Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: gebioMized Stride Saddle [twirpburrows] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Do you still have the bebiomized saddle? If so, would you be interested in selling it? Thanks for considering!
Quote Reply
Re: gebioMized Stride Saddle [guillermoD] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
guillermoD wrote:
You got me very engaged until you said LS is using this saddle…

Same here. Lionel has a tiny ass. We are polar opposites that way.

"FTP is a bit 2015, don't you think?" - Gustav Iden
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
twirpburrows wrote:
I've had both saddles. The Gebio Stride (soft) and a Belcarra Tri. They are the same saddle, I couldn't tell a difference. Usable rail length is slightly longer on the Gebiomized. I originally stuck with the Belcarra as I preferred the all black look and not the white logo.

Comfort wise, it's a good saddle, loads of thigh clearance and plenty of padding. I also bought the built in bottle mount here in the UK (from Westbrook cycles) It's made by Topeak and to be honest I think it's pretty naff. Fine for one bottle but it snapped off when I used 2 full 750mm bottles. Scott did replace the mount.

Summary of the saddle, Good for multiple positions, long thin (50mm) nose with enough padding to use. For me, I found I had hotspots and it just wasn't quite comfy over IM distance. I've since gone back to a Dash.

For someone who loved the Dash Stage G2 and HATED the Fizk Mistica and Specialized Sitero how would you rate the Stride? I need to get a new saddle and deciding between another Dash or trying this one?
Quote Reply
Re: gebioMized Stride Saddle [lastlap] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I wouldn’t say it was uncomfortable, it was actually a very nice saddle but the long (thinner) nose just didn’t quite offer me both support and narrowness. Since being back on the dash I’ve forgotten I’m on a saddle which can only be a good thing.

It’s worth a try, it’s a good saddle if it suits your pelvic rotation. Just wasn’t quite right for me
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Great thanks, think I'll just stick with the dash!
Quote Reply
Re: gebioMized Stride Saddle [lastlap] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
For what it's worth, Gebiomized says they use different foam/densities on their saddles. They also offer them in two different firmness levels. The version I got, and the one I assume everyone has, is the softer foam meant for long course.

I'm still using mine and really like it, I think the key to a proper fit is sitting more on top of this saddle with a bit of forward cant. If I hang my junk off the front (like you do on an ISM) then it caused sore spots.
Quote Reply
Re: gebioMized Stride Saddle [Th4ddy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Bonjour
J'ai une ISM 3.1, trop souple
Je teste une Dash Stage: Beaucoup trop dure
Comme juges-tu la GEBIOMIZED comparativement au modéle ISM 3.1?
Y a t il une grosse différence entre une S et une N?
Merci
Quote Reply
Re: gebioMized Stride Saddle [Eltito] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I've never ridden either of those saddle so I can't compare them to the GebioMized.
Quote Reply
Re: gebioMized Stride Saddle [Eltito] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I was using the 3.1. Switched to the Stride and much more comfortable.

I have the N version, the harder one.

I find a bit more tilt is needed, nose down 4.5 degrees, book on top with level. And I sit a tad farther back and not the junk off the front like ISM.

@Thaddy, is that what you mean also?
Quote Reply
Re: gebioMized Stride Saddle [Pwraddr] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Pwraddr wrote:
I was using the 3.1. Switched to the Stride and much more comfortable.

I have the N version, the harder one.

I find a bit more tilt is needed, nose down 4.5 degrees, book on top with level. And I sit a tad farther back and not the junk off the front like ISM.

@Thaddy, is that what you mean also?

Exactly. I sit a bit more rearwards with some extra tilt. I haven't measured but it's probably between 4.5 and 6 degrees.
Quote Reply
Re: gebioMized Stride Saddle [Th4ddy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I'll have to give that tilt a try. In my fitting with Dave Luscan, after getting fit on his jig with an ISM, we tried out the Stride again and it messed everything up for me. But now determined I can't use the ISM comfortably and using the newer softer sitero.

IG - @ryanppax
http://www.geluminati.com
Use code ST5 for $5 off your order
Quote Reply

Prev Next