Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Metaspeed Sky+ vs. AlphaFly 3 vs. VaporFly3 [s13tx] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
s13tx wrote:
Y-Tri wrote:
Has anyone put some miles into the AF3’s yet and can share their experience?

Metaspeed in April looks to be SWEET! I’ve seen the pic’s.

I was able to buy a pair of AF3 on Jan 4 and my goodness, they are the best. My heart rate was the lowest when I ran hard and I could go really fast. This guy was very skeptical but convinced once he ran in them. If Nike shoes fit you well like they do to me, you are in for the treat.

https://www.instagram.com/...gsh=cmx2OWpmaXA1MWZ6

Sorry but that's wishful thinking. The difference between the top supershoes is too small to feel by RPE or measure by HR, no matter how much we like to justify our purchases. Even the best and worst ones will be around +/-1 bpm which you can't measure reliably. You just had a good day.
Quote Reply
Re: Metaspeed Sky+ vs. AlphaFly 3 vs. VaporFly3 [BigBoyND] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
How is the arch on the AF3? Most reviews seem to indicate it's less, but some say it's still as annoying as on the AF2.
Quote Reply
Re: Metaspeed Sky+ vs. AlphaFly 3 vs. VaporFly3 [BigBoyND] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
BigBoyND wrote:
s13tx wrote:
Y-Tri wrote:
Has anyone put some miles into the AF3’s yet and can share their experience?

Metaspeed in April looks to be SWEET! I’ve seen the pic’s.

I was able to buy a pair of AF3 on Jan 4 and my goodness, they are the best. My heart rate was the lowest when I ran hard and I could go really fast. This guy was very skeptical but convinced once he ran in them. If Nike shoes fit you well like they do to me, you are in for the treat.

Sorry but that's wishful thinking. The difference between the top supershoes is too small to feel by RPE or measure by HR, no matter how much we like to justify our purchases. Even the best and worst ones will be around +/-1 bpm which you can't measure reliably. You just had a good day.

Yup!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
s13tx wrote:

Sadly that was a placebo effect. You can't measure the difference significantly that well.
Quote Reply
Re: Metaspeed Sky+ vs. AlphaFly 3 vs. VaporFly3 [TomvdS] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I have not ran in mine but it was not noticeable from me trying them on. I could feel the arch on v1 when just trying them on so hopefully I do not need to add another insole like I did on v1.

Twitter - Instagram
Quote Reply
Re: Metaspeed Sky+ vs. AlphaFly 3 vs. VaporFly3 [jrielley] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Cool- let us know how your first run goes.
Congrats on scoring a pair.
Quote Reply
Re: Metaspeed Sky+ vs. AlphaFly 3 vs. VaporFly3 [Y-Tri] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I have done 3 runs in the AlphaFly 3, including a long one. They are noticeably lighter than the 2's but I don't like them as much. For me. the 2's have much more bounce to them. I would wear the 3's for shorter races, though.

-Of course it's 'effing hard, it's IRONMAN!
Team ZOOT
ZOOT, QR, Garmin, HED Wheels, Zealios, FormSwim, Precision Hydration, Rudy Project
Quote Reply
Re: Metaspeed Sky+ vs. AlphaFly 3 vs. VaporFly3 [Bryancd] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hmmm...... bummer on the shorter distances.
I was considering for marathon distances ........
I'll stay tuned.
Quote Reply
Re: Metaspeed Sky+ vs. AlphaFly 3 vs. VaporFly3 [Bryancd] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
It is interesting hearing these opinions on the shoes. I have heard great things and "eh" things about them. Kind of reminds me of the PrimeX 2 release. Everyone wanted them to be the next best thing ever and it didn't meet many expectations so early opinions was it was a flop. Then as time went on many started to love them because they were great shoes but we all convince ourselves the next version is going to be 10x better so we are always disappointed. (And only replying to you because you have experience, not saying anything bad about what you said)

I have to try them on side by side with my v1 to see how they are and will try to keep an open mind but v1 was just pure amazingness so for me if it is similar but with a better arch I will call it a win.

Twitter - Instagram
Quote Reply
Re: Metaspeed Sky+ vs. AlphaFly 3 vs. VaporFly3 [UK Gearmuncher] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
UK Gearmuncher wrote:
s13tx wrote:

Sadly that was a placebo effect. You can't measure the difference significantly that well.

Watch this. I agree with this guy 100%. I will pick AF3 over AF1 all day everyday.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I just tried the Asics metaspeed sky+ vs the adidas adios pro 3 vs the hoka carbon x3. The asics were by far my favorite. Running the same pace/incline on the treadmill and repeating short runs outdoors, the Asics were the most comfortable for me. The pace also felt boring it was that much easier to maintain with the Asics. Less bouncing and increased cadence. The Pro 3’s just felt very radical and the upper needs lots of work and the heel cup was very loose for me. Amazing foam but it didn’t work for me. The hokas have a lot of work to do. Hopefully they can step up their super shoe game because I do my long runs in Bondi’s and would like to continue to support them. But I’m excited to race in the Asics this year. Never tried nor wanted to support Nike. Sounds like they are similarly as radical as the Adidas. I prefer to run with a shoe that disappears on my foot. If I have to think about my form, it’s probably going to cause issues.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Spotting fakes in the wild (specifically Alphafly 3) ...............
Is a good way to do this to weigh the shoe?
Is there any real sure fire way?
Quote Reply

Prev Next