Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: ***Spoilers*** Bike racing spectator thread 2024 [fredericknorton] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
fredericknorton wrote:
Kuss saved Primoz last year in Giro.
Primoz will need some saving if he is to have a chance at Tour podium.

I’m thinking the same, that he could well get booted off the podium. If today’s stage was 500m longer he’d have lost.

And sticking with my early prognostication that C-Rod is on it. Plan C MattyJ looks phenomenal—saving JV’s season thus far—but it’s a big leap from stage race to GT success. No doubt he’ll be a workhorse if Venga is on the start line.
Last edited by: Carl Spackler: Jun 9, 24 18:01
Quote Reply
Re: ***Spoilers*** Bike racing spectator thread 2024 [Carl Spackler] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Carl Spackler wrote:
fredericknorton wrote:
Kuss saved Primoz last year in Giro.
Primoz will need some saving if he is to have a chance at Tour podium.

I’m thinking the same, that he could well get booted off the podium. If today’s stage was 500m longer he’d have lost.

And sticking with my early prognostication that C-Rod is on it. Plan C MattyJ looks phenomenal—saving JV’s season thus far—but it’s a big leap from stage race to GT success. No doubt he’ll be a workhorse if Venga is on the start line.

Venga falters and MJ is off the leash for a stage or more, that'll be cool.

Cool Hand brought some WT flex to Tulsa.
Quote Reply
Re: ***Spoilers*** Bike racing spectator thread 2024 [McNulty] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
A couple of thoughts about yesterday.
Chicone saved it for Rog yesterday, no idea why, and before you all jump on me, yes he didn't pull much, but he did 2 big pulls, and there is your 8 seconds.

I believe that Jorgenson didn't believe that he could win the whole kit and kaboodle until maybe 2.5-3k to go so up until then he was riding with the stage win in mind, so going hard but not 100%, If he had gone all in as soon as the gap opened he wins it all.
Quote Reply
Re: ***Spoilers*** Bike racing spectator thread 2024 [trener1] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
trener1 wrote:
Chicone saved it for Rog yesterday, no idea why, and before you all jump on me, yes he didn't pull much, but he did 2 big pulls, and there is your 8 seconds.

I'd assume trying to work up a little higher in top 10 GC. He had just passed Como Va in virtual GC. He was also breathing down Remco's neck (within ~30 seconds) in GC, so it was in his benefit to try to make that gap bigger. Also not terribly far from Blastov. So in his benefit overall to work in with Roglic.

It looks like he finished with the same GC time as Lazkano (but ahead in placing), so that was *tight*.
Quote Reply

Prev Next