobs.

Suffer Well.
Quote Reply
Re: 2015 Cervelo line-up [jmh] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I wish Cervelo would just leave the frames unpainted so that we can at least have a chance at coloring it better with White-Out and Magic Markers.
Quote Reply
Re: 2015 Cervelo line-up [Chris10] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Did anyone else catch the mention of a new bike at Eurosport at the end of that article??

New S5 coming IMO
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
seems they are rolling with HED now.

The r5 looks like it just scammed a top tube from ebay and threw it on....the R2 and R3 look ok, because its simple. S2 and S3 look good
Quote Reply
Re: 2015 Cervelo line-up [justkeepedaling] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
justkeepedaling wrote:
Did anyone else catch the mention of a new bike at Eurosport at the end of that article??

New S5 coming IMO

It said something new. Not necessarily a new bike. But I like you guess.

Quote:
Cervelo's Damon Rinard did tell us that the firm will have something brand new that will debut at the Eurobike show at the end of the month – but he refused to reveal exactly what. Rest assured we'll have all the details from Eurobike as soon as we can.

Suffer Well.
Last edited by: jmh: Aug 11, 14 6:56
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I won't need to worry about getting requests to replicate those paint schemes. Truly ugly.
Quote Reply
Re: 2015 Cervelo line-up [7summits] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
7summits wrote:
I have owned maybe 15 Cervelos in the last 5 years and have always thought their paint colors/combos were great. I was ready to unload my P5s and get the new 2015s until I saw the color with that Aduro bar....it is that bad. I really hope this is some sick joke

Ok, silly question: What exactly does one do with 3 new bikes per year? That's like a new one every four months.

-
My tiny little slice of the internets: dcrainmaker.com
Quote Reply
Re: 2015 Cervelo line-up [Deej] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Link to Cervelo R, P and S-series 2015 - gallery

http://www.bikeradar.com/road/news/article/cervelo-r-p-and-s-series-2015-gallery-42043/
Quote Reply
Re: 2015 Cervelo line-up [dcrainmaker] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hey I would love to buy a new bike every 4 months. I just don't get having multiple P5s and then selling them to get a new P5!

/kj

http://kjmcawesome.tumblr.com/
Quote Reply
Re: 2015 Cervelo line-up [dcrainmaker] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
dcrainmaker wrote:
7summits wrote:
I have owned maybe 15 Cervelos in the last 5 years and have always thought their paint colors/combos were great. I was ready to unload my P5s and get the new 2015s until I saw the color with that Aduro bar....it is that bad. I really hope this is some sick joke

Ok, silly question: What exactly does one do with 3 new bikes per year? That's like a new one every four months.

I travel quite a bit for work and keep a few bikes in locations where I travel frequently. I am also a sucker for new toys and turn all my stuff every year.
Quote Reply
Re: 2015 Cervelo line-up [PaintIt] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Would really love to see bike companies move away from different iterations of black, white and red. Still, I guess it keeps you busy!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Well I was really put off by the red job, but once you out deep wheels on it it's actually acceptable.
Quote Reply
Re: 2015 Cervelo line-up [Baboonator] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I love my P5-Six but the new 2015 colour scheme is making me gag!

If you are sure you will fail, or convinced you will succeed, you are probably right.....
Last edited by: Crash Master: Aug 11, 14 11:24
Quote Reply
Re: 2015 Cervelo line-up [Crash Master] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Man! I love their bikes, but those paint schemes are Fugly! Holy crap. What the heck are they thinking???!!!

You spend that kind of money on a bike and you BETTER like the way it looks.

Mike
Quote Reply
Re: 2015 Cervelo line-up [PaintIt] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
It doesn't matter how many different colors you offer a bike in, someone...maybe even many someones...will still complain about it.

Not only that, but if a company offers more than one color, then the dealer becomes responsible for keeping more inventory. Even though the dealer can readily order basically any color/size that's in-stock, many customers hold an expectation that every size/color combination should be available for them to choose from on the sales floor. It is frustrating to get bitched at by the customer and have to stand there and take it as a "representative of the store/bike company" knowing that I have no control over purchasing/demand planning/color scheming. It's irrational, and sometimes they even recognize that, but I'd say that giving people options just isn't always a good thing. That said, I feel like Cervelo would do well with a program similar to project one....

I tweet!

Quote Reply

Prev Next