Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Desoto First Wave Wetsuit [Emilio] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Is there typically a difference in performance when wearing the vest vs. just wearing the bibjohns?
Quote Reply
Re: Desoto First Wave Wetsuit [Uncle Phil] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yes, there is a difference in performance in that the vest offers warmth and flotation. If your bibjohn is very very snug, it can be worn alone. This has been done over and over by many people that race in really warm waters.

All T1 models are designed to be used top and bottoms together, but it is not a law or a rule, so you can do whatever you want. I always encourage people to be creative. The ability to use the Bibjohn alone is very much a case by case basis, and we do not guarantee it will work for everyone....which is why we call it and sell it as a two-piece wetsuit.

Heck I use my Pullover to surf in with Board shorts, and I sometimes swim in just the Pullover, or just the bibjohn, or just the vest. I rowed a single-man skull in my bibjohns the other day, and I did a 10 Mile Paddleboard race this summer in my bibjohhs. A buddy guides river rafting tours in Canada and uses just the bibjohns too.

When you buy a T1, you are at least getting options for different water temps. Before you race in just one of the pieces make sure it works in by training in it first.

Emilio De Soto II
Maker of triathlon clothing, T1 Wetsuits, & Saddle Seat Pads and AXS since 1990
emilio@desotosport.com http://www.desotosport.com
Quote Reply

Prev Next