Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: 100 runs in 100 days 2008-2009 Official Thread with Rules, Questions and Smacktalk [devashish_paul] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
E. Highlands Boulder O&B: 4.06 @ 7:54

After my double yesterday, I also have a double today to "catch back up" to 1 for 1. The target for this morning was nice light easy running, so I popped out to Highland, ran down to Boulder and back. Felt good and was exactly as planned. MB

Quote Reply
Re: 100 runs in 100 days 2008-2009 Official Thread with Rules, Questions and Smacktalk [ttocsmi] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
did 5 miles in about 70 degree weather. So freaking humid in Houston too. Now I won't take 0deg, I'll be happy to get back to the 30-40 range in Oklahoma.
Quote Reply
Re: 100 runs in 100 days 2008-2009 Official Thread with Rules, Questions and Smacktalk [bq2001] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Did 4.05 miles in a nicely heated gym after a very intense spin session for a hour ten minutes. Going to work now were I will run once again for 30-45 minutes so I can take x-mas off.

Re: 100 runs in 100 days 2008-2009 Official Thread with Rules, Questions and Smacktalk [devashish_paul] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks for the advice old timer... but I'm absolutely fine, I promise not to come whining to you when I hurt myself, and didn't "come to you" in the first place, so how does one "come back"? :) I'll be backing off in January as Ill have a lot going on... just wanted to maximize December... i understand you're hurt that I killed you on the marathon at IMC, but no need to call me out for no reason. ;) jk
Quote Reply
Re: 100 runs in 100 days 2008-2009 Official Thread with Rules, Questions and Smacktalk [Bizzy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
That's fair smacktalk...any time you hammered a guy that ran 4:03, you really kicked ass...never even realized till now that you outran me...congrats man! Now if we're going to start cherry picking results, I can likely pull up something like a 150 races where you are yet to run that fast :-) :-) :-)

OK as you were...keep running those 100 mile weeks and pretend like I never said a thing....in fact, go use up all your time on 200 mile weeks (and don't swim and bike....) I'll just keep making sure that I have enough of a lead into T2 so that I can still keep crossing the finish line 20-30 min ahead with my slow runs :-)...

All kidding aside, congrats on your big week. Just be careful and listen to your body.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
lol Dev well when I'm 800 years old i may also have a few races faster than that weak marathon at IMC!

And plus, are you ADD Dev? I clearly said I'll be backing way off in January! Just finishing off strong in december, ever do a focus in the off-season? 2009 is swim time for me, I'm gonna be living in 30C in a couple weeks so I'll have no choice but to hit the University's SWEET outdoor pool. Hey maybe I'll kick a 100 swims in 100 days from April to July?! :)
Quote Reply
Re: 100 runs in 100 days 2008-2009 Official Thread with Rules, Questions and Smacktalk [Bizzy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
ugh, swimming
this is a run challenge, keep that water outta here

plus, the swim is so short you'd be wasting your time for about 70 of those days

-----------------------------------------------------------
Yes. Always punch people in the face when their interests are different than yours. There can be no other way.
-one_lap
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
While I might have ADD, I am trying to remember as much as possible about 500+ people signed up for this thing...seriusly, if you can avoid injury, you're setting up for a good year! Have fun in Oz!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
:P I think I'll be alright. :) Minimal cycling (just for AR) and no swimming since IM Muskoka 70.3 (not a great way to improve eh?) and I sit around a sports supplement store posting on slowtwitch and taking supplements for recovery. :) Main racing goal for 2009 is to BQ and run an ultra, triathlon is secondary and IMWA is more for fun and because I'm there than anything. :) PLUS, after Dec I'll nly have to avg like 8km days to hit 1000k for the whole deal. :) Thanks for setting this up!
Quote Reply
Re: 100 runs in 100 days 2008-2009 Official Thread with Rules, Questions and Smacktalk [bmanners] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
9.4 miles in a a bit over an hour. Mostly on dirt. Kept HR under 140. Santa is bringing me two pair of Brooks Adrenalines. My legs will be so happy.
Quote Reply
Re: 100 runs in 100 days 2008-2009 Official Thread with Rules, Questions and Smacktalk [rocklinwoody] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
E. Highlands Ranch Loop

At this point I have run most derivatives of the East Highlands Ranch and surrounding areas. This area is a little more hilly than I normally run on in Vacaville, so it has been a nice change of pace though the legs are feeling it a bit more than normal.

4.04 Miles @ 8:27 MB
Quote Reply
Re: 100 runs in 100 days 2008-2009 Official Thread with Rules, Questions and Smacktalk [rocklinwoody] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I got in 4 miles in 34 mins above dirt. For some reason the county road crew cannot find the time to plow the roads to the ski trails, so I was running on about 2 inches of semi-packed down snow. At least I had my headlamp along so I could see the tire tracks tonight.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Paul,
I noticed my totals are not quite matching up, specifically my workouts page and the active list. Thanks for putting this together and to everyone out there Merry Christmas!
Quote Reply
Christmas eve, playing catch-up [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Monday: 8 mi, 61:22, treadmill at 1.5% incline
Tuesday: 7 mi, 55:20, treadmill at 2% incline
Wednesday: 11.2 mi total - 10 of them in 71:10, warmup was 0.3 mi (3 min) and c/d was 0.9 mi (7 min). treadmill at 1.5% incline.

maybe she's born with it, maybe it's chlorine
If you're injured and need some sympathy, PM me and I'm very happy to write back.
disclaimer: PhD not MD
Quote Reply
Re: 100 runs in 100 days 2008-2009 Official Thread with Rules, Questions and Smacktalk [R1] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Did you enter the correct dates on your workouts....if they are entered before Dec 15, they won't show up in your totals for the challenge.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
It's interesting to see the intensity level. I thought my average was pretty strong at 8:12 average, but that would not even put me in the top 100. Not that it matters, since this is only the first week. Last year, I started out hard and ended up injured and not finishing the challenge. This year, my plan is to hang in the middle of the pack and come on strong in the last 30 days. Until then, it's ALL about consistency and building a base.
Quote Reply
Re: Christmas eve, playing catch-up [tigerchik] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
yikes, that's some serious mileage...well it would be for me
i'm happy just to get my 30-50' in each day, but that's on trails
i'd implode if I had to do a treadmill that long

Yes. Always punch people in the face when their interests are different than yours. There can be no other way.
-one_lap
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I got a small problem and I could use some help.

I plugged in my little 40 minute run into my official ST branded workout log tracker thingy and some how it got quadrupled giving me 4 runs of 40 minutes today. I poked around but I can't figure out how to delete a logged workout. Any help?

Worst case scenario; I could try and put in 3 more 40 minute runs today but it's Christmas Eve and the family would be peeved.

Ian

Ian Murray
http://www.TriathlonTrainingSeries.com
I like the pursuit of mastery
Twitter - @TriCoachIan
Quote Reply
Re: 100 runs in 100 days 2008-2009 Official Thread with Rules, Questions and Smacktalk [ianpeace] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
I got a small problem and I could use some help.

I plugged in my little 40 minute run into my official ST branded workout log tracker thingy and some how it got quadrupled giving me 4 runs of 40 minutes today. I poked around but I can't figure out how to delete a logged workout. Any help?

Worst case scenario; I could try and put in 3 more 40 minute runs today but it's Christmas Eve and the family would be peeved.

Ian
When you are in your online training log home page, one of the menu options across the top is Workouts. Go into workouts and you'll see a list of all yours. Open (click on) any of them and there should be links for both Edit and Delete options.
Quote Reply
Re: Christmas eve, playing catch-up [tigerchik] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
It was a dark and stormy morning.......10.5 miles in the puddles.

Have a Merry Christmas everyone.

-Woody
Quote Reply
Re: Christmas eve, playing catch-up [rocklinwoody] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
a head cold and a sore knee equals a day off for me today. was planning to take off tommorow, but now I'll try to make a Christmas run.
Quote Reply
Re: 100 runs in 100 days 2008-2009 Official Thread with Rules, Questions and Smacktalk [Micawber] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Solved!!! Thank you.

Ian Murray
http://www.TriathlonTrainingSeries.com
I like the pursuit of mastery
Twitter - @TriCoachIan
Quote Reply
Re: 100 runs in 100 days 2008-2009 Official Thread with Rules, Questions and Smacktalk [ianpeace] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Guys...sorry for not checking in....40K XC ski with 45 minutes worth of intervals (2:30 total)+9K easy transition run (45 minutes)...then a zillion Xmas chores and last minute shopping for family.

So I'll sign off wishing everyone a Merry Xmas....I really don't care what toys you guys get...what I really hope that you get is a year of no injuries, no accidents with cars, no heart attacks, no cancer etc etc....just an endless string of hitting the daily starting line for training and the racing starting lines intact and in one piece ready to do battle. This is all a tri geek can ask for....PBs are gravy!!!!

peace boys and girls.

sincerely

Dev
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
amen to that

don't buy upgrades, ride up grades

-one_lap
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
4.11 Miles @ ~09:18 Pace

I decided to run with my wife at her pace since she said she could use the company motivation. It was a nice run which kept the HR low (Ave 138) which is good since I spend most of my time in Zone 4 in normal training mode. Weather in SoCal is perfect for running: cloud cover, still wind, about 49 Degrees. MB

Quote Reply

Prev Next