Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
gebioMized Stride Saddle
Quote | Reply
This saddle seems to be getting more popular in the US, with some already heavy popularity in Europe, and I now see it on the front page of SlowTwitch. I had one delivered last week and it seems very nice, but haven't ridden on it enough to give a definitive opinion. It does seem more comfortable than my previous ISM and Cobb Delta 38 saddles though.

Looks like it's produced by Syncros who has their own version called the Belcarra (link). However, the Syncros version has carbon rails and only one density, where the gebioMized version uses titanium rails and offers two densities. They also both seem to support a direct mount BTS for running some bottle cages (link).

And Lionel Sanders is using this saddle, so clearly this will be a very polarizing topic.
Quote Reply
Re: gebioMized Stride Saddle [Th4ddy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Curious to hear your thoughts. I was going to order one. Sent them and email and said no returns if I didn’t like it.

I already have a box of saddles, no need to add more on it.

What ISM are you on now?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I've been interested in this saddle for awhile have not seen it in the wild. What density did you get soft or medium?

Interesting that the Syncros/Scott version with carbon rails is $180/220grams and the Gebiomized version with titanium rails is $255/250 to 260grams. Syncros version of course out of stock at the moment.
Quote Reply
Re: gebioMized Stride Saddle [Herbie Hancock] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Pwraddr wrote:
Curious to hear your thoughts. I was going to order one. Sent them and email and said no returns if I didn’t like it.

I already have a box of saddles, no need to add more on it.

What ISM are you on now?
I ordered mine from Cyclologic, which is their US distributor. You may want to see if their return policy is any different (if you haven't already).

I'm coming from an ISM PS 2.0 and then a Cobb Delta 38. I couldn't avoid hotspots on the ISM and the Delta 38 was a bit too narrow. The gebioMized seems to address both issues so far.

Herbie Hancock wrote:
I've been interested in this saddle for awhile have not seen it in the wild. What density did you get soft or medium?

Interesting that the Syncros/Scott version with carbon rails is $180/220grams and the Gebiomized version with titanium rails is $255/250 to 260grams. Syncros version of course out of stock at the moment.
I got the soft, which was recommended for long course racing.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I've been running it for a while now. Very pleased with it. Allows me much more pelvic tilt and stability than a Fizik, ISM, etc. I was skeptical first and thought the commentary around using fit data was marketing driven but would definitely recommend it
Quote Reply
Re: gebioMized Stride Saddle [Belgian_Waffle] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I want to try this saddle. I decided to try Selle Italia's Iron saddle and didn't like it very much.

Does anyone know the difference between Syncros TT saddle and Tri saddle?
Quote Reply
Re: gebioMized Stride Saddle [TulkasTri] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
It looks like only the Belcarra V1.0 Tri matches the gebioMized Stride saddle. The others seem to have a different shape and larger cutout. Also, for tri I'd prefer round titanium rails over carbon, and I don't see one from Syncros that doesn't have carbon rails.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Th4ddy wrote:
It looks like only the Belcarra V1.0 Tri matches the gebioMized Stride saddle. The others seem to have a different shape and larger cutout. Also, for tri I'd prefer round titanium rails over carbon, and I don't see one from Syncros that doesn't have carbon rails.

May I ask why?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
You got me very engaged until you said LS is using this saddle…
Quote Reply
Re: gebioMized Stride Saddle [TulkasTri] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I'd be afraid of racking my bike against the rails and having it handled by volunteers. I think some seat post clamps also specify the seat rails must be round? I've seen some carbon rails that weren't.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Th4ddy wrote:

that one has a shorter cutout (and i think shorter nose overall) than the stride. looks like very similar shape otherwise but likely different padding
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I’ve been using it for almost 2 years now and love it. I tried just about every saddle out there but saw this on a pros bike a long time ago and bought one. I hadn’t even heard about the company before that.
Quote Reply
Re: gebioMized Stride Saddle [sorelegs] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I need to adjust the tilt a bit, but it's definitely more comfortable for me than the Delta 38. I also found a nice BTS mount that attaches directly to the rear underside of the saddle.
Quote Reply
Re: gebioMized Stride Saddle [pk1] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
pk1 wrote:
that one has a shorter cutout (and i think shorter nose overall) than the stride. looks like very similar shape otherwise but likely different padding

It would be interesting to hear feedback from someone who tried both. Are they really that different?

Слава Україні 🇺🇦✊
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
What did you use?
Quote Reply
Re: gebioMized Stride Saddle [sorelegs] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
This is the product. There is a rubber plug underneath the saddle that hides the two threaded holes.
Quote Reply
Re: gebioMized Stride Saddle [oleks] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I've had both saddles. The Gebio Stride (soft) and a Belcarra Tri. They are the same saddle, I couldn't tell a difference. Usable rail length is slightly longer on the Gebiomized. I originally stuck with the Belcarra as I preferred the all black look and not the white logo.

Comfort wise, it's a good saddle, loads of thigh clearance and plenty of padding. I also bought the built in bottle mount here in the UK (from Westbrook cycles) It's made by Topeak and to be honest I think it's pretty naff. Fine for one bottle but it snapped off when I used 2 full 750mm bottles. Scott did replace the mount.

Summary of the saddle, Good for multiple positions, long thin (50mm) nose with enough padding to use. For me, I found I had hotspots and it just wasn't quite comfy over IM distance. I've since gone back to a Dash.
Quote Reply
Re: gebioMized Stride Saddle [twirpburrows] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Excellent comparison! Thank you so much🤗

Слава Україні 🇺🇦✊
Quote Reply
Re: gebioMized Stride Saddle [Herbie Hancock] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
do you ride it like a nose-less saddle or a standard saddle?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
twirpburrows wrote:
I've had both saddles. The Gebio Stride (soft) and a Belcarra Tri. They are the same saddle, I couldn't tell a difference. Usable rail length is slightly longer on the Gebiomized. I originally stuck with the Belcarra as I preferred the all black look and not the white logo.

Comfort wise, it's a good saddle, loads of thigh clearance and plenty of padding. I also bought the built in bottle mount here in the UK (from Westbrook cycles) It's made by Topeak and to be honest I think it's pretty naff. Fine for one bottle but it snapped off when I used 2 full 750mm bottles. Scott did replace the mount.

Summary of the saddle, Good for multiple positions, long thin (50mm) nose with enough padding to use. For me, I found I had hotspots and it just wasn't quite comfy over IM distance. I've since gone back to a Dash.

This is a concern I had when ordering the mount, glad to hear my gut feeling is correct. What part actually broke?
Quote Reply
Re: gebioMized Stride Saddle [pk1] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
pk1 wrote:
Th4ddy wrote:

i see now that the cutout is actually the same, its just the rail mount on the syncros makes the front of the cutout look filled in.
they do supposedly have different padding though - syncros is PU foam whereas gebiomized use "High-end EVA foam". what that means in practice, who knows
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
which Dash did you went back to? I own every Dash out there, and was actually thinking to try the Stride.
Quote Reply
Re: gebioMized Stride Saddle [teixido] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I’ve got both the strike and stage. Think the strike is the one for me. Narrow enough at the front with enough support at the back.
Quote Reply
Re: gebioMized Stride Saddle [iliketri] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
They market it as a saddle for both nose riding and rear riding. I found riding on the nose wasn’t quite supportive enough and the rear riding put pressure where I didn’t want it. I’m too fussy that’s my problem. I had the tilt at -2 and -3. Any more tilt and I felt unstable.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Gotcha.

I’m on the same boat -without having tried the G- and also prefer the Dash strike over the stage.

Having said that, did you end up selling your Geo?
Quote Reply

Prev Next