Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Another 60+ racer, Clayton Shepard, tests positive [h2ofun] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The fact is that you admitted to doping, and doing it to improve your performance.

Yet you come on every doping thread and self-righteously proclaim that you cannot understand why these lame cheaters dope.

Just because you would test clean today does not gain you back the moral high ground.

-------------
Ed O'Malley
www.VeloVetta.com
Founder of VeloVetta Cycling Shoes
Instagram • Facebook
Quote Reply
Re: Another 60+ racer, Clayton Shepard, tests positive [RowToTri] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
RowToTri wrote:
The fact is that you admitted to doping, and doing it to improve your performance.

Yet you come on every doping thread and self-righteously proclaim that you cannot understand why these lame cheaters dope.

Just because you would test clean today does not gain you back the moral high ground.

Again, turn me in!!!

Dave Campbell | Facebook | @DaveECampbell | h2ofun@h2ofun.net

Boom Nutrition code 19F4Y3 $5 off 24 pack box | Bionic Runner | PowerCranks | Velotron | Spruzzamist

Lions don't lose sleep worrying about the sheep
Quote Reply
Re: Another 60+ racer, Clayton Shepard, tests positive [nslckevin] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
nslckevin wrote:
See how quickly you can figure out which one he is.

Love the gran fondo riding position too, which in retrospect looks like just trolling the anti-doping crowd.
Quote Reply
Re: Another 60+ racer, Clayton Shepard, tests positive [nslckevin] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
You're right. He is a fat fuck.
Quote Reply
Re: Another 60+ racer, Clayton Shepard, tests positive [ccassidy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In February 2014, Russian race walker Elena Lashmanova tested positive for GW501516. She was walking.
Quote Reply
Re: Another 60+ racer, Clayton Shepard, tests positive [Andrewmc] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Double letters...just saying...
Quote Reply
Re: Another 60+ racer, Clayton Shepard, tests positive [jaretj] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
nslckevin wrote:
ccassidy wrote:
10/8/17 - Clayton Shepard, MN, provisionally suspended for potential anti-doping rule violation, anabolic steriods, GW1516 by UCI as a result of testing at the UCI Worlds Masters Track Champioships in LA where he won the Scratch and Points races.

I saw that race (scratch race).

Sad, and there was so much winning.

http://www.cyclecoach.com
http://www.aerocoach.com.au
Quote Reply
Re: Another 60+ racer, Clayton Shepard, tests positive [Mark Lemmon] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Mark Lemmon wrote:
Understand. Thanks for montyexplaining.

there, fixed it for you
Quote Reply
Re: Another 60+ racer, Clayton Shepard, tests positive [nealhe] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply

Very well written although he is completely wrong about the 70+ world champion 'crowd'. I wouldn't want to be the one to tell people like Lew Hollander or Sister Buder that they are not world champs because they were the only one their age - in the entire world - even able to toe the starting line let alone finish. As Droopy noted below, for a lot of people getting to the line is an odyssey. That becomes much more obvious as you age.

That said, the thrust of the article is - 'good riddance to Doc Shepard.' Amen to that!

"And in my opinion, it’s the effort and commitment that deserves respect, regardless of what you think about the particular event and regardless of how you finish. No win is easy. No win is a gift. No win comes without going deep, either mentally or physically, and usually both. For a lot of people, just getting to the line is an odyssey."
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
so, he basically lapped the field?
Quote Reply
Re: Another 60+ racer, Clayton Shepard, tests positive [Runguy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
He lapped the field twice. And then won the final sprint...

Kevin

http://kevinmetcalfe.dreamhosters.com
My Strava
Quote Reply
Re: Another 60+ racer, Clayton Shepard, tests positive [monty] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Let's not single out "old people" in this discussion. The motivation to cheat doesn't change with age. I play golf with cheaters of all ages. You may wonder why anyone this ancient would even care to dope but as a person in the ancient age group, my desire to perform well in competition has not waned over the years. I can understand why the desire to dope increases with age. Despite our effort to improve or maintain speed, it's just not possible as you age. That reality doesn't sit well with some people. After the learning curve has normalized all you have left is ability to get oxygen to our muscles.
Quote Reply

Prev Next