Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Unbound Gravel 2024 [trihugger] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
trihugger wrote:
How is training going? I'm curious to hear what people has in mind for their longest race and when? In my mind, I'm thinking of doing 120-140 miles mostly to try out nutrition, but curious about other's plans

Cycling wise, I've not been doing too well. Only averaging around 100 miles/week. But, I am offsetting this with a lot of running, so my aerobic fitness is good. I know this is inadequate for a race like Unbound so I am trying to do more cycling moving forward. Hoping to get in a few century rides and also back to back (ie, Saturday and Sunday) long rides. This is similar to what I did for SBT GRVL. Not the same race distance 200mi vs 142mi) but it sufficed. It's not the best but it is what it is.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I just sent my withdrawal/postpone email (typing 1-handed) since I've spent the last two months with either a brace or cast on my wrist and couldn't even ride the trainer. I had wrist surgery last week so who knows when I can ride again. But I will be there to spectate and help out with whatever EricW needs for the expo.

clm
Nashville, TN
https://twitter.com/ironclm | http://ironclm.typepad.com
Quote Reply
Re: Unbound Gravel 2024 [ironclm] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
ironclm wrote:
I just sent my withdrawal/postpone email (typing 1-handed) since I've spent the last two months with either a brace or cast on my wrist and couldn't even ride the trainer. I had wrist surgery last week so who knows when I can ride again. But I will be there to spectate and help out with whatever EricW needs for the expo.

Aww sorry to hear that. Hope you can try again next year
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
It's interesting that Lifetime has started a waitlist for this event. Not sure I can recall Unbound/DK ever having a waitlist. I always thought their policy was you get in via lottery (or camp) and there's no transferring entries and no waitlist. And now, all of a sudden, for 2024 there is.

Do you think they are seeing a lot of people either withdrawing or postponing their entry until next year? Or were there not as many applicants, in the lottery, and combined with a large number of deferrals/drops, the number of participants is not as high as usual? Any impact of the mud disaster from last year on participant's interest level (and thus the need for a waitlist)?
Quote Reply
Re: Unbound Gravel 2024 [EyeRunMD] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
EyeRunMD wrote:
It's interesting that Lifetime has started a waitlist for this event. Not sure I can recall Unbound/DK ever having a waitlist. I always thought their policy was you get in via lottery (or camp) and there's no transferring entries and no waitlist. And now, all of a sudden, for 2024 there is.

Do you think they are seeing a lot of people either withdrawing or postponing their entry until next year? Or were there not as many applicants, in the lottery, and combined with a large number of deferrals/drops, the number of participants is not as high as usual? Any impact of the mud disaster from last year on participant's interest level (and thus the need for a waitlist)?

That is interesting. They have a pretty generous refund/deferral policy, would guess more people than normal taking advantage.

Dimond Bikes Superfan
Quote Reply
Re: Unbound Gravel 2024 [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I'll probably be a deferral or straight up refund option. Can't make it out this year and expecting a child late this year so training and having support for the 200 next year would be questionable at best since my support was going to be just my wife.

Anyone know if they'd allow a deferral from the 200 to the 100? I could probably manage the 100 without support outside of an emergency bailout if needed.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
We are heading out with the SLOWTWITCH GOODLIFE Racing Team. Huge presence. Stop by the booth and say hello

E-DUB
Chief Janitor @Slowtwitch
Life is short. Dont be mad all the time.

Quote Reply
Re: Unbound Gravel 2024 [Ham Sandwich] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yes, they will allow people to move down from the 200 to 100 miler. Email Treva Worrell at
unboundgravel@ltevents.zendesk.com
I believe you can also change onsite, but I wouldn't wait until then.
Quote Reply

Prev Next