Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: T100 Singapore [Lagoon] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Lagoon wrote:
This is mentioned over and over again at every single race, but the T100 is really missing out on storylines by not covering anything other than the front of the race. I’d have never have know this battle happened without stumbling onto these comments. “Death before DNF” is a great line from Bradley as well.

Why would they though? Everyone blew smoke up PTO's butt on this broadcast, but there was so much going on that should have made that broadcast...no let's just focus on 1 and 2.

Washed up footy player turned Triathlete.
Quote Reply
Re: T100 Singapore [pk] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
pk wrote:
hafu wrote:
Sam Long can be very happy about his 2 second place finishes and missing the win in both events Miami and Singapore.

Every single winner of a PTO-Race in the past 2 years faced serious problems right after the win.

Colin Chartier --> Doping

Ditlev, Neumann --> serious injury

Iden, Blummenfelt, Frodeno --> badly sinking shape curve for the following races after the PTO win

Interesting phenomen. It seems to exist something like a "PTO-Curse". We will see how this story will be going on.

wow iam surprised, to hear this from such a knowledgeable poster. did not think you are into superstition.

Wasn't a complete serious post.
Maybe should have add some smilies.
Quote Reply
Re: T100 Singapore [cherry_bomb] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
cherry_bomb wrote:
Ajax Bay wrote:
Lurker4 wrote:
Great Broadcast again. Great camera shots. They covered the back of the bike a lot better too.

I haven't followed the rest of the commentary, but I hope everyone is fuming about the lack of integrity in the officiating. I'd like to say they lack balls, but it's worse than that. The officials are clearly the worst of the euro style officiating that call penalties on imaginary lines that affect nothing and ignore race changing draft packs.

Suit next to your bike? Penalty! Big toe touched the line as you jump off the bike? Penalty!

Massive draft packs constantly yo-yoing? Maybe give them a stern talking to? You kidding me? You see the red light flashing, you make a pass. You don't pass, you get nailed. We can't blame turns and hills for all of this. There was plenty of opportunity to make the pass and the athletes just chose to sit in and back out.

The racing is great, but like last year the PTO has shown its poor officiating is actually getting in the way of the race.

ProTriNews take (Pat/@talbot cox/@tritalkingFacts):
https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/pro-tri-news/id1559781865
https://stats.protriathletes.org/race/singapore-t100/2024/results

My favourite part of that podcast was the very straight-faced rundown of Youri Keulen's coach's background...

Similar thoughts.

But aside of his coach was former head coach of russian speedskater in the time of olympic games at Sootchi they missed Kosta Poltavets former involvement (2011-2016) with pro cycling Teams Tinkoff-Saxo, Katusha and Bahrain-Merida and Rabobank.

A really remarkable kind of triathlon coach.
Last edited by: hafu: Apr 17, 24 0:48
Quote Reply
Re: T100 Singapore [hafu] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Get in, get out. I think the point was clear without spending too long with a head above the parapet!
Quote Reply
Re: T100 Singapore [hafu] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
hafu wrote:
pk wrote:
hafu wrote:
Sam Long can be very happy about his 2 second place finishes and missing the win in both events Miami and Singapore.

Every single winner of a PTO-Race in the past 2 years faced serious problems right after the win.

Colin Chartier --> Doping

Ditlev, Neumann --> serious injury

Iden, Blummenfelt, Frodeno --> badly sinking shape curve for the following races after the PTO win

Interesting phenomen. It seems to exist something like a "PTO-Curse". We will see how this story will be going on.

wow iam surprised, to hear this from such a knowledgeable poster. did not think you are into superstition.

Wasn't a complete serious post.
Maybe should have add some smilies.

i am sorry for not picking up on it, i should have known better.
Quote Reply
Re: T100 Singapore [WhittleFit] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Is PTO not doing world ranking points anymore?Can’t find updates for Oceanside and Singapore on the PTO page.
Quote Reply
Re: T100 Singapore [Scotthb] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Scotthb wrote:
Is PTO not doing world ranking points anymore?Can’t find updates for Oceanside and Singapore on the PTO page.
I'm sure they'll get a round tuit.
Normally done every Wednesday.
Women's rankings are 'all change' at the very top (Knibb/Gentle/LCB/Haug) if my arithmetic is correct.
Quote Reply
Re: T100 Singapore [Ajax Bay] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Jack Kelly has a great interview with Sam Long on the PTO YouTube site. After watching it and listening to Sam talk about his swim deficit and just racing his own race, it got me thinking Jason West needs to take a page out of Long’s book and not overbike and just get back to depending on his killer run.

Let food be thy medicine...
Quote Reply

Prev Next