Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: ***Spoilers*** Bike racing spectator thread 2024 [fredericknorton] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
fredericknorton wrote:
Kuss saved Primoz last year in Giro.
Primoz will need some saving if he is to have a chance at Tour podium.

I’m thinking the same, that he could well get booted off the podium. If today’s stage was 500m longer he’d have lost.

And sticking with my early prognostication that C-Rod is on it. Plan C MattyJ looks phenomenal—saving JV’s season thus far—but it’s a big leap from stage race to GT success. No doubt he’ll be a workhorse if Venga is on the start line.
Last edited by: Carl Spackler: Jun 9, 24 18:01
Quote Reply
Re: ***Spoilers*** Bike racing spectator thread 2024 [Carl Spackler] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Carl Spackler wrote:
fredericknorton wrote:
Kuss saved Primoz last year in Giro.
Primoz will need some saving if he is to have a chance at Tour podium.

I’m thinking the same, that he could well get booted off the podium. If today’s stage was 500m longer he’d have lost.

And sticking with my early prognostication that C-Rod is on it. Plan C MattyJ looks phenomenal—saving JV’s season thus far—but it’s a big leap from stage race to GT success. No doubt he’ll be a workhorse if Venga is on the start line.

Venga falters and MJ is off the leash for a stage or more, that'll be cool.

Cool Hand brought some WT flex to Tulsa.
Quote Reply
Re: ***Spoilers*** Bike racing spectator thread 2024 [McNulty] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
A couple of thoughts about yesterday.
Chicone saved it for Rog yesterday, no idea why, and before you all jump on me, yes he didn't pull much, but he did 2 big pulls, and there is your 8 seconds.

I believe that Jorgenson didn't believe that he could win the whole kit and kaboodle until maybe 2.5-3k to go so up until then he was riding with the stage win in mind, so going hard but not 100%, If he had gone all in as soon as the gap opened he wins it all.
Quote Reply
Re: ***Spoilers*** Bike racing spectator thread 2024 [trener1] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
trener1 wrote:
Chicone saved it for Rog yesterday, no idea why, and before you all jump on me, yes he didn't pull much, but he did 2 big pulls, and there is your 8 seconds.

I'd assume trying to work up a little higher in top 10 GC. He had just passed Como Va in virtual GC. He was also breathing down Remco's neck (within ~30 seconds) in GC, so it was in his benefit to try to make that gap bigger. Also not terribly far from Blastov. So in his benefit overall to work in with Roglic.

It looks like he finished with the same GC time as Lazkano (but ahead in placing), so that was *tight*.
Quote Reply
Re: ***Spoilers*** Bike racing spectator thread 2024 [marcag] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
marcag wrote:
likes_bikes wrote:
@marcag - Any idea what Gee actually weighs? His Strava says 75 kg and that can't be right. Its nice of him to upload power data for us!

He is less than that. He is at 75 in the offseason. At least he was in October-December.

I have to go look at his Strava. Wonder if it matches his TP LOL

Whatever it is, he's gotta be at or under 70. What power meter is IPT using? FSA Powerbox? Santi Buitrago also publishes his data and I was looking at his files for the Dauphine, but its a Shimano PM so I don't necessarily trust it.
Quote Reply
Re: ***Spoilers*** Bike racing spectator thread 2024 [likes_bikes] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
likes_bikes wrote:
marcag wrote:
likes_bikes wrote:
@marcag - Any idea what Gee actually weighs? His Strava says 75 kg and that can't be right. Its nice of him to upload power data for us!

He is less than that. He is at 75 in the offseason. At least he was in October-December.

I have to go look at his Strava. Wonder if it matches his TP LOL

Whatever it is, he's gotta be at or under 70. What power meter is IPT using? FSA Powerbox? Santi Buitrago also publishes his data and I was looking at his files for the Dauphine, but its a Shimano PM so I don't necessarily trust it.

Yes it's an FSA Crank. It's a P2Max PM. Then have been extremely accurate. In aero testing we did not have one "weird" number which is rare over a bunch of bikes. We did have Faveros at first but they always tracked to the P2Max

I am speaking to Derek Friday, I'll tell him to update his weight on Strava :-)
Last edited by: marcag: Jun 10, 24 12:51
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
marcag wrote:
I am speaking to Derek Friday, I'll tell him to update his weight on Strava :-)/quote]

Please let him know he's been inducted into the Good Dude Club.
It'll be uplifting.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
McNulty wrote:
marcag wrote:
I am speaking to Derek Friday, I'll tell him to update his weight on Strava :-)/quote]

Please let him know he's been inducted into the Good Dude Club.
It'll be uplifting.

Sort of a pivotal career moment, really.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply

Could you please ask him to take the Canadian Hour Record during the off season so that obtuse triathlon fans stop talking nonsense about LS being the best Canadian cyclist? ;-)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
+1
The Slowtwitch Good Dude Club induction is well merited and should provide a climbing force multiplier.
Quote Reply
Re: ***Spoilers*** Bike racing spectator thread 2024 [Engner66] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Engner66 wrote:

Could you please ask him to take the Canadian Hour Record during the off season so that obtuse triathlon fans stop talking nonsense about LS being the best Canadian cyclist? ;-)

Please!
Quote Reply

Prev Next