Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: 100 runs in 100 days 2008-2009 Official Thread with Rules, Questions and Smacktalk [devashish_paul] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
that is a perfect Christmas wish.

maybe she's born with it, maybe it's chlorine
If you're injured and need some sympathy, PM me and I'm very happy to write back.
disclaimer: PhD not MD
Quote Reply
Re: 100 runs in 100 days 2008-2009 Official Thread with Rules, Questions and Smacktalk [devashish_paul] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
EHR Loop: 4.03 Miles @ 8:06

My legs were feeling a bit tired on my double, so I slowed down and took it easy. Was a perfect night for running though and EHR has a really nice set of shoulders/paths to run on. The good thing about doubling today is it puts me back on target for 1:1 which means I only need to run once tomorrow :) MB

Quote Reply
Re: 100 runs in 100 days 2008-2009 Official Thread with Rules, Questions and Smacktalk [Roughster] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
:( I've fallen behind a bit. I crashed my bike yesterday, my own fault, It actually belongs in an embarassing crash thread. But, I'm a bit sore all over today, so I figured that I should take another day to make sure everything is in order. Couple doubles in the next couple weeks will get everything back in order.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Just noticed this post. Thanks for the shout-out. However, I've been slacking recently due to bad weather and the usual Christmas-time family stuff. And now I'm struggling not to overcompensate for the past few days of slacking.

As for the training, I'm getting ready for indoor track season. I'm not doing any workouts on the track yet, just hills for strength and working on quick leg turnover, plus a few threshold-type runs. And I've found that high mileage and doubles do wonders for my fitness.

I've been telling myself to HTFU and it seems to have worked today (2 hours in the early afternoon plus an evening shakeout).

http://lesliesexton.wordpress.com
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
a quick 3.8 miles...little hungover from last nights festivities but one of my quickest runs yet

-----------------------------------------------------------
Yes. Always punch people in the face when their interests are different than yours. There can be no other way.
-one_lap
Quote Reply
Re: 100 runs in 100 days 2008-2009 Official Thread with Rules, Questions and Smacktalk [seanathan] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Phew... A slow hungover run where imearly threw up a couple times... Now I'm in for a omehour weight training ... And a second trow-up run ...can't hold myself...must sweat all this booze

David

----
Yes, i run in AdiStar Racers all thru winter ... they are green-fluorescent ... so what !
Quote Reply
Re: 100 runs in 100 days 2008-2009 Official Thread with Rules, Questions and Smacktalk [Moonover] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
EHR Loop: 4.03 Miles @ 7:54

After the kids opened their stockings, I decided to get my 1st run of the day out of the way. Planned on just cruising and keeping the HR low, but saw I was close to sub-8 coming up Weaver (big ass hill) so finished it off strong to come in @ 7:54 pace. MB
Last edited by: Roughster: Dec 25, 08 9:21
Quote Reply
Re: 100 runs in 100 days 2008-2009 Official Thread with Rules, Questions and Smacktalk [triple zero] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Merry Christmas everyone....my big present was a sunny morning, minus 2 and excellent footing for a 15K run with 5x2 min hard + 1x1K hard...all at half marathon race pace or harder.

Triple Zero, since you revealed who you are, be careful on the mileage and doubles....you're pretty young to be cranking off that type of volume and intensity....most of the guys here who run around the pace of you in racing (thanks sportstats) are running a fair bit slower and way less mileage....don't worry about beating Tigerchik in the F20-24...both of you are pushing it.

Sorry for having to act as coach around here for some of you guys on the brink of overdoing it, but it takes one overtraining idiot to recognize self destructive behavior in others....still 89 days to go!!!

Just remember unless you are a downhill or XC ski racer, they aren't handing out medals or podiums in December....this is not the time to be a hero for most of you.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Hey Paul,

Looks like the Challenge Boardis not updating. Logged my two runs and still showing yesterdays totals.
Quote Reply
Re: 100 runs in 100 days 2008-2009 Official Thread with Rules, Questions and Smacktalk [ejohns3992] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
What date did you use for today's workouts? It took mine at around 11 am EST.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I logged them this morning around 8:30 Pacific.

Mymidnight run and 7:00 am run. One 12/24 , other12/25
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply

"Just remember unless you are a downhill or XC ski racer, they aren't handing out medals or podiums in December....this is not the time to be a hero for most of you."[/reply] Now this is exactly what the problem is. Not that they are handing out medals in December, but rather January and February. Is it too earlie to start a Bikie thread???
Quote Reply
Re: 100 runs in 100 days 2008-2009 Official Thread with Rules, Questions and Smacktalk [Whitenose] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I'm in the same boat as you. I have 6-7 XC ski races starting last weekend of Jan going into 3rd weekend in March....but no need to hammer myself running either...plenty of time to do that in spring-summer-fall run+tri racing.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I had my first day off today since the challenge started. Too busy with Christmas, plus I think a recovery day was well appreciated by my legs. Back on tomorrow fresh and ready.
Quote Reply
Re: 100 runs in 100 days 2008-2009 Official Thread with Rules, Questions and Smacktalk [Herbert] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Just finished a great outdoor Christmas run. 25*F with NO WIND so it felt great. I even got a little warm at the end. 5.0 miles at 8:00/mi pace. A little fast but it was my first REAL outdoor run of the 100/100. Plus it was Christmas and the brisk air just got to me. :) More outdoor fun to come. Merry Christmas y'all.
Quote Reply
Re: 100 runs in 100 days 2008-2009 Official Thread with Rules, Questions and Smacktalk [btmoney] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
EHR Loop: 4.04 miles @ 8:19 pace

Xmas day (eve) and the wife and her mom decide to watch Mama Mia....perfect opportunity to sneak in a run! It was a nice night and the rain tapered off to a pitter patter, nothing like the fierce downpour of earlier. MB
Quote Reply
Re: 100 runs in 100 days 2008-2009 Official Thread with Rules, Questions and Smacktalk [Roughster] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I strained my lower calf on Dec. 4. I tried to run 30 mins. on Dec 15. to start the challenge. I got 2.5 in and had to walk/jog the last mile. Ran yesterday with my 15y/o son for the 2nd run of the challenge. I ran the whole way and felt good. Today I feel great but I will only run 30 mins at a time untill I feel "normal". Then I will slowly ramp up to 2 runs a day by the end of January untill I catch up. I've been icing it for 20 mins. on, 2 hours off, 20 mins. on, 2 hours off, light stretch. Step lightly and pray. Best gift I got was finishing the 30 mins. yesterday. Here I come bizzy......lol
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I am shooting for Silver and anything more is icing on the cake. I've been feeling great. I went out for an hour run and it felt great. Thanks Dev for starting up the challenge!!
Quote Reply
Re: 100 runs in 100 days 2008-2009 Official Thread with Rules, Questions and Smacktalk [Herbert] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Herbert,

I'm taking the day off running today too, which means I will "fall behind" 1 run per day pace. I XC skied 45 K this morning pretty hard with a pile of intervals, and this afternoon an easy 10-15K with my son. It will rain here the next few days, so I'll hopefully get caught back up on running....at least I am still ahead of 10 K per day pace.

Dev
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
My legs are very happy today is a day off from running. Yesterday's run was a little harder to do than it should have been. Now I just have to get motivated to go for a swim.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Dang Dev! You do marathons on the skis with intervals just for training?! You are hard core! Are you skiing skate or classic? When I skate ski, I'm about to die after 5K of continuous skiing.

Runs have been going well so far. Hoping to do my first double today, but we'll see how the legs feel later.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Dev,

I need a ruling!

Ran 7 miles today on a known route. The Polar foot pod says 10.2 miles and I feel like I ran 15 miles. We had freezing rain Christmas morning followed by 38 degrees F and sunny followed by 25 degree F temps today which basically turned the roads into an ice rink. I probably lost 1/2 a step every step I took.

(yes, this is written 95% tongue in cheek and 3% disgust in how out of shape I am and 2% disgust in the weather conditions!)

Bernie

Re: 100 runs in 100 days 2008-2009 Official Thread with Rules, Questions and Smacktalk [Diana] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Diana....today was skate skiing. The intervals were one uphill TT for 17:43 (at around 5K run footrace intensity) and the other 30 minutes were split over 9 hills/false flat crests going super hard "1 skate" (not sure if you guys call it V1 or V2, but you are poling on each foot stride). Once you can balance well doing 1 skate, you can go pretty far. If you can double pole twice on each stride, then you've committed your entire weight and are gliding on a flat ski (fastest) and basically the speeds can approximate biking on fast snow. My downhill speeds on XC skis are pretty well the same as the bike on fast snow since the tuck is much lower and aero

Watch this video and you'll see the girls are motoring as fast as bikes (fast forward to 3:20 or so)...OK maybe not road bikes, but mountain biking:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aMAKewF1voo

and here is a men's sprint from the same world cup in finland...you can see the cycling style peleton tactics

http://www.youtube.com/...k5EM68Bw-vw&NR=1

Just like in running where all the elites are 120 lbs....here in XC skiing, they are all more like 6 foot+ and 160-180 lbs (pretty well like elite long course triathletes)

Anyway, this is a running thread....my run today was ZERO.

Bernie, sorry, we feel for ya, but the rules are the rules.....distance covered is distance covered. While snow is our enemy on some days on other days when the footing is good and there is no slip, it provides endless miles of minimal pounding compared to pavement (effectively endless trail) so it balances out.

Dev
Quote Reply
December 26 [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Ran 55 minutes in Arizona this morning with desert dude, 115intheShade, and Sarah! Then we went swimming in an outdoor pool :D

maybe she's born with it, maybe it's chlorine
If you're injured and need some sympathy, PM me and I'm very happy to write back.
disclaimer: PhD not MD
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
"Rest" day tomorrow, and possibly Sunday as well - working two 12.5 hour shifts at the hospital. Will be getting most of my exercise pushing immensely obese people around on stretchers. Gawd, sometimes I feel like I'm going to develop an eating disorder just by looking at them.

Depending on the weather, might possibly get in a run commute on Sunday, even though it's not really part of the plan. Banked two extra runs this week to cover the weekend . . . but I sometimes have trouble sticking to the plan. Ran an extra two miles on my second run today because I encountered another runner. Had to catch him, and then started talking with him, and finished up the run on his route. On the plus side, I may have found a training partner, which will be good to break up the monotony of all of these short runs. Looking forward to getting back to my longer routes . . . but not until I'm sure that my body can take it. It's complaining a little about the frequency of my running, even though mileage hasn't increased significantly.

-----
Over 4.5 years bike crash free.
Quote Reply

Prev Next