Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: New S-Works TT 5 helmet [RJones07] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
RJones07 wrote:
Just arrived. Definitely still has the headsock. I ended up buying a size L even though I wear M in other Spesh helmets. Fits great.

Looking at buying but hard to buy with no aero ability to aero test and limited testing I can find.

2024: Bevoman, Galveston, Alcatraz, Marble Falls, Santa Cruz
Quote Reply
Re: New S-Works TT 5 helmet [RJones07] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
So how much faster is this helmet than an aerohead

IG - @ryanppax
http://www.geluminati.com
Use code ST5 for $5 off your order
Quote Reply
Re: New S-Works TT 5 helmet [Toothengineer] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Also concerned at overheating. Big difference between a tour TT and wearing a black ventless helmet with a built in snood for 5 hours through the heat of the day in a typical Ironman then I'd worry it would be a bit of an oven.
Quote Reply
Re: New S-Works TT 5 helmet [Duncan74] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Duncan74 wrote:
Also concerned at overheating. Big difference between a tour TT and wearing a black ventless helmet with a built in snood for 5 hours through the heat of the day in a typical Ironman then I'd worry it would be a bit of an oven.

FWIW, Paula wore this at the T100 Miami (minus the face condom) which was a shorter race but crazy hot/humid. The helmet color should be a non-issue, since the helmet foam provides a huge amount of thermal isolation between the helmet shell and the wearer (think beer cooler). Hopefully as the season progresses we can get more data points.

ECMGN Therapy Silicon Valley:
Depression, Neurocognitive problems, Dementias (Testing and Evaluation), Trauma and PTSD, Traumatic Brain Injury (TBI)
Quote Reply
Re: New S-Works TT 5 helmet [Duncan74] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Duncan74 wrote:

I’m worried about same, I find visors make me much hotter, suspect this helmet is not good without one. But not all races are done in hot conditions , nor are all races an Ironman. FWIW, India Lee rode the helmet at Miami then got off an ran pretty well!

Dimond Bikes Superfan
Quote Reply
Re: New S-Works TT 5 helmet [ericlambi] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Paula said on the pod she took her visor off and lobbed it but that was due to low light rather than heat
Quote Reply
Re: New S-Works TT 5 helmet [Xath10] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply

Helmet aerodynamics vary hugely from one person to the next. No-tail and short-tail helmets always worked terribly for me - like 20-30 seconds over 40K. Yet I know one Olympic competitor who did vastly better with one.

My latest book: "Out of the Melting Pot, Into the Fire" is on sale on Amazon and at other online and local booksellers
Quote Reply
Re: New S-Works TT 5 helmet [Ryanppax] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Ryanppax wrote:
So how much faster is this helmet than an aerohead

Wish I knew the answer to that! I have loved the aerohead for years raced with a Rudy last year for one race with no testing. The Rudy did not pass the look test but bike split was normalish for me. Was going to go back to the aerohead this year till I saw the TT 5. Tempted to just get race with it and get out to Jim and do some testing when I can.

2024: Bevoman, Galveston, Alcatraz, Marble Falls, Santa Cruz
Quote Reply
Re: New S-Works TT 5 helmet [Toothengineer] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I saw it tested recently. Against a Rudy it did marginally better. On another athlete, against a POC short tail it did significantly better. Of course this is rider dependant.
Last edited by: marcag: Mar 17, 24 23:02
Quote Reply
Re: New S-Works TT 5 helmet [marcag] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Any thoughts on sizing here? I’m right between a medium and a large - just under 59cm.

Also, anyone know the weight?
Quote Reply

Prev Next