Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
The 2017 Frontdoor Brag About Your Yearly Totals thread
Quote | Reply
So, lets hear it - how far did you s, b, r in 2017?

maybe she's born with it, maybe it's chlorine
If you're injured and need some sympathy, PM me and I'm very happy to write back.
disclaimer: PhD not MD
Quote Reply
Re: The 2017 Frontdoor Brag About Your Yearly Totals thread [Dr. Tigerchik] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Bronze on the Big Kahuna challenge for me with 14,596 points.

rounding to the nearest yard/mile here...

swim: 393,511 yards
bike: 741 miles
run: 2480 miles

races: won a 5k; also ran a 10k and two half-marathons. One swim meet, one 3 mi OW swim, one DQ at a 2k swim/10 mi run aquathon.

fewer miles in all sports than last year but very close in everything but cycling (445k, 1200 miles, 2530 miles)

If you're injured and need some sympathy, PM me and I'm very happy to write back.
Quote Reply
Re: The 2017 Frontdoor Brag About Your Yearly Totals thread [Dr. Tigerchik] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Strava tells me I did:
Bike: 4,342 miles and 153,356 feet of climbing.
Run: 918 miles and 84,232 feet of climbing
Swim: 866,051 yards and 0 feet of climbing, but if I could figure in swimming up the face of swells, there’d have to be a few feet in there.
I have one more 3-4 mile ez run today, then starting the new year with a 10 mile trail race.

Happy New Year, Dr. TC!!

Proud member of FISHTWITCH: doing a bit more than fish exercise now.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
swim 215k yards
bike 6371 miles
run 1682 miles

Dave Campbell | Facebook | @DaveECampbell | h2ofun@h2ofun.net

Boom Nutrition code 19F4Y3 $5 off 24 pack box | Bionic Runner | PowerCranks | Velotron | Spruzzamist

Lions don't lose sleep worrying about the sheep
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
My year was pretty polarized. Lots of training leading into Galveston 70.3 in April. Then took it easy until September. Lots of running to end the year.

Big breakthrough was winning my AG at Galveston. Still can’t believe that.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
3 overall wins.

A 2'nd where the race leader was directed off course while I was running in 2'nd. I was directed correctly. His misdirection caused him to run about an extra 1/2 mile and finish 2'nd. After the race we spoke to the race director and timers who adjusted his time to put him in 1'st and me in 2'nd.

Finished top 7 in every other race but 2.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Swim: 308,000 yds
Bike: 3,031 miles
Run: 889 miles

2nd official year of triathlon complete. One Olympic (1st in 40M AG), one 50 miler (1st in 40M AG), and two HIMs this year (32nd and 20th in 40M AG).

Year three (2018), looking to be much of the same before making the jump to IM in 2019. On a ten year plan to get to Kona.

Happy New Year everyone and best wishes that you all smash your goals in 2018!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I'll play, guess my numbers are not even worth posting here...

Swim: 62 miles
Bike: 670 miles
Run: 750 miles

Finished a 70.3 in 4.47h.
U
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
  1. Enough to complete my Ultra 520K (Ultraman) in Penticton in August.
  2. Enough to deplete my immune system (Stupidman) to the point where I got meningitis in June.

http://www.fitspeek.com the Fraser Valley's fitness, wellness, and endurance sports podcast
Quote Reply
Re: The 2017 Frontdoor Brag About Your Yearly Totals thread [Hydrosloth] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I was just looking for the " I have low self esteem so I need a fake pat on the back for my totals" yearly post. Kinda like the ass clowns that post pictures of their participation medals on Facebook.
Quote Reply
Re: The 2017 Frontdoor Brag About Your Yearly Totals thread [triathlete37] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
triathlete37 wrote:
I was just looking for the " I have low self esteem so I need a fake pat on the back for my totals" yearly post. Kinda like the ass clowns that post pictures of their participation medals on Facebook.

Does it improve your self esteem to post condescendingly toward people who post something that can have absolutely zero impact on your life by simply not clicking the thread?

Quote | Reply
Quote:

You didn't train much this year, huh?

Quote Reply
Re: The 2017 Frontdoor Brag About Your Yearly Totals thread [triathlete37] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
...well, I'm fine - no pad needed. Thanks. Happy 2018
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
swim - 38,202 yards
bike - 352 miles, but I did most on a dumb trainer so 51'15"
run - 1000.2 miles

Use this link to save $5 off your USAT membership renewal:
https://membership.usatriathlon.org/...A2-BAD7-6137B629D9B7
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Dr. Tigerchik wrote:
Quote:

Actually I did, I just don’t need to tell everyone about it.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
triathlete37 wrote:
Dr. Tigerchik wrote:
Quote:

Actually I did, I just don’t need to tell everyone about it.

But you did feel the need to tell everyone you don’t need to tell everyone about it. Which is worse?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
125k swim
5675 mile bike
425 mile run
Looking to double the swim yardage, 7k bike and 750 mile run next year!
Quote Reply
Re: The 2017 Frontdoor Brag About Your Yearly Totals thread [Jgill] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I rode 196 times. Only 26 were outdoors. But I'm sure sipping covfefe during most means they were high quality workouts. sigh.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Nobody's constipated on race morning
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
According to Strava: 12,500 miles with 757k of climbing in 730 hours of cycling.

I’m a one-sport guy unless you count ~100 hours of dog walking and about the same doing mobility & stretching to keep creaky body moving.
Last edited by: Carl Spackler: Dec 31, 17 14:34
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Swim 550,000 yards
bike 8,100 miles
run 1,600 miles
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply

Swim: several dozen lengths of my hot tub over the months I am sure

Bike: 30,636km, 419,333m Elevation

Run: About 40km of Snowshoeing

Professional Athlete: http://jordancheyne.wordpress.com/ http://www.strava.com/athletes/145340

Coaching Services:http://www.peakformcoaching.com/

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Swim: 1,092,100 yards
Bike: 5.498 miles
Run: 1,005 miles

Celebrated 35 years in the sport by competing in my first ITU age group worlds (sprint) as a competitor.

#swimmingmatters
Laugh hard. Run fast. Be kind.
The Doctor (#12)

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I had a pretty good year but there's always room for improvement:

Swim - 519,951 yards
Bike - 6880 miles
Run - 1528 miles

- that's Dr HuffnPuff to all you twitchers...also piled higher and deeper.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Swim - 263 miles - average/week - 5.1 miles
Bike - 6206 miles - average/week - 119.3 miles
Run - 1242 miles - average/week - 23.9 miles
Sleep - 2662 hrs - average/week - 51.2 hours
Quote Reply
Re: The 2017 Frontdoor Brag About Your Yearly Totals thread [HuffNPuff] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Tore of my achilles tendon in May but still managed 443 hours in total:
215h bike
119h swim
78h run
The rest is walking when I could not run.

This is 100 hours less than in 2016, but still much better than I anticipated after my mishap. Have actually done 225hrs after my accident which is a bit suprising. Today Im training without any problems at all.
Quote Reply

Prev Next