Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Lionel is nothing if not seriously entertaining. [synthetic] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yes I have been saying that about ITU guys to long course on slowtwitch for years.

The focused journey is the point. something new and challenging and different. watching how they change and adjust etc.

not a repeat!!!

Technique will always last longer then energy production. Improve biomechanics, improve performance.
http://Www.anthonytoth.ca, triathletetoth@twitter
Quote Reply
Re: Lionel is nothing if not seriously entertaining. [Triathletetoth] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Way more challenging for Kristian and even more Gustav to try to win or podium in Paris than repeat their dominance of long course athletes. So really not sure what you’re talking about. Maybe just say you don’t care about short course as much as you love Ironman/long course?
Quote Reply
Re: Lionel is nothing if not seriously entertaining. [Diabolo] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
yup, it will be, but this is about youtube content and that will a repeat of 2017-2021.

The races are showing the results. Youtube is a small insight into how they are trying to get there and their frame of focus and prep. Which we know now and will be like I said a repeat of past videos.

Technique will always last longer then energy production. Improve biomechanics, improve performance.
http://Www.anthonytoth.ca, triathletetoth@twitter
Quote Reply
Re: Lionel is nothing if not seriously entertaining. [Diabolo] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Diabolo wrote:
Way more challenging for Kristian and even more Gustav to try to win or podium in Paris than repeat their dominance of long course athletes. So really not sure what you’re talking about. Maybe just say you don’t care about short course as much as you love Ironman/long course?

yup...once you go long... you cant go back. unless they prove us wrong. Macca tried, and failed. but much credit for trying.
Quote Reply
Re: Lionel is nothing if not seriously entertaining. [synthetic] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I don’t think you can compare this with Macca. For one, the Norvegian boys are much younger than a 38-39 year old Macca and have never really totally left short course. Macca focused on non-draft triathlon and Ironman for 10 years before attempting his short course comeback. I think he may have been a medal even possibly gold medal chance had he come back for Athens in 2004. The course there had his name on it too!
Quote Reply
Re: Lionel is nothing if not seriously entertaining. [ThailandUltras] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Love LS and wish he could have his cake and eat it too...but...

1. He's a powerful biker, can keep up with anyone...but he's inefficient and uses up too much energy to get the same job done as everyone else.

2. Ditto for running... he's fast...but he looks like he's squeezing every muscles to get it done.

It's all fine and dandy for a 70.3 but for those long (full IM) brutal races...his inefficiencies catch up with him in the 2nd half of the run and that funky running style breaks down into.....whatever it is ....

I would LOVE to see his gate analyzed in a professional lab with markers all of this body and high speed cameras and all that stuff to see why he runs the way he does.

That being said....he still an amazing Triathlete and one of the best things for the sport in a LONG time. He's super honest, lays it all out there for us to see and I will miss him when he hands it up.
Quote Reply
Re: Lionel is nothing if not seriously entertaining. [Cottagescape] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I could be wrong but I thought he said his run used to be ‘normal’ when he raced in college. But after being hit 4 or 5 times by cars while riding it has become what it is
Quote Reply
Re: Lionel is nothing if not seriously entertaining. [B_Doughtie] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hope you are alright and able to reach him at some point. Sounds like a lot going on
Quote Reply
Re: Lionel is nothing if not seriously entertaining. [waverider101] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Quote Reply
Re: Lionel is nothing if not seriously entertaining. [dcpinsonn] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Good honest take on the whole thing, and I love his slip of the tongue at the end, "Only one dude gets to win, the rest of you lose!!"..

Also the point I brought up in the other thread, guilty by association is not really right here, entirely possible and probable that CC did this all on his own, or with outside the sport assistance.
Last edited by: monty: Apr 25, 23 9:02
Quote Reply
Re: Lionel is nothing if not seriously entertaining. [monty] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply

Quote:
- Why did you drop Joe Skipper as your coach?
- He's just too scientific for me. He's like having me do zones and things like that. He's like LT3 this, LT3 that. I'm just not into the zone model. I'm just like do what you want.

100% pure unadulterated trolling. Love it!

"FTP is a bit 2015, don't you think?" - Gustav Iden
Last edited by: kajet: May 5, 23 2:29
Quote Reply
Re: Lionel is nothing if not seriously entertaining. [kajet] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Lol

That was great

President of the unofficial LS Fan club

Same for Jan, Gustav, Sam Long, Sam Appleton, Brownlee, Blu etc
Quote Reply
Re: Lionel is nothing if not seriously entertaining. [B_Doughtie] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
to any sport psychs out there how much time is spent 'talking through' guilt / emotions around peds in addition to mental preparation and stress relief. is there patient NDAs
Quote Reply
Re: Lionel is nothing if not seriously entertaining. [waverider101] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
waverider101 wrote:
to any sport psychs out there how much time is spent 'talking through' guilt / emotions around peds in addition to mental preparation and stress relief. is there patient NDAs

http://howtobeswiss.blogspot.ch/
Quote Reply

Prev Next