Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: December 26 [tigerchik] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I see that Desertdude is maintaining a low profile in the Challenge on account of getting his ass kicked by Herbert!!!
Quote Reply
Re: December 26 [tigerchik] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Tigerchic, that's just cruel to mention the weather.
Quote Reply
Re: December 26 [jime] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hey. I came all the way down here from Maine. I am in good weather by CHOICE!

the thing is, they spent a lot of time complaining about the weather, but it feels awfully warm to me :-)

maybe she's born with it, maybe it's chlorine
If you're injured and need some sympathy, PM me and I'm very happy to write back.
disclaimer: PhD not MD
Last edited by: tigerchik: Dec 26, 08 16:58
Quote Reply
Re: December 26 [devashish_paul] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Quote:
Merry Xmas to everyone, we are now at Day 11. In around 10 days, we'll be at the "unofficial start line" where the real action starts. Over 550 REGISTERED now. Just remember 100 days is 14 weeks, so it is not a sprint so ease in.

Hey Dev, thanks for organising the challange, nice to have the extra incentive to meet my goals.

Question, why is day 21 the "unoffical start line" ?

---------------------------
http://www.nunnsontherun.com
Quote Reply
Re: December 26 [gavnunns] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I suspect he is talking about January 1st.
Quote Reply
Re: 100 runs in 100 days 2008-2009 Official Thread with Rules, Questions and Smacktalk [devashish_paul] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Two straight days of no running due to family/holiday commitments.

I hate it. I had "banked" one run earlier last week, and will hopefully make it up and
bank another next week.

Taking it smart, they're all slow and short.

-Jot
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Day 21 is the unofficial start line because by then all the guys who are studs in there own minds but duds in reality who weren't ready to run this often will either blow up, or bow out realizing that this thing is not a sprint :-)

Question for you....where is the start line for a marathon. If you think it is a mile zero, we have news for you :-)

Good run today....21K in 1:40. The salt truck was by so the ice on the road was not too bad and I had reasonably good footing through the run, looping through the same traffic free suburban roads multiple times.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
You'll not see me abandoning this challenge ... ho no ... and since i keep my mileage fairly low ( 40 -50 km per week ) ... i won't bust by day 21 ...

And i keep my photo tour of Quebec ... ( sorry for my big face in the middle tough)

http://www.facebook.com/...73b&id=576852750

Today is my off day ... the street are frozen solid, and i'm on one of these major hang-over ... phewww

David

----
Yes, i run in AdiStar Racers all thru winter ... they are green-fluorescent ... so what !
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Since I had one run in the bank, I took yesterday off. I'm back at it today, but it will be a fairly conservative distance/time. MY body tells me the day off was a good idea. I was probably pushing the distance more than I needed to at this point.
Quote Reply
Re: 100 runs in 100 days 2008-2009 Official Thread with Rules, Questions and Smacktalk [devashish_paul] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
First double today cuz I got hosed out of my run yesterday by work. That gives me 11 in 13 days. I'm just popping off easy 3.5 to 4 milers at a moderate pace. Having never done something like this before and coming off a good long term base but recent (4 week) period of relative inactivity, I'm scared by all the talk of people blowing up a few weeks in so I'm trying to take it easy. I figure I'm good once I get into the 30s and then I'll add a little speed and knock the cob webs off my bike.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
first run back today after a 4 day layoff because my soleus was killing me making it impossible to get even short easy runs. Between that and all of the holiday 'cheer' that was bing consumed i thought that my 5 miler was going to kill me today. I only have a few days before I leave for a cruise so I see more dropped days in the near future. Oh well, there is still al ong way to go and I've got a treadmill in the basement to start doubling up as soon as my legs get conditiond to this frequency.

Cheers

This is your life, and it's ending one minute at a time. - Fight Club
Industry Brat.
Quote Reply
Re: December 26 [GOKARTN] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I need work to start again to bank double days....I'm one run off 100/100 pace now...I think I need the stress of work, and the incremental caffeine intake to also get revved up enough for the daily 100/100 rant....seems like days since the last one....either you guys are being good, or I am just too relaxed on the daily 2-3 hour training plan during my time off :-). Even the insane mood swings of mother nature going from minus 20 to plus 8 in a span of three days (celsius) is not pissing me off.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
i was thinking about this on my run today

scenario:
start a run 11:30pm, run 60' until 12:30am the next day

could be either 1 run or 2, yes?

-----------------------------------------------------------
Yes. Always punch people in the face when their interests are different than yours. There can be no other way.
-one_lap
Quote Reply
Re: December 26 [seanathan] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
runs need to be separated by 60 min to count as 2 runs...
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
BUT... check out THIS scenario... You run 11PM til 1AM... a 2 hour run... now techincally it's two 30 minute runs, but you said if you run runs that don't technically count as a run (ie 15 mins or whatever) you can't count it as a run, but you can count the mileage/time... so you REALLY get two runs and all your time and distance? :)
Quote Reply
Re: December 26 [GOKARTN] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
Since I had one run in the bank, I took yesterday off. I'm back at it today, but it will be a fairly conservative distance/time. MY body tells me the day off was a good idea. I was probably pushing the distance more than I needed to at this point.

I'm the other way - started in mid Nov and on the 25 Dec had my first day off this month - uptil then it's being going good but the last two runs have been hard and my calves have started aching.

H.
Last edited by: Henry: Dec 27, 08 14:27
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Dev,
This is a great challenge and your i nsight is on the money. As somone who in my younger days ran 100 mile weeks and years without a day off it is interesting to see some of the newer athletes step up to the plate and give it a go. My goal after 40 years of competitive running and 27 years of triathlon is to stay healthy and that means no more than 5-6 days running a week without really taxing the intensity. 08 was my first year in quite a few years where I went injury free so all of your warnings are to be listened to. My focus is to try the 6th run when time permits and maybe sneak in a double here and there with a ride between them. To quote Frank Shorter who in the late 80's went after duathlon for a time " I have a 20 mile a day habit and a 10 mile a day body" This is the reason many of us started to cross train and compete triathlons. Good luck to all in the challenge and remember it is a training challenge that pays off only if you stay healthy to get to the starting lines.
Quote Reply
Re: December 26 [Scot] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Brown's Valley Loop w/Out and Back: 5.04 @ 11:56

My wife is training for her 1st 1/2 Mary so I thought it would be nice to do my run today at a very modest HR (127 bpm) at her pace. We had a nice run and she felt great and I got my run in for today :) MB

Quote Reply
Re: December 26 [Roughster] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
What half is she going to try first? Are you going to do it as well?
Quote Reply
Re: December 26 [Tri N OC] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
What half is she going to try first? Are you going to do it as well?
My wife, daughter, and I will all run the Shamrock'n 1/2 in March (West Sacramento). I am going to run with my daughter since she is still a bit intimidated by the crowds at the race.
Quote Reply
December 27 [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
we all got in a 4 hr day between swim bike and run. The run was 50 min and just so you know it was awfully cold in Arizona this morning.

maybe she's born with it, maybe it's chlorine
If you're injured and need some sympathy, PM me and I'm very happy to write back.
disclaimer: PhD not MD
Quote Reply
Re: December 26 [Roughster] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I just signed up for my first ultra in Moab on Feb 14th (which is by definition, not an ultra...33K hilly trail run...but is plenty ultra enough for me as I'll be on my feet long enough to make it feel like an ultra!). This 100/100 seems like the perfect prep and is the reason I said yes when some crazy ultra running buddies suggested it.
Today I finally accomplished my first double (been trying for the last few days), so I officially have 1 in the bank for a rest day later on : ).
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Hey Dev, thanks for organising the challange, nice to have the extra incentive to meet my goals.

Question, why is day 21 the "unoffical start line" ?

I hate to speak for Dev, but I think that it is the "unofficial start line" because that is when it starts to get tough mentally and physically. I remember 2 years ago when we did the "run every day in January" that it started to get tough around day 18. Up until then it was Mai Tai's and Yahtzee. I think earlier he compared where we are no to the warm up of an Ironman. Around day 21 is when the cannon goes off for the start of the swim.

I ran in shorts today. How about you? The is the biggest snow melt I think I have ever seen. We had 12 inches of snow pack and we are reduced to nothing in less than 24 hours.

Bernie

Re: December 27 [tigerchik] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
we all got in a 4 hr day between swim bike and run. The run was 50 min and just so you know it was awfully cold in Arizona this morning.
TC: I had a good all three sports day as well!

1,750 Swim
54 Ride
5 Run

Not too shabby considering I spent 8 hours in the car yesterday driving from SoCal back home!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Quote:
Question for you....where is the start line for a marathon. If you think it is a mile zero, we have news for you :-)
Around four years ago for me, another 4-5 more and I'll be realy hunting those PRs ;)

---------------------------
http://www.nunnsontherun.com
Quote Reply

Prev Next