Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: The 2017 Frontdoor Brag About Your Yearly Totals thread [Dr. Tigerchik] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Total of 620 hours. 5350 bike miles, 2302 run miles & 245,000 swim yards. Swim total would have been higher if the pool I swim at hadn’t been closed for updates since early November - supposed to reopen this week.

Blog: http://262toboylstonstreet.blogspot.com/
https://twitter.com/NateThomasTri
Coaching: https://bybtricoaching.com/ - accepting athletes for 2023
Quote Reply
Re: The 2017 Frontdoor Brag About Your Yearly Totals thread [Dr. Tigerchik] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Looking at TP for the year, it looks like I swam a little over 500,000 yards, biked 275hrs, and ran ~1500mi.

I had a weird year, with lots of life changes. Trained super efficiently over the spring but not a ton of volume (10-12hrs/week) and made big gains on the bike while I was somewhat injured on the run. Took on a tough co-op over the summer and trained at a very average level, getting volume in but not necessarily crushing workouts. Considered putting the sport completely on the back burner in August, but decided to race my fall collegiate season and have fun with it. Had a tough fall semester with some new challenges and essentially just tried to maintain my triathlon specific fitness while taking on some new physical challenges for the Army. Did a lot of very easy running from August-present, more or less holding 40mpw for the first time consistently, since I learned how to slow the hell down. Ended up hitting 2:10 for a very, very hilly oly in October off of very little training other than the easy running.

In late November I may have finally cracked the code on how works best for me to train with my current life situation; I'm back to enjoying my training once more, and really looking forward to this year.

"Don't you have to go be stupid somewhere else?"..."Not until 4!"
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
According to the ST log I trained 776 hours this year and I was not even racing....just training for exercise. I actually ran more than I thought, and most of this was in the first half of the year, when I running was coming back, but then I had a set back with disc issues hounding me for 2 years and I was getting some riding in indoors and then outdoors till that point. Then I became hard to ride. So I just dove into the full blown swim program and doing weights.

So I ended up at following. I needed one more hour in the pool to hit 400 hrs, but I did not realize that till checked the log just now! AP is ST aerobic points. You log a lot of those when you swim a lot, but man, they are hard earned for sure. I may have won the king of ST swim training meters among active ST posters (hopefully I did not win the frequent posting title, but i probably got that one, but what the heck)

Swimming 344 1.257.200,00m 398:56:00 AP13.754,33
Running 226 1.512,00km 161:33:00 AP3.746,73
Cycling 163 3.275,00km 114:53:00 AP2.034,82
Weights 160 86:47:00
Outdoor 7 130,50km 13:17:00 AP243,27
Sports 1 0:45:00
Totals 901 776:11:00 0 AP19.779,15

Also out of that run total, there is more than 200 km of snow shoe running...around 30 hours in total, so "real running" on treadmill, track or pavement is more like 1300 km.

What the last 2 years have confirmed with certainty is that whether I a racing or not, I am pretty well on the 2 hours per training per day program. It's been like that since I was 10 years old (actually back then I was on the 3-4 hours of exercise per day plan, but most kids were).
Last edited by: devashish_paul: Jan 1, 18 17:28
Quote Reply

Prev Next